Rumor: NBA Expansion?

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Logistically they are closer to Western Conference teams than the two others.
Are you sure?

Ix20xPu.jpg

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Memphis and New Orleans should be the move.

Neither city is even remotely West Coast.

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Minnesota is closer to Milwaukee, Chicago, Indiana, Detroit & Cleveland than it is to any West teams and those are their cities rivals in other sports. To me it makes the most sense
Look where Minnesota is in comparison to where Memphis and New Orleans is. Based on geography Minnesota stays in the west. It comes down to either Memphis or New Orleans. My pick is New Orleans due to the Grizz having more history in the west.

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
That doesn't make the point you think it does. It literally shows Louisiana bordering a state with 3 western conference NBA teams.

Tennessee is bordering two states with Eastern Conference teams.
The Grizzlies play on the other end of their state. OKC is on the other side. Same difference between Nola and Houston

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Look where Minnesota is in comparison to where Memphis and New Orleans is. Based on geography Minnesota stays in the west. It comes down to either Memphis or New Orleans. My pick is New Orleans due to the Grizz having more history in the west.
It’s not about geography. It never was. It’s about logistics. Putting Minny in the East would probably save the franchise millions on air travel each year alone.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yes they’re closer to the East coast but they’re also much closer to other West teams

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
NBA got too many teams already :francis:

Also still kinda weird to me how players wanted no part of Vancouver, given the selection of weed and white women :mjgrin:
Weed wasn't legal in Canada back then.

The Grizzlies failed in Vancouver because they were really bad and had no franchise player.

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
It’s not about geography. It never was. It’s about logistics. Putting Minny in the East would probably save the franchise millions on air travel each year alone.
That’s a fair point but that would also apply to Memphis and New Orleans too.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO