Royce Young on Kevin Durant's departure

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Professional athletes say things, though, and as those close to Durant often say, he has a bad habit of telling people what he thinks they want to hear.

:russ:

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
When the Thunder fired Scott Brooks last summer -- a move Durant was in favor of -- he talked to friends about wanting a coach who would change the team stylistically.

What're the odds are that EG and Ted were aware of this? :snoop:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Durant should have signed with the spurs but he couldnt handle the coaching Pop would give him, he likes those soft coaches

Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
Privately, Durant was annoyed with a perceived media infatuation with the Warriors and Curry. He joked about how the Warriors were suddenly the "poster child" for the league. He expressed angst to friends about how they could seemingly do no wrong. He had come off a season from hell - three surgeries on his foot in the wake of his triumphant MVP, an award he desperately wanted. He was supposed to be Curry -- the aw-shucks golden child who plowed his way through the league and dethroned LeBron James. Instead, he was in a boot watching Curry win an MVP and a championship.

His star had fallen, something that bugged him. He had said he was tired of being second. He thought he had affirmed his place in the league, but he was slipping from the conversation.

"If you talked about the best players," Durant said at the end of the regular season," my name, still today, is still not in that conversation. And I feel as though I went out there and proved it to you, you know what I mean?"

KD sounds insecure as hell. Warriors are gonna have to stroke this dude's ego along the way or he'll end becoming a liability. Anything short of a title and the media is gonna have a field day.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KD sounds insecure as hell. Warriors are gonna have to stroke this dude's ego along the way or he'll end becoming a liability. Anything short of a title and the media is gonna have a field day.

which is why he should have went to the spurs, played with Kawhi and LMA and coached by Pop,