Roughly 1 in 5 Black children in the US under 5 are mixed per CDC data; varies regionally

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
You don't have to be super observational to notice this, you could just go off the eye test...

Its alway been more common and noticeable in certain pockets but its different when you even start seeing it pop up in heavily majority areas...

I think its a mix of a bunch of shxt...frfr a lot of it is just the natural progression of desegregation and living in a growing multi-cultural society in general, plus people are less concentrated and more willing to move around for work and cheaper living...

The personal reasons is a whole different discussion though...

Last edited:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I live in one of the blackest regions in the US. Mixed children are almost nonexistent here.

You also forget that black people are naturally suspicious of polls and questions like these. At least half the community or more aren't responding to data inquiries, so your data is always going to be skewed.
Not polls. Birth certificate data and is pretty comprehensive.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Continued

New Mexico78.05%
Wyoming76.09%
Arizona73.99%
Kentucky73.90%
Maryland72.87%
Alaska72.47%
Montana69.84%
New Jersey69.34%
Florida68.04%
Connecticut64.41%
Nebraska62.83%
New York62.22%
Colorado61.93%
Oregon58.18%
Iowa53.85%
Rhode Island52.87%
Washington48.56%
Massachusetts38.61%
Utah38.58%
Minnesota34.07%
Vermont31.03%
North Dakota30.09%
New Hampshire29.59%
Idaho29.20%
South Dakota26.52%
Maine14.31%
Maine is low bc of the large Somali population in Lewiston, biggest Black community in the state. But a great point with these numbers.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Now before you yell "Brazil here we come" there are aspects to account for since it varies a lot by region and the percent of kids born is not the same as the percent of Black men or women in IR couples with children for statistical reasons including fertility etc.

In summary per birth certificate data from CDC where the race of the mother and father are both listed, 19% of births (15% of births from Black men fathers and 9% of births from Black women mothers) were with a non-Black partner. Non-Black here means no Black ancestry, I include Black/mixed Black relationships in the numbers above.

This varies from a low of 15% of births in the South + Maryland (12% rate Black men, 9% rate Black women) to 27% of births west of the Mississippi excluding Texas & Louisiana which are considered the South (20% Black men rate and 8% Black woman rate). Midwest is at the average with 22% of births (18% for Black men and 6% for Black women). Northeast is between the South and Midwest at 18% of kids (14% for Black men, 6% for Black women). Again the rates for the parents and children do not match because of statistics reasons I won't dwell on here unless people want the details in another post.

Highest states include Oregon and Washington at around 45% of kids and states where there are basically no Black people (think Wyoming and Idaho) where the rate exceeds 50-60%.

Lowest states include DC (8%), Mississippi (9%), Georgia (11%), Louisiana and Maryland (12%) and New Jersey (16%).

Lowest states west of the Mississippi are California (which may surprise some people; same numbers as Ohio, lower than Kentucky) at roughly 1 in 4 (24%) and Nevada at roughly 1 in 5 (21%). Most the rest west of the Mississippi (excluding Texas and Louisiana) tend to hover around 1 in 3.

Mixed Black people have an even larger regional swing with who they get with. Nationally, mixed women have kids with Black men at a 50% rate, mixed men with Black women at a 21% rate. This ranges from Georgia where 70% of mixed women and 40% of mixed men have kids with Black people to Washington and Oregon where 28% of mixed women and 9% of mixed men have kids with Black folks. DC is the only place where mixed men get with Black women the majority of the time (52%). Mixed people get with each other at a 10% rate nationally.

--------

Why is this interesting? This will be the Black Americans (if they choose to affiliate with us and call themselves that) in their 20s in the late 2030s and 2040s. So basically rather than a national Brazil we will have places, like the South, Maryland, and parts of the northeast, which seem like they will maintain a relatively historically traditional Black community, though with a higher mixed representation, and where marriage/coupling patterns of mixed people indicate that they largely identify with the Black community in these areas.

On the flip side, outside of heavy Black areas out west like LA County, Alameda County & Contra Costa County in the Bay, North Las Vegas, and parts of Denver and Phoenix, the Black populations there are close to integrating. You will still have Black people all over the West but I am not sure that population will automatically be a "community" like it was in the past. Communities out there will be a small and intentional minded groups of local Black folks which may be a better or worse situation depending on your perspective.

Old school segregated communities in certain states with very low Black populations probably won't survive as we know them by next generation, especially since these states also tend to have a net out-migration of young Blacks.

Midwest is a toss up. I would guess people near major centers like Chicago or Detroit will tilt heavily Black for the foreseeable future, the suburbs will have a Black community with a lot of mixed people that may or may not identify with the Black community, and the rural areas may still be segregated but with a large mixed population.

@Suge Shot Me @Voice of Reason

Only half of the total Black population in the US is ADOS on both sides. Lots of mixing going on with other blacks, mostly, but whites as well, obviously

Daps
Not polls. Birth certificate data and is pretty comprehensive.

Birth certificates list the ethnicity of the parents? :gucci:

I mean, it's been a while since I looked at mine, so maybe you know something I don't... but I don't remember seeing my dad listed as black on my birth certificate.

ALMIGHTY GOD

Omnipotent. Omniscient. Omnipresent.
Daps
Reppin
all of creation
I have no idea what you're talking about. It could be something you made up, but it definitely appears completely irrelevant to the thread and an attempt to deflect.

If you have a point to make, then you show the data you're talking about and explain your point. So far it looks like you don't want to deal with the data in the OP because it doesn't fit your agenda.
just a simple question.

FrnqIsDX0AwSwYm