Rumor - Apple may cancel the iPhone X this summer

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
:what:

What a National Enquireresque thread title

They are comin with the new improved model that will replace the X

Come on man
Link? Because unless you're talking about a yearly phone release, this information does not bode well for Apple.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
There's literally 3 different iterations of the "X" coming next year. It's no different then "slim" versions of the consoles.

The headphone port is never coming back.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
The phone is fire y’all. Just copped yesterday

:scust:
I though you were apart of the Samsung family breh. :pachaha:

And I know you mentioned that you were interested in a quality camera but the Galaxy S9 is right around the cornerwhich will have the best Camera of any smart phone when released.

Did Samsung just share its Galaxy S9 camera tech?

"As we draw closer to Samsung's unveiling of the Galaxy S9 next month we're hearing all sorts of rumors about the features coming to the phone's camera, including super slow-motion video. But this time we're getting details from a pretty credible source: Samsung itself.

Samsung's semiconductor branch published a webpage detailing several new phone camera sensors. Although Samsung Mobile (the people behind your favorite Galaxy phones) is a separate division to Samsung Semiconductor, it often sources its phone tech from the semiconductor unit -- just like how it gets those fancy AMOLED screens from Samsung Display. So while it hasn't been officially confirmed that the Galaxy S9 will get these camera sensors, there's a good chance.

$

Galaxy Note 8 was the brand's first phone to debut with two real lenses. Apple not only made dual cameras popular, its iPhone X also introduced new portrait lighting effects for both front and rear cameras. Samsung will have to match features if it wants to keep its photo reputation afloat. Rumors point to two rear lenses on the Galaxy S9 Plus.

The new camera sensors all fall under Samsung's Isocell line and specialize in different things. One sensor (Isocell Fast) boasts faster autofocus abilities that help it hone in on fast-moving subjects, even in dim light. This technology allows for super detailed slow-motion video recording with 1080p resolution at 480 frames per second -- which means the video should be both crisp and buttery smooth. This slo-mo video capability is much more advanced than the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8, which feature slo-mo recording with 720p at 240fps.

A different sensor (Isocell Dual) is designed for dual-camera phones and does things that solo cameras struggle with. It has an optical zoom feature to get close to faraway subjects, low-light shooting for clearer pictures in dark settings, and depth sensing for out-of-focus effects. The latter results in those clear subject, blurred background effects you can achieve on the Galaxy Note 8 and the iPhone X's Portrait Mode.

Other phones boast unique camera-specific features -- like the Sony Xperia XZ Premium, which shoots super slo-mo video at 960fps -- that leave Samsung's camera features in the dust. Of course, both dual-camera and super slow-mo functions are supported by Samsung's new Isocell camera sensors; we're hoping they're fully implemented on the S9 phones.
  • Tetracell technology that merges four pixels into one big pixel for improved light sensitivity in low-light settings
  • Smart WDR feature that uses multiple exposures in a single shot to provide greater detail for light and dark areas
  • 3-stack Fast Readout Sensor for high speed captures in full HD video
  • A super thin 0.9-micrometer pixel sensor to achieve high resolution in slim phone designs

Did Samsung just out these Galaxy S9 camera features?

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
:mjlol: that’s like comparing a Toyota to a BMW. Delusional ass android users lol.

As for the topic, I the people have spoken. I phone users pay a premium for our experience and If we aren’t pleased with a certain feature we show it with our wallets. China just did it and we’re getting new designs.

What an idiotic comparison :snoop:

Toyotas make some of the best cars out there. Not only that, BMW and Toyota are teaming up to make new Supra/Z4.

And downplaying the Galaxy lineup with the current generation of iPhones is dumb too :snoop:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
:scust: I though you were apart of the Samsung family breh. And I know you mentioned that you were interested in a quality camera but the Galaxy S9 is right around the corner
which will have the best Camera of any smart phone when released.

Did Samsung just share its Galaxy S9 camera tech?

"As we draw closer to Samsung's unveiling of the Galaxy S9 next month we're hearing all sorts of rumors about the features coming to the phone's camera, including super slow-motion video. But this time we're getting details from a pretty credible source: Samsung itself.

Samsung's semiconductor branch published a webpage detailing several new phone camera sensors. Although Samsung Mobile (the people behind your favorite Galaxy phones) is a separate division to Samsung Semiconductor, it often sources its phone tech from the semiconductor unit -- just like how it gets those fancy AMOLED screens from Samsung Display. So while it hasn't been officially confirmed that the Galaxy S9 will get these camera sensors, there's a good chance.

$

Galaxy Note 8 was the brand's first phone to debut with two real lenses. Apple not only made dual cameras popular, its iPhone X also introduced new portrait lighting effects for both front and rear cameras. Samsung will have to match features if it wants to keep its photo reputation afloat. Rumors point to two rear lenses on the Galaxy S9 Plus.

The new camera sensors all fall under Samsung's Isocell line and specialize in different things. One sensor (Isocell Fast) boasts faster autofocus abilities that help it hone in on fast-moving subjects, even in dim light. This technology allows for super detailed slow-motion video recording with 1080p resolution at 480 frames per second -- which means the video should be both crisp and buttery smooth. This slo-mo video capability is much more advanced than the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8, which feature slo-mo recording with 720p at 240fps.

A different sensor (Isocell Dual) is designed for dual-camera phones and does things that solo cameras struggle with. It has an optical zoom feature to get close to faraway subjects, low-light shooting for clearer pictures in dark settings, and depth sensing for out-of-focus effects. The latter results in those clear subject, blurred background effects you can achieve on the Galaxy Note 8 and the iPhone X's Portrait Mode.

Other phones boast unique camera-specific features -- like the Sony Xperia XZ Premium, which shoots super slo-mo video at 960fps -- that leave Samsung's camera features in the dust. Of course, both dual-camera and super slow-mo functions are supported by Samsung's new Isocell camera sensors; we're hoping they're fully implemented on the S9 phones.
  • Tetracell technology that merges four pixels into one big pixel for improved light sensitivity in low-light settings
  • Smart WDR feature that uses multiple exposures in a single shot to provide greater detail for light and dark areas
  • 3-stack Fast Readout Sensor for high speed captures in full HD video
  • A super thin 0.9-micrometer pixel sensor to achieve high resolution in slim phone designs

Did Samsung just out these Galaxy S9 camera features?
I dont fukk with Samsung brehs. Last one i had was an S7 edge and it ran like garbage.

Im currently rocking the LG V30 and the Iphone X. The V30 tends to lock up too often, but when its working its a great phone.

Plus the front facing camera on the V30 is pure shyt.

The Iphone X i've had for a few days now. While the phone is admittedly overpriced, the phone is EXTREMELY well made and runs like a dream. Reminds me of the very first Iphone in many ways honestly.

I'm really liking the Iphone X so far. Its way too overpriced and may not be worth it over the Iphone 8 to most users though.

But if you can afford the X, definitely give it a look. You wont regret it.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I love my X. shyt just so fluid. It’s well worth the price for me. Definitely if the 8 plus is retailing at 800. Its well worth the 200$ difference imo
This

If you buy an 8 you're pouring jelly on yourself

Samsung phones have trash interfaces

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
There's literally 3 different iterations of the "X" coming next year. It's no different then "slim" versions of the consoles.

The headphone port is never coming back.
So...you're saying that the iPhone that was made referencing the 10th anniversary of the creation of he iPhone, will be updated a year from now? When the OG iPhone will be 12 years old? Unless you're an Apple insider I'm gonna say that's hard to believe. And iPhone production doesn't stop until AFTER the next phone is released and even then it continues for months. They botched the X, and there's really no way around it.
This

If you buy an 8 you're pouring jelly on yourself

Samsung phones have trash interfaces
Can you explain why the 8 is supposed to be the worse phone in this situation? The have the same power and the screen on the X is not leaps and bounds ahead of the 8 imo.

I agree on the second part though. Only android worth buying is the Pixel. Touchwiz is garbage.