Royce Young on Kevin Durant's departure

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Durant had spent the past nine years telling everyone, both publicly and privately, that he was wholly committed to the Thunder. He was angered by former teammate Reggie Jackson wanting a trade. "I never liked guys that didn't want to be here," Durant said.

He never held a grudge about the franchise trading James Harden, instead asking, "All over five mil?" not even 10 minutes after the deal went down. Durant took it personally that someone didn't want to remain part of what he and the franchise were building.

:mjlol:

:russ:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Durant always said the right things but the more you go back and analyze it, its likely he was just saying what people wanted to hear.

There's also a lot of old signs of his beta mentality that I just kinda wrote off or thought he was joking. I remember after he won MVP he was on Jimmy Fallon talking about playing 2K. Fallon asks what its like playing as himself in a video game and Durant goes "Nah I dont play as myself, thats too cocky." :what: Fallon goes "what are you talking about, who do you play as if its not yourself?" Durant tries to say "Idk just different people" before finally looking down with a defeated sigh and admitting "Aight I use Lebron"

:mjlol:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think lost in all of this is how much corporations and brands influence the decisions these guys make. This shyt is all about money at the end of the day. I'm surprised people are still enamored with these little kid narratives woven by sports "journalists."

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
That sounds like a dope way to leave anywhere.

Hop off that bytch like

bobby-brown-thug-lovin.gif
Obligatory "and I know you're getting booooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrreed" post :yes: