Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How lit would this kind of news be if it were about Disney+ and Hulu merging everything into one app.

:ahh:

:mjcry:

Disney just now putting rated R movies and mature shows on +... Baby steps

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
As a shareholder.. Disney hasn't been in a good place AT ALL... They are down 35% for 2022. They are the worst performer in the whole Dow Jones. Streaming gave them a boost and as soon as investors saw the growth start to slow.. that was it.. Then you tie in their mess with the state of Florida and there's a lot of issues to get through.
Bruh, I’m a shareholder too. Disney is being hit like a lot of companies this year, their share price is not an indication of their day to day operations being in trouble, nor is it investors pulling out over some fears about them. They are still a strong buy. AMZN down 15%, salesforce down 25%, etc. whole bunch of strong companies who don’t have any long term reasons to be worried getting beat down by the current macroeconomic environment. Disney’s share price is not the end all be all of this company and there is still much more room for their parks, cruise and movie division to grow back to pre covid levels.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Do you realize what you just wrote? In an all time cataclysmic world event that stopped all life, Disney finally took and hit, yet still came out strong due to streaming. You think Disney who has parks, cruises, film, streaming, sports/tv, and a strong licensing division is gonna be in that position again outside of world war breaking out with battles on US soil?
Facts, no doubt it definitely took an all time event to make them bleed out but you finally seen the exposal at a seemingly armor plated goliath who's only saving grace during that time, out of everything they owned, was Baby Yoda and Hamilton. I take it they're way more prepared if something were to happen again. I was just responding to Glove who said you need to have multiple sticks in the fire outside of streaming to survive when that almost buried the king of acquisitions Disney

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Bruh, I’m a shareholder too. Disney is being hit like a lot of companies this year, their share price is not an indication of their day to day operations being in trouble, nor is it investors pulling out over some fears about them. They are still a strong buy. AMZN down 15%, salesforce down 25%, etc. whole bunch of strong companies who don’t have any long term reasons to be worried getting beat down by the current macroeconomic environment. Disney’s share price is not the end all be all of this company and there is still much more room for their parks, cruise and movie division to grow back to pre covid levels.

How is it not indicative of the company as a whole when they are the 'worst' performer? They have more issues than Amazon.. You are comparing a $100B company to a $2T company... lets be serious here..

There's plenty of companies that are bright green right now.. while Dis is at the bottom. Streaming numbers dry up and Wall Street abandoned ship. They need to turn that around. And i'm not saying they won't.. i hope they do.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Facts, no doubt it definitely took an all time event to make them bleed out but you finally seen the exposal at a seemingly armor plated goliath who's only saving grace during that time, out of everything the owned, was Baby Yoda and Hamilton. I take it they're way more prepared if something were to happen again. I was just responding to Glove who said you need to have multiple sticks in the fire outside of streaming to survive when that almost buried the king of acquisitions Disney
I agree with him. Netflix’s only saving grace is it’s first mover advantage and that for some reason it gets lumped in with tech instead of media. Their balance sheet and valuation would look…well like it’s looking this year…if they were correctly categorized as a media company. Their share price benefits from tech multiples which allows them to have more cash on hand, but more people are seeing they are not the same as high growth high margin SaaS and advertising companies.

Re: first mover advantage, that only gets you so far in an industry where studios are pulling content for their own platform or are licensing shows to multiple platforms so you’re no longer the only place to view it. It’s the total opposite of music streaming where all the labels are on all the platforms so there’s no reason to switch from a first mover like Spotify or native app like Apple.

A lot of y’all are content about Netflix’s position because of the subscriber lead they have, but that doesn’t futureproof your business. Facebook had that same lead (esp with IG under their umbrella) yet YouTube and TikTok have them sweating bullets cuz they have effectively lost the next generation of users. Netflix is feeling the pain too, otherwise they wouldn’t be laying off masses of employees, freezing hiring and pay. They only win in this game if studios/networks decide it’s too costly to keep supplying these standalone apps and go back to putting shyt on Netflix. For Netflix, growth has plateaued and will likely decline and more and more this company is going to be seen as a media company which will annihilate its balance sheet.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I listed Disney because they have a specific niche and target that they stay true to that none of their competition can beat them at.

Apple or Amazon could buy them and it'd be chump change to them. You can't compare a $100B company to a $2T behemoth. We don't know how serious they want to enter the entertainment space.

So far Apple has only tried to be HBO Lite. Maybe they are happy with prestige and Hollywood dinner parties. But they are committed to spending billions.

Amazon on the other hand has already bought a motion picture studio (MGM) and they spent $500M on a Lord of the Rings show that has zero hype. They are just throwing money around but no direction yet.

i'd prefer Disney.. WB/HBO.. Paramount...etc. to cont. to be the leaders of the entertainment space but it's too early to tell and they all have problems.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
How is it not indicative of the company as a whole when they are the 'worst' performer? They have more issues than Amazon.. You are comparing a $100B company to a $2T company... lets be serious here..

There's plenty of companies that are bright green right now.. while Dis is at the bottom. Streaming numbers dry up and Wall Street abandoned ship. They need to turn that around. And i'm not saying they won't.. i hope they do.

There is no sense in just comparing market caps, you know that, they are different businesses and as far as media, the business Disney is in, not tech - AMZN (which is being propped up by its true high margin high growth product - AWS) - Disney is a king and not going anywhere. Wall Street didn’t abandon it when literally all of this year at worse a handful of analysts had it as a hold while every other analyst have it as a buy - strong buy. You’re really using and unwarranted stock meltdown in a climate where many of the strongest companies across sectors are down as evidence Disney is doomed?

I’m good :hubie: sell your shares now then :sas2:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I agree with him. Netflix’s only saving grace is it’s first move advantage and that for some reason it gets pumped in with tech instead of media. Their balance sheet and valuation would look…well like it’s looking this year…if they were correctly categorized as a media company. Their share price benefits from tech multiples which allows them to have more cash on hand, but more people are seeing they are not the same as high growth high margin SaaS and advertising companies.

Re: first mover advantage, that only gets you so far in an industry where studios are pulling content for their own platform or are licensing shows to multiple platforms so you’re no longer the only place to view it. It’s the total opposite of music streaming where all the labels are on all the platforms so there’s no reason to switch from a first mover like Spotify or native app like Apple.

A lot of y’all are content about Netflix’s position because of the subscriber lead they have, but that doesn’t futureproof your business. Facebook had that same lead (esp with IG under their umbrella) yet YouTube and TikTok have them sweating bullets cuz they have effectively lost the next generation of users. Netflix is feeling the pain too, otherwise they would be laying off masses of employees, freezing hiring and pay. They only win in this game if studios/networks decide it’s too costly to keep supplying these standalone apps and go back to putting shyt on Netflix. For Netflix, growth has plateaued and will likely decline and more and more this company is going to be seen as a media company which will annihilate its balance sheet.

You see it with Netflix.. you don't see how Disney is now live and die as a streamer? That's how Wall Street views them now. The parks are not viewed as a fool proof asset. Disney gained so much traction in recent years because of the streamer and the second the growth slowed Wall Street labeled them as a hard pass. The issues with the state of Florida just made the parks even more of a albatross. Wall Street wants Disney to not just be 'a streamer' they want them to be the leader.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Neckbeards clamoring for Disney to buy WB/DC :hhh:

As if they didn't destroy Fox and turn them into a Hulu streaming only company. Damn shame. Prey should be on the big screen. But hey you're getting a Fantastic 4 movie over 5 years after the purchase and maybe x-men a year or 2 after that :francis: