Rumor: NBA Expansion?

drifter

Superstar
Daps
And Vegas is a given because LeBron wants it that's why the new CBA allows players to own percentages of teams

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
What's wrong with Paris? The French love basketball probably more than Americans overall. They played in Mexico City earlier this season so they must like the numbers

Neither one seems that crazy because money talks. Whether it's the NFL or NBA there's gonna be a pro team in Europe in the next decade
The travel logistics/long ass flights from america to paris/mexico city :mjtf:

You play in portland wednesday, paris on saturday and mexico on monday... Imagine the jet lag... Yikes :picard:

Last edited:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
What's wrong with Paris? The French love basketball probably more than Americans overall. They played in Mexico City earlier this season so they must like the numbers

Neither one seems that crazy because money talks. Whether it's the NFL or NBA there's gonna be a pro team in Europe in the next decade
The nba already complains about the schedule, hard to see teams willing to fly to Paris.

Also I’m not sure players want to live in non American cities (exception of Toronto)

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

It’s an 8 hour flight from CDG to JFK. :mjlol:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So I wouldn’t be surprised if the final games for the mid season tournament happen in Vegas, and it’s used as both a vehicle promote the NBA with locals as well as an opportunity to build up facilities to host a full team.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
And Vegas is a given because LeBron wants it that's why the new CBA allows players to own percentages of teams
I dont know if Las Vegas can support two professional winter sports teams at the same time. The NBA/NHL run the same schedule. And the Raiders (NFL )and the Athletics (MLB) MOVED to Vegas too. The NHL was actually the first "big four" (the four biggest sports leagues in north america: nba, nfl, mlb , nhl) professional sports league to move into the untapped Vegas market in october 2017, and the locals embraced the expansion vegas golden knights immediately. In six seasons they went to the scf 2 times( they advanced to the finals in their first year in vegas ( but lost)and are one win away from their first stanley cup championship this year) they also went to the WCF 4 times in 6 years too. They came in first and had a lot of success from the gate. A Vegas NBA team needs to do the same if they want to grow and build a fanbase. I know folks in vegas love their college basketball( UNLV rebels) and the sport of basketball is popular on the grassroots level (a lot of people play it as their sport of choice) but i wonder if these college ball fans would crossover to the nba.

Last edited:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
The travel logistics/long ass flights from america to paris/mexico city :mjtf:

You play in portland wednesday, paris on saturday and mexico on monday... Imagine the jet lag... Yikes :picard:
The nba already complains about the schedule, hard to see teams willing to fly to Paris.

Also I’m not sure players want to live in non American cities (exception of Toronto)
It’s an 8 hour flight from CDG to JFK. :mjlol:

You think the NBA hasn't already figured out what Coli posters have? They'll obviously change the schedule to something probably not seen before to accommodate. How? Idk and don't get paid to figure it out but they must have a plan if those 2 are still in consideration at this point

These businesses are worth billions and don't just wake up and make decisions. No offense I'm pretty sure they thought about those locations more than you three put together. There's new markets to get money from, the NFL and NBA are gonna to figure how to do it and get the money. It's that simple, they're not gonna let y'all playing Flight Control get in the way of billions :mjlol:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I dont know if Las Vegas can support two professional winter sports teams at the same time. The NBA/NHL run the same schedule. And the Raiders (NFL )and the Athletics (MLB) MOVED to Vegas too. The NHL was actually the first "big four" (the four biggest sports leagues in north america: nba, nfl, mlb , nhl) professional sports league to move into the untapped Vegas market in october 2017, and the locals embraced the expansion vegas golden knights immediately. In six seasons they went to the scf 2 times( they advanced to the finals in their first year in vegas ( but lost)and are one win away from their first stanley cup championship this year) they also went to the WCF 4 times in 6 years too. They came in first and had a lot of success from the gate. A Vegas NBA team needs to do the same if they want to grow and build a fanbase. I know folks in vegas love their college basketball( UNLV rebels) and the sport of basketball is popular on the grassroots level (a lot of people play it as their sport of choice) but i wonder if these college ball fans would crossover to the nba.
A Vegas NBA team is going to print money and I don't see any issue with NHL/NBA running at the same time at all. They'll get fans from all 4 Cali teams, Suns fans, Vegas natives, and people on vacation going to games and be a FA destination out the gate. That's more of a sure shot than even the Raiders

A's are having trouble getting the smallest baseball arena ever approved and even if they do it wouldn't be much a difference to how LA treats the Chargers. They're there but most people don't care, baseball would be the ones feeling the strain. A decent NBA team would take over the city even better than hockey

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s like Seattle is already one for sure I would assume another team in Vegas. If it’s a team outside of Seattle/Vegas I’d be surprised.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Why we expanding instead of contracting?

Teams should only exist if it's a free agent destination, everybody else :camby: