Roman Reigns = Bust

reigun

Superstar
Daps
I feel like y'all are too hard on the guy, man. He is a good wrestler definitely main event worthy. He's just miscast if anything.
The company's obsession with making him THE GUY as fast as possible exposed him. I agree that he is talented, but the well is poisoned.

All told, I think TSC is a lot easier on Reigns than most. Most posters I've seen since I started posting either like him or acknowledge it's the booking that fukked him up.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I feel like y'all are too hard on the guy, man. He is a good wrestler definitely main event worthy. He's just miscast if anything.

He's totally miscast. Had he been smug Reigns from the start, they wouldn't be having this problem right now. But instead, they wanted him like Cena/Rock cutting lengthy promos trying to be funny when that's not at all his style

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
The company's obsession with making him THE GUY as fast as possible exposed him. I agree that he is talented, but the well is poisoned.

All told, I think TSC is a lot easier on Reigns than most. Most posters I've seen since I started posting either like him or acknowledge it's the booking that fukked him up.
I agree and give credit to TSC for the most part is fair but the wrestling community as a whole has made things much worse. There doesn't need to be "You can't wrestle" or "you still suck chants" after big spots it just makes it obvious you're hating him for sport at that point. WWE made lemonade out of lemons with his whole feud with Strowman and fans don't give him credit for using his negative heat and body to make Braun. If Braun had the same feud with Finn he'd be disliked on the IWC.

I don't think it's too late for Roman to turn it around. I feel only a quarter truly hate him and booing him has just become part of the show a way to top the last crowd. He'll never be cheered again in WWE if they don't turn him heel first but they won't do that because him winning is good enough to help him move sufficient merch with fans. The only problem is finding a good enough reason since he should've turned during his feud with The Undertaker and now Cena but I still prefer that over a Shield reunion as a means to make Roman liked. Reuniting The Shield would be garbage and fans would see it as a ploy to get them to like Roman and boo him anytime he showed his face or shyt maybe they'd boo the entire Shield, but I still don't think it's too late.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I honestly couldn't care less about the reactions Reigns gets. I just don't want to hear that Reigns can't work. That's just false. I can understand why he's disliked but his wrestling skills damn sure aren't a reason.

A guy with limited personality and bad mic skills who has good matches. How is he that much different from all of the "indy darlings" or "vanilla midgets" that people love to criticize so much?

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
A guy with limited personality and bad mic skills who has good matches. How is he that much different from all of the "indy darlings" or "vanilla midgets" that people love to criticize so much?
That's the thing they aren't that different but their reception IS. The WWE is ALL in for Roman's push but they're also ALL in for Finn Balor with Rollins being their 3rd option. Both suffer from some of the same problems but are liked for their non WWE work. Some of the fans won't criticize former indy guys and they will give them passes for having the same problems because y'all see them as having earned their places whereas Roman and now Jason Jordan are seen as WWE/Vince guys for their size/experience shoved down y'all throats taking the push that should've gone to their partner. Both Jordan and Roman are exceptionally good wrestlers and were once popular with the same people who now dislike them now.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
I don't care about personality or mic skills when I watch WWE. I care for good matches. Roman Reigns is constantly putting on good matches. I wouldn't even be watching WWE if I never saw The Shield debut. Reigns is one of the reasons I started watching again.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
He's totally miscast. Had he been smug Reigns from the start, they wouldn't be having this problem right now. But instead, they wanted him like Cena/Rock cutting lengthy promos trying to be funny when that's not at all his style
Bingo, been saying this since the start of the Cena program

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
:dwillhuh: That's kind of a surprise because one of the main complaints with the WWE has been lack of personality and intriguing characters.
I watch to see good matches. As long as I get that, I'm satisfied. I'll never expect this company to give us good personalities again. When it comes to promos, guys from this generation just don't have it like guys from previous generations. There's a few exceptions. I understand creative doesn't help matters either. It is what it is.

On the flip side of this, you have Enzo Amore. Great personality and mic skills but utter trash in the ring. People like what they like.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Reigns should have been saying very little and just looking to beat the brakes outta Cena.
Off topic but I've said since day 1, Reigns should have been a heel after The Shield split.
WWE for some reason still hasn't figured out Roman is best when he doesn't say much and lets his presence do the talking for him. That's why I laughed when guys were overreacting on here about Cena "ethering" him in promos, Roman was handicapped every segment they had together. And WWE knew that but still threw him to the wolves.