Roughly 1 in 5 Black children in the US under 5 are mixed per CDC data; varies regionally

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
There really needs to be a “mixed culture” for everyone’s sake. And I do value both Blackness and my White side but I am neither Black nor White so I must move thru this world accordingly.

I have to accept the harsh reality that I cannot (and should not) turn to established groups of people where I would ultimately stand out amongst them. We will never be able to fully relate to one another.

Mixed-race men and mixed-race women should be linking up in order to foster healthy and nourishing relationships/communities that only we can provide for ourselves.

Props for acknowledging these facts.

Discernible/apparent mixed/biracial individuals whose parents differ drastically in phenotype should want to stand apart from those who are fortunate enough to be legitimately Black passing/presenting.

My form is further away from the original and yours is closer. We must acknowledge this also.

Blackness is an identity that should be adopted and embodied by those who actually look the part and are considered as such all of the time by everyone, regardless of admixture. It is not an identity or essence for those individuals like myself who are kinda, sorta, somewhat…but not really.

And that’s the thing, I want to change that standard. Being Black should strictly mean that both parents are also Black (again, regardless of admixture).

Phenotypic wholesomeness and its maintenance from one generation to the next should be the main goal…
:wow:
The problem with a "mixed" social class is, anecdotally, how you guys identify has extreme variance. A bunch of "mixed" people don't identify as "mixed" at all...

Question, my first BM is white-passing, like I said she got that Mariah shyt going. Based off what you just said, should she assimilate into white culture because she isn't discernibly black upon first glance?

You answer that based off how you truly feel---->but then the reality is that she hasn't adopted and assimilated into whiteness. There are certainly contrasts in being raised by a white woman and reared by a black woman, and as I mentioned earlier, there are signs in her being raised by a white woman (certain things she cooks and eats, her style). That is what it is, we all know there exists "full" black people who were reared in white households; therefore, being raised by a white woman isn't an exclusion from being black...

She was raised by a white woman but also has a much tighter relationship with her dad's family than her mom's, and the evidence of this is there in other things she cooks and enjoys. Her best friend is black, most of her social circle is black, her two children are with a black man and she has never dated anything but black men...

But she's white passing, she should identify as white? Or since she has a white parent, she should be like "im not actually white or black"? This is a biracial woman just like you, white parent/black parent, who would disagree with you pretty entirely on this topic. My second BM is also considered "mixed" by people who view Hispanics as their own race, she's pro-black than a muhfukka and she'd definitely disagree with you...

Your social circle, meaning the women you date, your homies, and family you're closest with, are mainly white, correct?
Yeah, this silly shyt needs to stop

We need to stop pretending that folks with European admixture from 5 or 6 generations ago is the same as somebody with an actual white parent :dead:

Nicca have a family reunion with nothing but black people playing like it’s the same as biracials
Just to clarify, that's not what I'm doing...

I don't value "mixed" as a legitimate descriptor of anyone since almost everybody black is mixed, so if we use the term "mixed" I use it based on how those mixed people live their lives and identify...

Patrick Mahomes is a white man. We know the schools he went to and where and how he was raised, he wasn't raised in black culture or society, and as an adult he doesn't live in black society nor does he date or mainly socialize black...

That's a man who has a black father but has been living white his entire life, and I'm cool with that. There is no "mixed people" foods unless we start talking about Hispanic cultures. There is no "mixed people styles", that everyone else borrows from or adopts. There is no mixed cultural anything because being mixed means you're an adaptation of multiple things--->and an orginator of virtually nothing...

But you cant live life as both black AND white, abd unlike Latin Americans, there is no cultural significance or cultural exports that derive from being "mixed". So my central point, I don't even use the phrase "mixed". Every black person descended from slaves in The West is "mixed", it's a non-issue that people have made an issue. I can acknowledge, that this person is biracial and has a nonblack parent, but that person is living their lifestyle either black or in the nonblack lineage they have, whether it's white or something else. Ain't nobody out here living "mixed"...

So me personally dog, I don't even bring up "mixed" when talking about someone who is black. My dad's mom was a Panther and from Havenscourt, East O. Yet we have a legion of nikkas on here who will say my grandma isn't black because her mom was white, just fukk the fact she had her kids with two black men, was a Panther, grew up in a historically black neighborhood, is an advocate for black causes in Sacramento, has black grandchildren, fukk all that...

I have 13 siblings, two of them have a white Mexican mother and one has a Filipina mother. My sister with the Mexican mom married and had kids with a white man, and her mom is white passing, so she's a white woman if I'm defining her. My sister with the Asian mom is with and has kids with a brother, and has lived in black spaces her whole life, she black. My brother with the Mexican mom had his son with a Mexican, but looks black, and identifies as black from when he was Upstate to out on the streets, says he's never been treated as a Mexican because he doesn't look Mexican...

People in this very thread say, you can't make black families or people if you don't come from two black people...

I'm Creole thru my mom's side, and anyone with anyone education on Creoles know it's just a mix of black and white folk from Louisiana...

I don't know bruh, my family and the way I was raised, I have no confusion on hat black is. I've never really been to a family reunion but at mine, wouldn't be no confusion on what BLACK means, and it doesn't mean you needed two black parents. It's all this other divisive shyt I have an issue with...

I do respect your point of view because as a brother I know we don't always have to agree on everything, black people have their own minds and perceptions. But I'll never agree with that line of thinking because in my family there was never any question of what "black" means...

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The problem with a "mixed" social class is, anecdotally, how you guys identify has extreme variance. A bunch of "mixed" people don't identify as "mixed" at all...

Question, my first BM is white-passing, like I said she got that Mariah shyt going. Based off what you just said, should she assimilate into white culture because she isn't discernibly black upon first glance?

You answer that based off how you truly feel---->but then the reality is that she hasn't adopted and assimilated into whiteness. There are certainly contrasts in being raised by a white woman and reared by a black woman, and as I mentioned earlier, there are signs in her being raised by a white woman (certain things she cooks and eats, her style). That is what it is, we all know there exists "full" black people who were reared in white households; therefore, being raised by a white woman isn't an exclusion from being black...

She was raised by a white woman but also has a much tighter relationship with her dad's family than her mom's, and the evidence of this is there in other things she cooks and enjoys. Her best friend is black, most of her social circle is black, her two children are with a black man and she has never dated anything but black men...

But she's white passing, she should identify as white? Or since she has a white parent, she should be like "im not actually white or black"? This is a biracial woman just like you, white parent/black parent, who would disagree with you pretty entirely on this topic. My second BM is also considered "mixed" by people who view Hispanics as their own race, she's pro-black than a muhfukka and she'd definitely disagree with you...

Your social circle, meaning the women you date, your homies, and family you're closest with, are mainly white, correct?

I don't value "mixed" as a legitimate descriptor of anyone since almost everybody black is mixed, so if we use the term "mixed" I use it based on how those mixed people live their lives and identify...

Patrick Mahomes is a white man. We know the schools he went to and where and how he was raised, he wasn't raised in black culture or society, and as an adult he doesn't live in black society nor does he date or mainly socialize black...

That's a man who has a black father but has been living white his entire life, and I'm cool with that. There is no "mixed people" foods unless we start talking about Hispanic cultures. There is no "mixed people styles", that everyone else borrows from or adopts. There is no mixed cultural anything because being mixed means you're an adaptation of multiple things--->and an orginator of virtually nothing...

But you cant live life as both black AND white, abd unlike Latin Americans, there is no cultural significance or cultural exports that derive from being "mixed". So my central point, I don't even use the phrase "mixed". Every black person descended from slaves in The West is "mixed", it's a non-issue that people have made an issue. I can acknowledge, that this person is biracial and has a nonblack parent, but that person is living their lifestyle either black or in the nonblack lineage they have, whether it's white or something else. Ain't nobody out here living "mixed"...

So me personally dog, I don't even bring up "mixed" when talking about someone who is black. My dad's mom was a Panther and from Havenscourt, East O. Yet we have a legion of nikkas on here who will say my grandma isn't black because her mom was white, just fukk the fact she had her kids with two black men, was a Panther, grew up in a historically black neighborhood, is an advocate for black causes in Sacramento, has black grandchildren, fukk all that...

I have 13 siblings, two of them have a white Mexican mother and one has a Filipina mother. My sister with the Mexican mom married and had kids with a white man, and her mom is white passing, so she's a white woman if I'm defining her. My sister with the Asian mom is with and has kids with a brother, and has lived in black spaces her whole life, she black. My brother with the Mexican mom had his son with a Mexican, but looks black, and identifies as black from when he was Upstate to out on the streets, says he's never been treated as a Mexican because he doesn't look Mexican...

People in this very thread say, you can't make black families or people if you don't come from two black people...

I'm Creole thru my mom's side, and anyone with anyone education on Creoles know it's just a mix of black and white folk from Louisiana...

I don't know bruh, my family and the way I was raised, I have no confusion on hat black is. I've never really been to a family reunion but at mine, wouldn't be no confusion on what BLACK means, and it doesn't mean you needed two black parents. It's all this other divisive shyt I have an issue with...

I do respect your point of view because as a brother I know we don't always have to agree on everything, black people have their own minds and perceptions. But I'll never agree with that line of thinking because in my family there was never any question of what "black" means...

I’ll come back and respond to the full post

I’m not saying she should assimilate into being white, I’m saying she should be classified as biracial

As far as your grandmother, I don’t view biracial folks from the civil rights era the same as biracial as today. Biracials today (as you can see from the stats OP posted) are straight up future caucasians. They are getting with white folks at an alarming rate. A biracial man is getting with a non black wonan 4/5 times. That’s an actual stat. That number is insane.

These folks fill up black quotas (and we don’t have many to begin with) and I am strongly opposed to that. I have no issue with biracials, and I’m not saying we have no connection. I just don’t want them lumped with legitimate black people.

Drake calling his son black :dead:

Magic Mulatto

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. . .
Daps

crying-boy.gif

Well, I’m going my own way and any mixed kin can choose to join me if they so choose.

And those that can pass should be with those persons whom they resemble most. If they’re unable to connect, relate and/or identify with people who look like themselves and would rather kick it with others, then that’s their prerogative but they’ll always be the rebellious oddball who was different from everybody else.

I don’t have a social circle and I don’t know any of my White relatives. Outside of this website, I choose not to interact with Black people or White people.

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
crying-boy.gif

Well, I’m going my own way and any mixed kin can choose to join me if they so choose.

And those that can pass should be with those persons whom they resemble most. If they’re unable to connect, relate and/or identify with people who look like themselves and would rather kick it with others, then that’s their prerogative but they’ll always be the rebellious oddball who was different from everybody else.

I don’t have a social circle and I don’t know any of my White relatives. Outside of this website, I choose not to interact with Black people or White people.
Gotdamn this sounds like a sad way to live your life, my brother...

Magic Mulatto

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. . .
Daps
Gotdamn this sounds like a sad way to live your life, my brother...
It was never up to me, breh…Some of us get sent our own way out the gate…😢

BTW, you prolly in my top 5. You keep fighting the good fight and I already know that you’re raising your children to be exceptional humans…🤝

Yas

Banned
Daps

You really wrote an essay about your baby mama mixness not once but TWICE. I would give it a D btw just for this line alone.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

Exactly.

The US has always been a nation with plenty of mixed people living their lives as black or white. Black people aren't going extinct, become any more mixed than before, nor are mixed people becoming some unified class.

Daps
Another thing, "mixed people" are in the lineage of most ADOS people.

I guess you are questioning how this will impact us given that the 1 drop rule is dying off.
100%.

The average Black person is between 10% and 30% European already with small amounts of Native American and Asian (usually from Malagasy ancestry of early slaves in Colonial America).

We're unique because we're STILL so Black despite being a minority in the same country for 403 years. Latinos and Asians are usually mixed within a couple of generations....while you got brehs like me that are 90% west/central African even now.

Getting more mixed is going to happen as each generation is a little less prejudice than the previous generation.

Mixing isn't even new. During the early American period 1600s through early 1700s, it was common for Black male and Irish/Scottish/Welsh indentured servant females to get together. After that it became almost all about white men raping Black women (or not rape in places like New Orleans with placage). That's why mixed babies took the condition of the mother...and were enslaved too. There weren't as many mixed babies with white moms later on in slavery.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
I think this ends horrible for REAL black people

Lots of mixed people use being “black” when it benefits them, but their entire circle from who they hang with to who they date/marry/procreate with is white

Do their 25% black kids get to claim black as well when it suits them?

What about the 1/8 black kids that they produce?
How often does and has this actually happened in black America though?

Meaning, how often does it get to this point?

It’s anecdotal, but I’ve noticed that, eventually, mixed people end up usually dating, marrying and reproducing with full-blooded black people.

So it cancels out.

Even the ones from Latin America seem to go for full-blooded black men/women when they get here.

In black America it seems like light-skinned/mixed women go for dark-skinned brehs, while dark-skinned women end up with light-skinned/mixed brehs.

It’s like that in my own family. My aunts are on the opposite end of the color spectrum as their husbands.

Same with my uncles with their wives.

Literally the only exception is my parents. My moms parents were both biracial and she could pass for white.

Whereas my Dad’s father was biracial and his mom was fully black. He’s brown skinned and gets mistaken for Ethiopian or Arab all the time.

Y’all say that we should categorize mixed people separately from black people, but realistically how would that even happen?

I look like this guy minus the perm

Technically I’m mixed but I’m not the same as someone who is directly mixed with a white parent.

My closest white ancestry is from the early 1900s.

How you going to distinguish between someone like myself who is just considered “light skinned” vs someone who is directly mixed?

Sometimes you can tell, but sometimes there’s overlap and that’s where this whole convo gets confusing.

I’m not against mixed people having their own representation, by the way. I just think it’s kind of a clusterfukk of a situation to undo.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How often does and has this actually happened in black America though?

Meaning, how often does it get to this point?

It’s anecdotal, but I’ve noticed that, eventually, mixed people end up usually dating, marrying and reproducing with full-blooded black people.

So it cancels out.

Even the ones from Latin America seem to go for full-blooded black men/women when they get here.

In black America it seems like light-skinned/mixed women go for dark-skinned brehs, while dark-skinned women end up with light-skinned/mixed brehs.

It’s like that in my own family. My aunts are on the opposite end of the color spectrum as their husbands.

Same with my uncles with their wives.

Literally the only exception is my parents. My moms parents were both biracial and she could pass for white.

Whereas my Dad’s father was biracial and his mom was fully black. He’s brown skinned and gets mistaken for Ethiopian or Arab all the time.

Y’all say that we should categorize mixed people separately from black people, but realistically how would that even happen?

I look like this guy minus the perm

Technically I’m mixed but I’m not the same as someone who is directly mixed with a white parent.

My closest white ancestry is from the early 1900s.

How you going to distinguish between someone like myself who is just considered “light skinned” vs someone who is directly mixed?

Sometimes you can tell, but sometimes there’s overlap and that’s where this whole convo gets confusing.

I’m not against mixed people having their own representation, by the way. I just think it’s kind of a clusterfukk of a situation to undo.

According to the data from OP, it’s happening often (I don’t know what the starting point is)

Biracial men - getting with non black woman 80% of the time

Biracial woman - getting with non black man 50% of the time

The overwhelming majority are gonna turn white based on these numbers