Rumor: NBA Expansion?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
You think the NBA hasn't already figured out what Coli posters have? They'll obviously change the schedule to something probably not seen before to accommodate. How? Idk and don't get paid to figure it out but they must have a plan if those 2 are still in consideration at this point

These businesses are worth billions and don't just wake up and make decisions. No offense I'm pretty sure they thought about those locations more than you three put together. There's new markets to get money from, the NFL and NBA are gonna to figure how to do it and get the money. It's that simple, they're not gonna let y'all playing Flight Control get in the way of billions :mjlol:

There is a step between putting a city on a list and making a serious effort to put a team there.

The logistics required to put a team in Paris just don’t make sense. Logistics is literally my job. I’ve been coordinating international flight routes for longer than this site has existed. Any schedule created to accommodate a team in Paris at a minimum must either compromise the home schedule of every other NBA team or extend the season to account for days off for any team traveling to and from Paris.

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
I dont know if Las Vegas can support two professional winter sports teams at the same time. The NBA/NHL run the same schedule. And the Raiders (NFL )and the Athletics (MLB) MOVED to Vegas too. The NHL was actually the first "big four" (the four biggest sports leagues in north america: nba, nfl, mlb , nhl) professional sports league to move into the untapped Vegas market in october 2017, and the locals embraced the expansion vegas golden knights immediately. In six seasons they went to the scf 2 times( they advanced to the finals in their first year in vegas ( but lost)and are one win away from their first stanley cup championship this year) they also went to the WCF 4 times in 6 years too. They came in first and had a lot of success from the gate. A Vegas NBA team needs to do the same if they want to grow and build a fanbase. I know folks in vegas love their college basketball( UNLV rebels) and the sport of basketball is popular on the grassroots level (a lot of people play it as their sport of choice) but i wonder if these college ball fans would crossover to the nba.
an NBA expansion team would succeed in Vegas almost as well as the Golden Knights have... Vegas has always been a basketball city.... maybe because of our weather or UNLV's success in the 70's - 90's...most people here are Laker fans but If a homegrown team comes here season tickets will sellout ...the city can handle 4 major sports....it's a destination city where folks will fly out to watch their team play...not to many cities can depend on that dynamic like Vegas

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
an NBA expansion team would succeed in Vegas almost as well as the Golden Knights have... Vegas has always been a basketball city.... maybe because of our weather or UNLV's success in the 70's - 90's...most people here are Laker fans but If a homegrown team comes here season tickets will sellout ...the city can handle 4 major sports....it's a destination city where folks will fly out to watch their team play...not to many cities can depend on that dynamic like Vegas
you just described one of the obstacles. It'll be the Chargers in SoFi when the Lakers come to town.

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
you just described one of the obstacles. It'll be the Chargers in SoFi when the Lakers come to town.
That's true.. the chargers are the away team at home in almost every game tho ...I don't see the same thing with a new Vegas team... hopefully LeBron comes in with a plan to win from the jump and get the local fan base excited

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's wrong with Paris? The French love basketball probably more than Americans overall. They played in Mexico City earlier this season so they must like the numbers

Neither one seems that crazy because money talks. Whether it's the NFL or NBA there's gonna be a pro team in Europe in the next decade
i'll put it to you this way. if the Lakers had a game in France then Scottie Pippen Jr, Max Christie, Shaquille Harrison, Cole Swider, and Tristan Thompson would be starting the next few games and playing all 48 minutes.

:heh:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I dont know if Las Vegas can support two professional winter sports teams at the same time. The NBA/NHL run the same schedule. And the Raiders (NFL )and the Athletics (MLB) MOVED to Vegas too. The NHL was actually the first "big four" (the four biggest sports leagues in north america: nba, nfl, mlb , nhl) professional sports league to move into the untapped Vegas market in october 2017, and the locals embraced the expansion vegas golden knights immediately. In six seasons they went to the scf 2 times( they advanced to the finals in their first year in vegas ( but lost)and are one win away from their first stanley cup championship this year) they also went to the WCF 4 times in 6 years too. They came in first and had a lot of success from the gate. A Vegas NBA team needs to do the same if they want to grow and build a fanbase. I know folks in vegas love their college basketball( UNLV rebels) and the sport of basketball is popular on the grassroots level (a lot of people play it as their sport of choice) but i wonder if these college ball fans would crossover to the nba.
As a guy who follows the Mountain West Conference via Fresno State, UNLV basketball and football is ghost town status in Vegas. Has been for years but an NBA team should do really well there. I can even see it even becoming a glamor franchise instantly. Only thing I don't see working in Vegas is MLB and the A's.

Seattle and Vegas should get the nods but Mexico City is a dark horse. Its definitely between those three cities.