Roughly 1 in 5 Black children in the US under 5 are mixed per CDC data; varies regionally

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
According to the data from OP, it’s happening often (I don’t know what the starting point is)

Biracial men - getting with non black woman 80% of the time

Biracial woman - getting with non black man 50% of the time

The overwhelming majority are gonna turn white based on these numbers

Not all mixed people are black/white

are you expecting white/asian people to get with black people?

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
According to the data from OP, it’s happening often (I don’t know what the starting point is)

Biracial men - getting with non black woman 80% of the time

Biracial woman - getting with non black man 50% of the time

The overwhelming majority are gonna turn white based on these numbers
Admittedly, I’m not good at understanding or interpreting statistics, but I know plenty of biracial people who (good or bad, right or wrong) just put “black” on their forms and identify as fully black. My own mother does that.

So are we sure those numbers are even accurate? How were they gathered?

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
Not all mixed people are black/white

are you expecting white/asian people to get with black people?

Admittedly, I’m not good at understanding or interpreting statistics, but I know plenty of biracial people who (good or bad, right or wrong) just put “black” on their forms and identify as fully black. My own mother does that.

The options were more limited in the past but people now have the option of checking off multiple races. For example, this option has only been available since the year 2000 for the Census. And people have gotten more and more comfortable with identifying as such.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I was reading through the replies in this thread after I posted... This is a major L.

Thread needs to be deleted entirely... :snoop:

Negroes confused and superficial in 2023.

Societies are becoming more interconnected due to advances in technology, and with that, there will be an even greater rise in people of different backgrounds/phenotypes/etc... intermingling, marrying, and having kids.

The days of a strict homogenous group where everyone looks the same is over.
This isn't a bad thing either. Genetic diversity/variation is good. The more diverse, the more robust.

:manny:

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
The options were more limited in the past but people now have the option of checking off multiple races. For example, this option has only been available since the year 2000 for the Census. And people have gotten more and more comfortable with identifying as such.

You're missing the point.

Most people who are "mixed" might mark that on a form then go on to live as black or white people.

Mixed people who identify as mixed do not primarily procreate amongst each other nor do they create specific spaces and cultures for their mixed identities. Mixed people do not even share the same mixed identities.

Also what you said is a bit ahistorical. Ever heard of free people of color, boule, or creoles? All those people got assimilated but small subgroups of mixed people already tried to stay insular and it doesn't work.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was reading through the replies in this thread after I posted... This is a major L.

Thread needs to be deleted entirely... :snoop:

Negroes confused and superficial in 2023.

Societies are becoming more interconnected due to advances in technology, and with that, there will be an even greater rise in people of different backgrounds/phenotypes/etc... intermingling, marrying, and having kids.

The days of a strict homogenous group where everyone looks the same is over.
This isn't a bad thing either. Genetic diversity/variation is good. The more diverse, the more robust.

You sound confused

How is this possibly good for black people in America :dead:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

@DrBanneker

How was this data gathered? Are they asking people to report the race of both of their parents when they have a child?

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
You're missing the point.

Most people who are "mixed" might mark that on a form then go on to live as black or white people.

Mixed people who identify as mixed do not primarily procreate amongst each other nor do they create specific spaces and cultures for their mixed identities. Mixed people do not even share the same mixed identities.

Also what you said is a bit ahistorical. Ever heard of free people of color, boule, or creoles? All those people got assimilated but small subgroups of mixed people already tried to stay insular and it doesn't work.
I agree with your larger point about them not having enough homogeneity or numbers to form any real “community”. But people who are of mixed backgrounds don’t need to live their lives “black”, “white” or whatever. Live it as what you are. And that’s multi-racial, cultural, or nationality.

And a lot of creole and boule communities did try to separate themselves with things such as their own group economics and paper bag colorism. They assimilated into being “Black” when it was convenient for them and when they realized they were never going to assimilate into White. It was easier for them to be a higher caste in a minority group than a lower caste in the majority group.

Suge Shot Me

All Star
Supporter
Daps

The racial data is self-reported, so biracials parents can identify as just black (or white, native, Asian) if they want, or they can identify as 2 or more races. We can only guess how frequently biracial parents choose the former or the latter.

Last edited:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
You sound confused

How is this possibly good for black people in America :dead:

I am not confused. The only bad thing we deal with in America is white supremacy. Everything else is superficial and not important to be honest.

As for "Black". Blackness =/= skin tone/African.

Black is a concept born out of whiteness (also known as racism/white supremacy) and simply means, "non-white". That is why the 1-drop rule was important - to reinforce white hegemony. Race is just a class system by another name.

Clinging to it does damage to ADOS people. And once we get reparations in one form or another, we'll do away with it in America entirely because it positions us at the bottom.