Roughly 1 in 5 Black children in the US under 5 are mixed per CDC data; varies regionally

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
You will not be assimilating us anymore as time goes on…There has been an awakening amongst mixed-race folk and the revolution may very well be televised…There will arise a mixed class that will go its own way and somehow still prosper in its tragic existence…

And those unmixed Negroid and Europid populations will look at all of us like…
:scust:

yeah yeah yeah

i been hearing that spook tale for a long time, and yet, mixed people’s preference in a mate is white or black not mixed

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Why do us Black Americans act like we don’t come from generations of mixed people? Mixed People make up a Big percentage in Black American DNA they’ve always been around.

I don’t understand this Fear Mongering about mixed people.

ADOS have been "assimilating" mixed off spring since bondage. And the ones who don't, they assimilate into Whiteness. There will be no huge mixed class that identifies unto itself.

No fear mongering here. Part of the reason I am showing these numbers is to refute the narrative some have that Black people are going to disappear, we are all becoming Brazil etc.

The South, as previously stated, plus MD and some northeast and Midwest metros will largely continue as the past. The bigger story I think is the western US where many areas have relatively small Black populations, high IR and 80%+ of mixed people get with Whites. Those Black communities will see huge shifts in the coming decades most likely, especially if net out migration of young educated Black's continues.

I wouldn't be shocked if by the end of the century the Black identified population percent in the South plus Maryland is back near pre-Great Migration levels.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I am mixed. Dad is black and moms is white. When I was a child I knew a few other mixed kids , but not a lot. Now, I see mixed kids everywhere.

My kids school looks like that generated picture Nat Geo released of how kids will look in the future. Everyone in the school mixed.
I'm always interested in mixed blacks background...

Do you consider yourself black? Did you have your kids with a black woman? Also how old are you, where are your parents from, and where are you from? And your social circle, are the people closest to you black?

1. My two oldest daughters, their mother is 27, born and raised in North Carolina. Her parents were high school sweethearts both from NC. White mom, black dad, she considers herself biracial BLACK. Emphasis on "black" because she does not fukk with not being considered a black woman---->she doesn't consider herself biracially "white" or identify with whiteness at all. If you ask her if she's "mixed", she's just as likely to say yes, as say "no, I'm black"...

That said, you can tell in certain aspects that she was raised by a white mother, it is what it is. she has 3 other sisters who have white moms (two by the same white mom), and she looks the closest to white of them all, if you saw my BM in passing, like at a stoplight or in a store, you'd probably take her for white. She has that Mariah Carey thing going on, you gotta be up on her to really see the blackness (she does have a typical wide black nose and dark freckles that black folk with freckles get, unlike the red or pink or orange freckles most white freckled folk have)...

In addition to her three sisters who also have white mothers, she has two sisters who have black American mothers, and two brothers and a sister who have a Belizean black mother (the Belizean chick looks like a dark Mexican but she definitely acts black 😆)...

BM's social circle, she's tightest with her mom. One of her sisters from her white mom is her tightest sibling, abd that sister "looks" more like a redbone sister but she married a white Puerto Rican, so she finna have some white ass kids. BM has a white homegirl she really tight with, and at least one other white friend, but the rest of her friends are black and her best friend from childhood is black. She been with a black dude for almost 4 years, both her kids are from me obviously, and in her own words she's never dated anything other than black men. Mentioning social circle and where she lives because I also think who people choose to live around and associate with has a ton of bearing on identity...

BM has more black homies than white homies, dates black, is closest to her black grandparents than white ones, and lives in an area that has plenty of blackness around her...

As for my kids with her, my girls live in a neighborhood that is about a third black (low-50s% white, 10% Hispanic) in Southeast Raleigh, and my daughter's elementary school is 50% black, 32% Hispanic, 14% white. If you just take away the specific neighborhood the girls live in, their general area is about a split between us, whites, and Hispanics, so my kids are growing up with exposure to alot of shyt. South Raleigh in general is 40% black (61% black in the Southeast, 21% black in the Southwest), so there's plenty of black culture around them. I live in North Raleigh, which is around 19% black, definitely more white people, fewer pockets of blackness. But not worried about my kids not growing up knowing people and culture that look like them. And their schools, I haven't seen this larger increase in "mixed" black kids than from when I was younger---->and I wasn't educated in NC...

I do think like everywhere else, in NC, my girls and their generation will date who they are around...

2. My youngest daughter's mom is 29, born in Brooklyn, went back and forth from NY to NC from 7 to 12, and has been in NC permanently the last 17 years, hasn't left. Her dad was born and raised in the Dominican Republic, immigrated to Harlem when he was 18 in '81; her mom was born here in NC in '65 but moved to Harlem when she was like 5, and spent all of her life in NY until she started coming back to NC in the early 00s and stayed for good in '06...

Her mom is regular black American. Her dad looks like Ice-T, slick back ponytail and all, basically like an old school high yella brother. He had her and 4 of her siblings with her black mom, and two of her siblings with a Mexican chick who looks typically Mexican...

BM identifies as black first, but will tell you she's "Dominican" or "mixed" if you catch her at the Spanish markets or of you ask her 🤣 but she doesn't lead off with an identity that she's "mixed', and in general she's pretty pro-black when I consider her opinions on various topics...

She also looks much more black than my first BM. She's red, but red like Beyonce and Solange, you couldn't really mistake her for anything other than black if you saw her in passing though her hair texture and certain lighting probably hint at Hispanic ancestry too. She definitely ain't got that Mariah, white-passing shyt my first BM has...

Her social circle is almost exclusively black. She has a white step-grandmother she tight with, as well as the white mom of one of her friends, but her friends her age are all black, and she says she's only ever dated black men (her two oldest kids are with a brother too). She has two aunts on her dad's side that she's tight with, older bright Dominican chicks, abd she has a homegirl she tight with who also a light bright Dominican but married a white boy. But everybody else around her is black...

She lives in North Fayetteville which is 51% black, and the general neighborhood BM lives in is like low-70s black, 20% white. My daughter goes to a daycare that is almost exclusively black, and BM's sons go to a school that is around 70% black. Like everything else I think mf's in my daughter's generation will date who is around them, but she's growing up in a smaller city in an almost entirely black world. The most white or Hispanic people my daughter see are when she's in Raleigh with me. Granted, this is the blackest part of Fayetteville, Fayetteville itself is 35% white and 13% Hispanic, so should BM ever move to a different area of town it could drastically change the faces and culture my daughter grows up around...

I have an interest in this though, as growing up, I always saw mixed black kids gravitate more into blackness. As an adult jumping around I saw more of mixed black folk dating and socializing non-black, but it's always interesting to me to hear how and why mixed blacks identify as they do. The mixed blacks in my family kept it black (uncle who had all his kids with black women, he has a white mom; aunt with a white mom who had her son with a brother; etc)...

KamikazePilot

Superstar
Daps
“Mixed black” sounds weird you never hear “mixed Asian” or “mixed white”

Either you black or you mixed.

Sorry the Marcus Garvey school of thought compels me. Only a black man and black woman can produce a black child, no disrespect respectfully
So was Malcom X Black?

Was Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Black?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Yeah NYC metro like ATL or Maryland DMV is low. NY state average is pulled higher by Upstate. Go to places like Elmira or Geneva and see what I mean.
I used to live in Elmira, what took you up there? Muhfukka gotta be trying to go there, you don't land in Elmira by accident...

Been to Geneva and really you can describe the entire NY like this, it really isnt much different in the larger cities. More black folk in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany but there's a shytload of interracial dating---->its only slightly different in The Boroughs. Those Borough dudes love non-black women...
I just hope that my discernibly mixed-race brethren can eventually come together and forge our own path, identity, and culture…

At some point in our lives, we really need to move away from and leave Black-presenting and White-presenting peoples alone…
Why? There is no "mixed culture". Why don't you value blackness or your white side?
What i have seen is brothers from up north that date white tend to be whitewashed.
while down south the white person tends to be into black culture.
This is a fact...

Out west most the Asians and Hispanics that date black tend to be more into bkack culture...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
People can't even define Black because they don't understand what Black means.
Black has always meant American Black which =/= African.

:manny:
100%...
Be ok w/ CACmixture, brehs…Think that absorbing Whiteness is the wave, brehs…Have pride in being intertwined w/ Europeans, AframBrehs…Be insensitive to the degradation of the West-African phenotype, brehs…:scust:

You will not be assimilating us anymore as time goes on…There has been an awakening amongst mixed-race folk and the revolution may very well be televised…There will arise a mixed class that will go its own way and somehow still prosper in its tragic existence…

And those unmixed Negroid and Europid populations will look at all of us like…
:scust:
I don't think we're so much as proud of white lineage, as it's an acknowledgement of fact. So if the fact is that most Black Americans are in fact mixed, it looks crazy for "mixed" people to want to stand apart from blackness...

Genetically I'm 25% Euro. I could never be genetically "full" black, therefore my kids could never be "full" black no matter who I date...

Blackness has always been as much about identity as everything else. You can't be black without a black parent---->but in this country being black has never meant "two fully black parents"...

I have two black parents and yet I'm still "mixed", heavily at that. That "mixed" shyt is wack...

Sorry the Marcus Garvey school of thought compels me. Only a black man and black woman can produce a black child, no disrespect respectfully
I mean, I don't know how other races identify themselves, I'm not around them enough to know. What you're saying is that I can't have black kids because my BM is "mixed" but if you saw my daughters you'd take them for nothing other than black...

I know being "mixed" in and of itself isn't a unique identifier. My BM calls herself "biracially black", makes sense to me. Because she has a sister who married a white Rican dude, finna have white kids, her sister is WHITE. Biracial, but WHITE...

My other BM dad from DR but very clearly has black in him otherwise he wouldn't be able to have made all these black kids he has, and my BM wouldn't be able to have made all the black kids she has...

Simple to me bruh, if someone has a black parent, they can produce a black child as long as the person they produce with also has a black parent. If you only have one black parent and produce with someone who doesn't have a black parent, that kid isn't black. If you have two black parents and produce with someone with no black parents, that kid is as black as their upbringing dictates---->if said children are raised like Patrick Mahomes you aren't black, and if said kid otherwise grow up to immerse themselves in nonblack spaces and relationships, they aren't black...

If blackness was a genealogy test almost nobody in America would be viewed as black...

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
You know Hapas make up the majority of mixed race kids now :skip:
nikkas be flagrant with the anti black shyt on here
For every one biracial black family(male or female)
It’s 5011 Asian bytches marrying white men and having fukked in the head children:dead:
And the latinas you nikkas love so much are following suite:mjlol:
Go off lil daddy:deadrose:

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

Asians don't have words for mixed Asian? You might need to read up more.

Also White people assimilate half White people all the time.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
100%...

I don't think we're so much as proud of white lineage, as it's an acknowledgement of fact. So if the fact is that most Black Americans are in fact mixed, it looks crazy for "mixed" people to want to stand apart from blackness...

Genetically I'm 25% Euro. I could never be genetically "full" black, therefore my kids could never be "full" black no matter who I date...

Blackness has always been as much about identity as everything else. You can't be black without a black parent---->but in this country being black has never meant "two fully black parents"...

I have two black parents and yet I'm still "mixed", heavily at that. That "mixed" shyt is wack...

I mean, I don't know how other races identify themselves, I'm not around them enough to know. What you're saying is that I can't have black kids because my BM is "mixed" but if you saw my daughters you'd take them for nothing other than black...

I know being "mixed" in and of itself isn't a unique identifier. My BM calls herself "biracially black", makes sense to me. Because she has a sister who married a white Rican dude, finna have white kids, her sister is WHITE. Biracial, but WHITE...

My other BM dad from DR but very clearly has black in him otherwise he wouldn't be able to have made all these black kids he has, and my BM wouldn't be able to have made all the black kids she has...

Simple to me bruh, if someone has a black parent, they can produce a black child as long as the person they produce with also has a black parent. If you only have one black parent and produce with someone who doesn't have a black parent, that kid isn't black. If you have two black parents and produce with someone with no black parents, that kid is as black as their upbringing dictates---->if said children are raised like Patrick Mahomes you aren't black, and if said kid otherwise grow up to immerse themselves in nonblack spaces and relationships, they aren't black...

If blackness was a genealogy test almost nobody in America would be viewed as black...
Fine that’s a fair assessment, I’m just generally not a fan of it because ppl be picking and choosing when and who and are never as forthcoming about it until shyt hits the fan.

If you’re biracial you can be black in North America, mixed/mulatto in South America, and colored in South Africa.

That shyt used to throw me off for years
Asians don't have words for mixed Asian? You might need to read up more.

Also White people assimilate half White people all the time.
yes I know the term hapa exists but it’s for white+Asian mixes. Blasian is usually term used by black ppl for black+Asian mixes never really hear Asian folks say blasian

In the Latin world they do in the Anglo world usually not, guess it depends on which version of white society we’re going by

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Fine that’s a fair assessment, I’m just generally not a fan of it because ppl be picking and choosing when and who and are never as forthcoming about it until shyt hits the fan.

If you’re biracial you can be black in North America, mixed/mulatto in South America, and colored in South Africa.

That shyt used to throw me off for years

yes I know the term hapa exists but it’s for white+Asian mixes. Blasian is usually term used by black ppl for black+Asian mixes never really hear Asian folks say blasian

In the Latin world they do in the Anglo world usually not, guess it depends on which version of white society we’re going by
Come out west here, in California Asians who date black and have children with black people use the term "blasian" @Stir Fry

And I get your point of view, bruh. I'm just on the side of, we've always understood "black" in this country, no confusion. All this extra shyt to distance and split up and separate blackness isn't the wave for me...

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
yes I know the term hapa exists but it’s for white+Asian mixes.

This isn't true. There are whole youtube channels dedicated to exploring the half asian/half black experience in Asia. Please educate yourself.

Who told you this lie?