Roman Reigns = Bust

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
He’s about to win another title headlining wrasslemania and you have will all be watching every millisecond of it, quite the bust indeed :jbhmm:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He’s about to win another title headlining wrasslemania and you have will all be watching every millisecond of it, quite the bust indeed :jbhmm:

Wait, I thought everyone quit watching fake wrestling because it sucks now? Pick one

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Fitting post I saw on DVDR

I feel like this is a huge contrast between Roman and Bryan. Roman suffers from WWE's fan obliviousness. Ever since the breaking up of the SHIELD, this character suffered from WWE ignoring the fans actual perception of him. Like the idea that Vince or even the authority do not favor wrestlers like Roman Reigns yet somehow we are expected to believe that their actual ace is guys like Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar. I have seen Roman get beaten, nearly murdered for years now, and I could give less of a shyt because I know that in the end, Roman is going to come out on top or be justified in a narrative regardless. shyt, I even cheered when it happened because it was awesome. Roman is not an underdog or a hero. He is not someone to get behind, but a nearly characterless personality that WWE throws stories in to turn the perception on him. I believe that the best characters in long running shows like WWE are the ones that we can plot from begiing to end and see the developments in them and Roman is utterly devoid of any substantial development as a character that hardly made sense. He lacks motivation and most importantly a struggle. He puts on a few good matches and that is it.

Then there is Bryan. Everything about this character can be plotted out in arcs of his character. We can see where he was in every single arc and felt compelled one way or another. He was the underdog and we know why he was the underdog. He was a cheating a$$hole and we know why he was a cheating a$$hole. And he was the guy WWE never wanted us to love and get behind and we saw why they didn't. So when Kevin and Sami beat down Bryan after his epic fight back against the two....son, I was livid. I was screaming bloody murder at the screen. Because that is Daniel Bryan that they beat up. When Daniel german suplexed Sami and started doing his now safer dropkicks...I was pumped.

IF Daniel Bryan took over Roman Reigns spot and wrestled Brock Lesnar, the WWE does not even have to provide a reason. They don't even have to be sound or logical. They just do it and very few of us wrestling fans would complain. In fact, a lot of us would just shrug and now eagerly watch Wrestlemania anyways. And that speaks volumes in just how bad the WWE handled Roman in that after years of building this character, that someone they thought whose career was over could easily take over and build infinitely more excitement than him. It just proves that Roman definitely is not the Guy.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Roman is only going to be a bust because of the E's lack of creativity and incompetent booking.

Roman rise to the top need to be a slow, methodical rise. He should be testing his mic skills on Superstars and Main Event and have another wrestler (possibly Bray) write some basic, but effective, promos. And Roman should more single matches while still being a part of the Shield.
:flabbyvince: managed to botch the singles runs and arguably the careers of all three shield members :francis:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Fitting post I saw on DVDR

I feel like this is a huge contrast between Roman and Bryan. Roman suffers from WWE's fan obliviousness. Ever since the breaking up of the SHIELD, this character suffered from WWE ignoring the fans actual perception of him. Like the idea that Vince or even the authority do not favor wrestlers like Roman Reigns yet somehow we are expected to believe that their actual ace is guys like Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar. I have seen Roman get beaten, nearly murdered for years now, and I could give less of a shyt because I know that in the end, Roman is going to come out on top or be justified in a narrative regardless. shyt, I even cheered when it happened because it was awesome. Roman is not an underdog or a hero. He is not someone to get behind, but a nearly characterless personality that WWE throws stories in to turn the perception on him. I believe that the best characters in long running shows like WWE are the ones that we can plot from begiing to end and see the developments in them and Roman is utterly devoid of any substantial development as a character that hardly made sense. He lacks motivation and most importantly a struggle. He puts on a few good matches and that is it.

Then there is Bryan. Everything about this character can be plotted out in arcs of his character. We can see where he was in every single arc and felt compelled one way or another. He was the underdog and we know why he was the underdog. He was a cheating a$$hole and we know why he was a cheating a$$hole. And he was the guy WWE never wanted us to love and get behind and we saw why they didn't. So when Kevin and Sami beat down Bryan after his epic fight back against the two....son, I was livid. I was screaming bloody murder at the screen. Because that is Daniel Bryan that they beat up. When Daniel german suplexed Sami and started doing his now safer dropkicks...I was pumped.

IF Daniel Bryan took over Roman Reigns spot and wrestled Brock Lesnar, the WWE does not even have to provide a reason. They don't even have to be sound or logical. They just do it and very few of us wrestling fans would complain. In fact, a lot of us would just shrug and now eagerly watch Wrestlemania anyways. And that speaks volumes in just how bad the WWE handled Roman in that after years of building this character, that someone they thought whose career was over could easily take over and build infinitely more excitement than him. It just proves that Roman definitely is not the Guy.
Wqw5zAY.png
"Yeah but Roman's tall."

Rout3r2035

Superstar
Daps
So now that Daniel Bryan is back it's now an all out Roman hate fest? We're going to see more of these, old "I hate Roman" threads now aren't we?

Stop this bullshyt ass narrative :stopitslime: Only reason Bryan comes up is he's CLEARLY still the most over guy in the company and the thought of him getting a push with the level of backing a guy like Reigns gets is :wow:But you Reigns apologists always wanna keep D-Bry's name in your mouths:hhh: Just admit ya mans sucks :mjlol:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Stop this bullshyt ass narrative :stopitslime: Only reason Bryan comes up is he's CLEARLY still the most over guy in the company and the thought of him getting a push with the level of backing a guy like Reigns gets is :wow:But you Reigns apologists always wanna keep D-Bry's name in your mouths:hhh: Just admit ya mans sucks :mjlol:
Braun Strowman should be in his spot right now anyway. That has nothing to do with Bryan and everything to do with Roman being bland.