Roughly 1 in 5 Black children in the US under 5 are mixed per CDC data; varies regionally

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Before reading your post it's pretty obvious that most of the mixed kids are in the West.
It also debunks the myth that the south is the most loyal to black. I always knew that was a myth cause I always see black dudes dating out in large numbers in The Carolinas, Virginia and Texas.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I live in one of the blackest regions in the US. Mixed children are almost nonexistent here.

You also forget that black people are naturally suspicious of polls and questions like these. At least half the community or more aren't responding to data inquiries, so your data is always going to be skewed.

This is called non-response bias. It’s generally a concern in polling/surveys. Now I haven’t looked at the data set, but given it’s the CDC I’m going to assume it’s nationally representative (i.e., generalizable to the U.S. population because the odds of drawing a sample with these characteristics are sufficiently small). With that being said, one would need to implement some controls (e.g., education, income, geography, age, etc.) and we’d have to see what the statistical significance for covariates regarding alphas at .05, .01, and .001 to really speak to what’s happening. Maybe I’ll do it later if I have time.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Why are smaller percentages of each gender averaging to a larger percentage?

12% of Black men and 9% of Black women coming out to 15%?

Also, you skipped the Northeast. Are the numbers that insignificant?

:mjlol: Why are you even in a thread like this anyone you can’t get a bytch to even look at you

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
XJ1OdQN.gif

KGlock

All Star
Daps
I mean the U.S gonna be somewhat mixed like Brazil in <100 years but the difference is the one drop rule still applies heavy in the states. Or just how black/white you look, for instance Logic vs J Cole. My ass genuinely forgot that Cole gotta white mom, bruh look just like a typical light skinned nikka :mjlol:
However, them pigs don't care bout none of that. His mom could be the purest cac of royalty. They ain't finna give Cole the same grace they'd give Logic :yeshrug:

We know black genes are a dominant trait and even if you mad lightskinned, if you do some flagrant shyt you gonna get your ass blackballed or career heavily stunted, see Breezy.

The real issue will lie further down the line when wealthy folk have children and THEY marry into cac families and eventually reliquinsh wealth back into them cac families/communities. Already seeing that in a lot of older musicians and celebs that pawged.:unimpressed: