Roughly 1 in 5 Black children in the US under 5 are mixed per CDC data; varies regionally

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I have no idea what you're talking about. It could be something you made up, but it definitely appears completely irrelevant to the thread and an attempt to deflect.

If you have a point to make, then you show the data you're talking about and explain your point. So far it looks like you don't want to deal with the data in the OP because it doesn't fit your agenda.

just a simple question.

FrnqIsDX0AwSwYm

So part of this is due to data collection. If the mother lists her race--and the vast majority do. It counts.

However, the mother has to list the father's race too. You never have a birth cert with the father's race without the mother's race. You often have one with only the mother's race, especially if paternity is uncertain or she doesn't want his info on the birth cert.

So the births to women will always be larger.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Birth certificates list the ethnicity of the parents? :gucci:

I mean, it's been a while since I looked at mine, so maybe you know something I don't... but I don't remember seeing my dad listed as black on my birth certificate.
They got enhanced in 2016 so since then a lot of stuff is recorded like race and education. It is in the system but not necessarily on the cert.

Magic Mulatto

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. . .
Daps
I just hope that my discernibly mixed-race brethren can eventually come together and forge our own path, identity, and culture…

At some point in our lives, we really need to move away from and leave Black-presenting and White-presenting peoples alone…

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Where did you get that? Immigrant Blacks are only like 10%, mixed even less
Census data. Make a thread about it and tag me

Among Black or African American respondents, African American was the largest detailed group, with 22.1 million people reporting African American alone and 24.6 million reporting African American alone or in any combination

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
So part of this is due to data collection. If the mother lists her race--and the vast majority do. It counts.

However, the mother has to list the father's race too. You never have a birth cert with the father's race without the mother's race. You often have one with only the mother's race, especially if paternity is uncertain or she doesn't want his info on the birth cert.

So the births to women will always be larger.

I believe this particular study is from interviews. Women of all races reported more children than men. The study said they couldn’t explain it, but it that it could be because the cut off age was 49 and men may continue to have children later with younger women.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr179.pdf

Daps
They got enhanced in 2016 so since then a lot of stuff is recorded like race and education. It is in the system but not necessarily on the cert.

I need proof on this other than your hot take. Breh respectfully. From what I can see, all you've been doing in this thread is claiming that you're basing your info on information that only you have access to. You claim to have done studies before. What studies do you know of that don't provide direct sources to where they are getting their information?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
I need proof on this other than your hot take. Breh respectfully. From what I can see, all you've been doing in this thread is claiming that you're basing your info on information that only you have access to. You claim to have done studies before. What studies do you know of that don't provide direct sources to where they are getting their information?

@Suge Shot Me and I post about these datasets a good bit on here. I don't have a query string to give you but can summarize the data flags chosen.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
It also debunks the myth that the south is the most loyal to black. I always knew that was a myth cause I always see black dudes dating out in large numbers in The Carolinas, Virginia and Texas.
Black-Regional-Population-Distribution-by-Region.png

The south is the blackest region of all. The south is also home to the Gullah Geechee. The Gullah Geeche lived in isolated regions apart from the mainland that kept their DNA.

You have folks with literally 90-98% African DNA out here

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
It also debunks the myth that the south is the most loyal to black. I always knew that was a myth cause I always see black dudes dating out in large numbers in The Carolinas, Virginia and Texas.

No, this is proving that non-ADOS people outside of southern states are having kids with cacs.

The only place where this not true is probably in California, Nevada, and Arizona.

In those places it is ADOS people most likely having a higher proportion of mixed kids than immigrant descendants