Rumor: NBA Expansion?

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
On one hand adding teams is always fun and exciting but on the other hand I don't think we need further dilution of talent on teams when the Magic, Hornets, Kings, Thunder, Pistons, Raptors, Rockets, Knicks, Wizards, Pacers, and Spurs exist. I ain't bullshyttin, go look at those rosters right now and tell me we need more teams because of all the talent already in the league.

It doesn't make sense to add teams just for the hell of it. if the argument is that the league used to have 6 and grew to 29 in 30 years, then we need to realize that obviously the league needed more than 6 teams, but to continue to add 29 teams every 30 years would be nonsensical.
The Raptors?

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Yeah geographically NO and Memphis more on the east coast

It's more about where they are to other teams in the west.

Minnesota is much further than all the other western conference teams than New Orleans or Memphis are

2022-NBA-Map-1024x524.jpg

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Memphis is further East than Minnesota. No one ever says they're isolated from the West or have to deal with time zones.

That being said the league doesn't really need more teams.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So the East would probably be:
Wolves
Bucks
Bulls
Pistons

Raptors
Celtics
Knicks
Nets

Wizards
Pacers
Philly
Cavs

Heat
Magic
Hawks
Hornets

The west would be a lot harder to call outside of Portland probably being in the new division. They should probably put the Kings in that new division too. Then they could have Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, and Suns.

A division of Utah, OKC, Denver, and the Grizzlies would be a bytch for the teams involved but would make it easier for everyone else.

I would legit be interested in how they break this all up.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
So the East would probably be:
Wolves
Bucks
Bulls
Pistons

Raptors
Celtics
Knicks
Nets

Wizards
Pacers
Philly
Cavs

Heat
Magic
Hawks
Hornets

The west would be a lot harder to call outside of Portland probably being in the new division. They should probably put the Kings in that new division too. Then they could have Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, and Suns.

A division of Utah, OKC, Denver, and the Grizzlies would be a bytch for the teams involved but would make it easier for everyone else.

I would legit be interested in how they break this all up.
Why aren’t the Grizzlies in the east in your scenario if both teams added would be to the west?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Why aren’t the Grizzlies in the east in your scenario if both teams added would be to the west?
apparently the way the math works only one team from the west needs to come to the east for them to have 16 teams. Plus the Wolves are far from the western teams, while NO, is close to all those teams in Texas and the Grizzlies are relatively close to OKC, just like the Jazz are relatively close to Denver. they would have a short trip for a least a third of their division games.

Hell here is my West Mock

Trailblazers
Sonics
Vegas team
Kings

Lakers
Suns
Warriors
Clippers

Grizzlies
Thunder
Jazz
Nuggets

Spurs
Pelicans
Rockets
Mavericks

The beauty of moving the Kings is they are north California so the division isn't just a singular state and it helps get that franchise outside of the shadow of four better teams. Maybe they can get their shyt right playing against an expansion teams.