Rumor: PS5 Pro & New PS Handheld by 2024

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Blame China for starting this Covid shyt, they fukked the planet :yeshrug:

full

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Sony got spanked with the Vita when it was leagues beyond Nintendo handhelds in terms of feature and power so I don't see them jumping into that market again. Handhelds are typically the domain of cheaper titles, so having a machine with the power of a PS4 and hence the need for a similar budget, is going to be a no-go, unless they literally make it a portable ps4 that can play all the titles.

We can't even get a regular supply of PS5s out there, so I don't see them pushing a pro model any time soon, especially since the vast majority of games are cross gen. What's the need for 'more power' when the current games still have to be neutered to fit on ps4 and one x?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony got spanked with the Vita when it was leagues beyond Nintendo handhelds in terms of feature and power so I don't see them jumping into that market again. Handhelds are typically the domain of cheaper titles, so having a machine with the power of a PS4 and hence the need for a similar budget, is going to be a no-go, unless they literally make it a portable ps4 that can play all the titles.

We can't even get a regular supply of PS5s out there, so I don't see them pushing a pro model any time soon, especially since the vast majority of games are cross gen. What's the need for 'more power' when the current games still have to be neutered to fit on ps4 and one x?

Yeah theres a reason teh vita stopped getting support. People who want big blockbuster experiences of sony games aren’t really buying those games on handheld to the same extent that people that like mario and Kirby are buying those games on handheld. The cost and return for a sony studio to split off to make a different low scale version of their game isn’t worth the effort.

Now getting mobile studios to make games for phones and tablets is different, which is the direction sony and other big publishers are going in. Mobile games are the biggest gaming market on the planet right now and those games cost a fraction of the cost of a playstation game to make. Thats why nintendo does so well, their games are cheap to make and generate a large amount of profit at 60 dollars. Theres now no difference between a handheld game and a console game for them so they are selling what are essentially handheld system and games for the price of a console.

Nintendo cornered the market, theres no where left for anyone else to enter. The Steamdeck will continue being a niche piece of hardware and eventually fizzle out. Hardcore gamers aren’t enough to keep that market alive

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
After the vita..sony ain't doin another handheld.

Starting to think they won't even bother making a ps5 pro. Supply chain is probably gonna be fukked for another year or 2.

and by the time they could get a pro out easily... we'll be close enough to next gen start

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this is a really smart and strategic move by Sony. it’s like a win-win situation.

When they inevitably come out with a pro they either get to say their console is far more powerful than the xbox for not much more, which gives them a huge advantage or they force Microsoft into creating another console on top of the two that they already have. So it would split Microsofts console development piping into 3rd’s making it much more difficult for them.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
this is a really smart and strategic move by Sony. it’s like a win-win situation.

When they inevitably come out with a pro they either get to say their console is far more powerful than the xbox for not much more, which gives them a huge advantage or they force Microsoft into creating another console on top of the two that they already have. So it would split Microsofts console development piping into 3rd’s making it much more difficult for them.
Are you malfunctioning? You typed this same shyt in the other thread youncreated :mjlol:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I am definitely getting that, but please tell me sticks are removable because 0 percent I buy if they are not