Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
:dead: @ whatever exec approved shark week and 90 day fiancé sitting side by side with GOT, Batman, Superman and Harry Potter. As well as fixer upper and property brothers in the same sentence with friends, Big Bang and SATC

This is delusional and shows absolutely no value for quality content. Just wow

I mean I feel you, but it's not delusional it's practical. We look at these places as places that give us the "art" we love but in reality they make content. The people who make the films and shows are the people who are making art, but the people who pay for it are just paying for content and all they want is to recoup and profit.

So in a financial sense, they're all just buckets to them. If the 90 Day Fiance bucket is as heavy as the GoT bucket, it makes sense why they'd look at both of those buckets as equally as valuable and put them next to each other.

And this was an earnings call, so...
SiMtlGu.gif

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Ole cut the cord brehs. Y'all paying mad paper for all these subs just to see some shows. How is that working out for y'all? My big brother mad pissed cause he ain't saving no paper. I'm laughing cause my direct TV and my Verizon FiOS is easy. I pay it and keep it pushing.
The streaming carousel is crazy but I also don’t find myself clamoring to go back to cable or DirecTV anytime soon. :heh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is insulting and really does push people back to cable or at best cord cutters bout to hop back on things like sling, YouTube TV and/oe Hulu where I can get all your junk programming for $12-60, with an occasional sub to Apple, hbo proper, and Disney+ for their premium content.
You have to watch ads/commercials when you view HGTV on those services.

If you watch a ton of those shows on those channels on Discovery+ you get em ad-free and for much cheaper.
:takedat:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When the dust settles... Its going to be Amazon, Apple and Disney.

We will have to see what happens with this Netflix/Microsoft partnership also because that may be how Microsoft gets into the game long-term.

Basically, if you're only a streaming service without any other sources for revenue like the companies above, you're not going to last imo and there is a race for building up exclusive IP/content among the elite... One of them will surely buy Warner to bolster up their service.

In this case, consolidation isn't even a bad thing IMO

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

We will have to see what happens with this Netflix/Microsoft partnership also because that may my how Microsoft gets into the game long-term.

Basically, if you're only a streaming service without any other sources for revenue like the companies above, you're not going to last imo and there is a race for building up exclusive IP/content among the elite... One of them will surely buy Warner to bolster up their service.

Covid/2020 almost crushed Disney though. Couldn't release their movies because theaters were closed. Their amusement parks were closed. No sports were being played so ESPN/ABC was in hot water. Disney+ was just grunge of the ground, etc. All their side shyt and revenue nosedive. They're not Teflon status in any of this

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

We will have to see what happens with this Netflix/Microsoft partnership also because that may my how Microsoft gets into the game long-term.

Disney has a cap of $100B. The other two have a cap of 2 trillion :dead: One is not the other...

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Covid/2020 almost crushed Disney though. Couldn't release their movies because theaters were closed. Their amusement parks were closed. No sports were being played so ESPN/ABC was in hot water. Disney+ was just grunge of the ground, etc. All their side shyt and revenue nosedive. They're not Teflon status in any of this
Do you realize what you just wrote? In an all time cataclysmic world event that stopped all life, Disney finally took and hit, yet still came out strong due to streaming. You think Disney who has parks, cruises, film, streaming, sports/tv, and a strong licensing division is gonna be in that position again outside of world war breaking out with battles on US soil?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Disney has a cap of $100B. The other two have a cap of 2 trillion :dead: One is not the other...
Ok remove Disney then

:yeshrug:
Their niche and target demographic doesn't matter right?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Do you realize what you just wrote? In an all time cataclysmic world event that stopped all life, Disney finally took and hit, yet still came out strong due to streaming. You think Disney who has parks, cruises, film, streaming, sports/tv, and a strong licensing division is gonna be in that position again outside of world war breaking out with battles on US soil?

As a shareholder.. Disney hasn't been in a good place AT ALL... They are down 35% for 2022. They are the worst performer in the whole Dow Jones. Streaming gave them a boost and as soon as investors saw the growth start to slow.. that was it.. Then you tie in their mess with the state of Florida and there's a lot of issues to get through.