Roseanne Gets A Revival with John Goodman, Roseanne Barr & more

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
I'm not surprised. I remember Chris Pratt saying last year that he felt there wasn't enough TV shows/films about regular working-class white people in the midwest & this forum just wrote him off as racist when he was telling the truth. So I was expecting the ratings to be at least decent. .

He's right. Been saying this for years. All of the white shows are aspirational (don't you wish you were rich like us), while the black shows were typically all hood shows. But as with anything, when there is such an imbalance of representation, something breaking from the norm will be seen as a breath of fresh air.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
As someone that never watched an episode but knew of it how are they explaining the og and recast becky being in the same place?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Between this and Fuller House, so much for the multi-cam genre being dead, huh?
Yup I think multi-cams and procedurals will never die as long as people want to come home and not have to remember every detail from the last episode.
Nah, the multi-cam sitcom is still dead. Those 2 shows are continuation series of popular 90's sitcoms & feed off Nostalgia.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Nah, the multi-cam sitcom is still dead. Those 2 shows are continuation series of popular 90's sitcoms & feed off Nostalgia.

Then Star Wars is dead if one were to look at anything, going by your comment. Is that not feeding off of nostalgia?

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty decent. I legit LOL at some of the lines. I loved the topical stuff. The acting was a little rusty though.