Royce Young on Kevin Durant's departure

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
So now Durant is a role player? :what:

Even with all the talent GS has he'll still be the best player on that team.
Depends on how they use him. Is GS gonna rehaul their offense to accomodate Kevin? Remember 9 straight years of iso ball in OKC is all he knows. Most people seem to think he's just gonna be a massive upgrade in their system for Harrison Barnes, which if they do that yeah they'll be really good...but it basically amounts to KD gettin his Kevin Love on standing around the perimeter w the occassional play ran for him to get a bucket. I dont see how his production doesnt take a huge hit while trying to acclimate himself to their system, again unless they change their whole system to focus more on him...

I mean I think Durant is instantly the best player on that team but the entire world just spent the better part of two years claiming Steph was the best player before Lebron hit the wolrd with that king-sized reality check...Durant didnt even get a mention from most.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Durant always said the right things but the more you go back and analyze it, its likely he was just saying what people wanted to hear.

There's also a lot of old signs of his beta mentality that I just kinda wrote off or thought he was joking. I remember after he won MVP he was on Jimmy Fallon talking about playing 2K. Fallon asks what its like playing as himself in a video game and Durant goes "Nah I dont play as myself, thats too cocky." :what: Fallon goes "what are you talking about, who do you play as if its not yourself?" Durant tries to say "Idk just different people" before finally looking down with a defeated sigh and admitting "Aight I use Lebron"

:mjlol:
You made that up right?:pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
durant made that fakkit writer relevant and he made the city of okc relevant, he doesnt owe them nikkas shyt and they act like he spent his whole career in that shyt hole, he was drafted by fukking seattle and was forced to relocate.. it wasnt no "9 whole years in 1 city".. the people of okc should be privileged they even have a team let alone have been lucky enough to witness superstars like kd and westbrook for the past 8 years, for as much things kd did for that city beyond basketball they should praise him and support him for whatever decision he decided to make regardless of anything

nikka just salty cuz like people noted in this thread earlier, he is about to become super irrelevant, he better milk the westbrook trade situation for as much as he can cuz once he's gone nikka gonna be utah jazz beat writer status

charknicks

All Star
Daps
I heard on one talk show a theory that makes some sense.

With all these articles saying 'inner circle', that means Nike. Its possible that Nike wants/ suggested Durant to head out to Golden State to squash some of this Steph Curry/ Under Armour momentum going on right now. Nike wants to cut into that market share that Curry is racking up in the Bay Area.

Doesnt make sense for his family to talk him out of Oklahoma City, at least not for this year. I think that has some weight to it with the 'inner circle' talk.