Roughly 1 in 5 Black children in the US under 5 are mixed per CDC data; varies regionally

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I was reading through the replies in this thread after I posted... This is a major L.

Thread needs to be deleted entirely... :snoop:

Negroes confused and superficial in 2023.

Societies are becoming more interconnected due to advances in technology, and with that, there will be an even greater rise in people of different backgrounds/phenotypes/etc... intermingling, marrying, and having kids.

The days of a strict homogenous group where everyone looks the same is over.
This isn't a bad thing either. Genetic diversity/variation is good. The more diverse, the more robust.

:manny:
This sounds like I don't see race rhetoric

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I agree with your larger point about them not having enough homogeneity or numbers to form any real “community”. But people who are of mixed backgrounds don’t need to live their lives “black”, “white” or whatever. Live it as what you are. And that’s multi-racial, cultural, or nationality.

And a lot of creole and boule communities did try to separate themselves with things such as their own group economics and paper bag colorism. They assimilated into being “Black” when it was convenient for them and when they realized they were never going to assimilate into White. It was easier for them to be a higher caste in a minority group than a lower caste in the majority group.

I have no problem with the first paragraph. My point is that this fear mongering of some future with 1000 racial classifications like the Lusophone or Hispanic world isn't grounded in reality.

Most of the creole and boule have been absorbed into just blackness with a few stragglers still refusing to accept its not 1950 anymore and Jack n Jill type orgs is largely flooded with people who don't have that lineage. If there is a class that sits a top socially for Black people, its the entertainer class now.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
I am not confused. The only bad thing we deal with in America is white supremacy. Everything else is superficial and not important to be honest.

As for "Black". Blackness =/= skin tone/African.

Black is a concept born out of whiteness (also known as racism/white supremacy) and simply means, "non-white". That is why the 1-drop rule was important - to reinforce white hegemony. Race is just a class system by another name.

Clinging to it does damage to ADOS people. And once we get reparations in one form or another, we'll do away with it in America entirely because it positions us at the bottom.

We're never getting reparations more than likely

Tair

Superstar
Daps
We're never getting reparations more than likely

Reparations in one form or another will happen.

This sounds like I don't see race rhetoric

"Race" doesn't exist.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Reparations in one form or another will happen.

"Race" doesn't exist.

Race is bullshyt...

You aren't a serious person and shouldn't be paid attention to

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I would’ve never thought
Definitely seen it in Texas tho
Some distant cousins in Fresno, TX :francis:
My cousin had a baby by a white dude about 24 yrs ago. One of the rare instances in my family where the women date out.

The men, though......shiiiiiiit, they be knockin' these white women up like it ain't shyt.

They be looking at me like I'm crazy like "u ain't fukkin wit these white women????!!!!"

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Admittedly, I’m not good at understanding or interpreting statistics, but I know plenty of biracial people who (good or bad, right or wrong) just put “black” on their forms and identify as fully black. My own mother does that.

So are we sure those numbers are even accurate? How were they gathered?

The options were more limited in the past but people now have the option of checking off multiple races. For example, this option has only been available since the year 2000 for the Census. And people have gotten more and more comfortable with identifying as such.

@DrBanneker

How was this data gathered? Are they asking people to report the race of both of their parents when they have a child?

The racial data is self-reported, so biracials parents can identify as just black (or white, native, Asian) if they want, or they can identify as 2 or more races. We can only guess how frequently biracial parents choose the former or the latter.
@Suge Shot Me explained pretty well. Self reported, usually by mother and they can check as many race boxes as they want for themselves and the father if his data is included.

No idea how many mixed people just report Black but I am sure many do.

Also from other data (on Dominicans) racial identification usually lines up with mating patterns. Dominicans who report themselves as Black overwhelmingly have kids with Blacks, vice versa for Domincans who choose White. Dominicans who identify as mixed lean mixed and White with less Black though not as little as White identifying ones.

Similar story with Cape Verdean born mothers.

So I would assume mixed people checking Black are much more likely to be with other Black folks.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Race is bullshyt...

You aren't a serious person and shouldn't be paid attention to

I am more serious than you'll ever be. You will continue posting your lame diatribes on thecoli and not doing anything important in life.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@DrBanneker

79% of mixed black men not having kids with black women
50% of mixed black women not having kids with black men

Is there any way to pull data and see what percentage of them are having kids with other mixed blacks and what percent are having kids with other races?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
@DrBanneker

79% of mixed black men not having kids with black women
50% of mixed black women not having kids with black men

Is there any way to pull data and see what percentage of them are having kids with other mixed blacks and what percent are having kids with other races?

For mixed men of that 79%, 12% are having kids with (Black) mixed women and 67% with non-Blacks.

For mixed women of the 50%, 10% are having kids with mixed (Black) men and 40% with non-Blacks.

This doesn't change much at the state level either ranging from 9-15% across all states except in the deep dep sout like Alabama or Mississippi where it is around 5-7%. Mixed women's percentage is also 2-3% lower in all states.