TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
nobody posted the gif
My bad, I just got home :mjlol:
Of course I disagree with this but Trump is worse.

If an another round of Trump judges get appointed it's over for reparations for the next 50 years.
If that means my kids get it, fine. I'm willing to suffer short term for them to get what's owed and win.
You have to apply pressure strategically. You have to apply pressure from the inside.
Firstly,:dame:. Secondly, how do you accomplish this "from the inside" when the party's OFFICIAL INSTRUCTIONS are not to give us anything, and Sleepy Joe and Kamammy are ON TAPE saying they won't? Please explain.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Senate Reconciliation is filibuster proof. Only requires majority vote. Manchin and Sinema were Dems, so my point stands. "Zero Republican opposition".

Here's the kicker, local Black Dem shills would be telling me to vote for Manchin amd Sinema if I lived in West Virginia or Arizona. :pachaha:

No one knew at the time that sinema would pull a curtsy/thumbs down combo to vote against the federal minimum wage increase as if that shyt was cute.

That right there goes against one of your points that "Dems simply didn't want to increase the minimum wage". Hell, it also disproves that were wasn't any Republican opposition because they voted against it as well.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
This is an outright lie. First off, they obviously aren't going to get 50 votes for reparations when there are only 50 democrats in the senate and one of them is Joe Manchin. Second, it wouldn't pass the Republican-led House. And third, under the current Trump-appointed courts, it would immediately be deemed unconstitutional.
Again learn what Senate Reconciliation is. It requires only a majority vote in both houses and a signature of the President. Again zero Republican opposition.

I love how Republicans can take any Dem legislation to court and its assumed they can block it, but Dems can't do the same.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Was Slavery race based legislation?

The Equal Protection Clause that they're interpreting to make race-based laws unConstitutional wasn't passed until 1868, breh. And it wasn't generally followed until 1965. Before then, of course racial discrimination was Constitutional.

Was Redlining race based?

Redlining was never the law, it's a local policy by private corporations.

You can prove that the war on Drugs is at the very least race based. Numerous laws on a federal level were race based and thus race based reparations can be for demanded in payment for damages. If reparations were just about slavery you might have a point but race-based antagonist laws against Blacks exist into present day. Think fo all the Black folks alive who were ditectly affected by redlining alone?

Breh, I am a HUGE advocate for reparations. I've been pushing them since my first month on this site back in 2015 when most posters didn't even talk about them yet. But what I'm telling you is that Republican judges have already decided that race-based laws are unconstitutional. They won't even let the weakest versions of Affirmative Action hold up. They won't even let a few billion for Black farmers hold up. So until we get those Republican judges back into the minority, there is zero chance of reparations holding up as law.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
No one knew at the time that sinema would pull a curtsy/thumbs down combo to vote against the federal minimum wage increase as if that shyt was cute.

That right there goes against one of your points that "Dems simply didn't want to increase the minimum wage". Hell, it also disproves that were wasn't any Republican opposition because they voted against it as well.
Biden's home state Delaware Senators also voted against the minimum wage hike. Again. Zero Republican Opposition. You even forgot the Senate Parliamentarian. Again, Democratic appointed. They could have simply replaced them like Republicans did in the past. Zero Republican Opposition.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Again learn what Senate Reconciliation is. It requires only a majority vote in both houses and a signature of the President. Again zero Republican opposition.

I love how Republicans can take any Dem legislation to court and it’s assumed they can block it, but Dems can't do the same.
You can’t when it’s a republican controlled court. Which is the entire argument against bothsiders.

You’re essentially giving away 1/3 of the government, the part that can overrule the others, in hopes of accomplishing something you know can and will be challenged in the courts and will be overruled by a conservative super majority in the courts.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Breh, I know what Senate Reconciliation is. Are you aware that Republicans control the House?

And I pointed out to you that the Dems don't have anywhere close to 50 votes in the Senate. Joe fukking Manchin is never voting for that shyt in a million years.

I love how Republicans can take any Dem legislation to court and its assumed they can block it, but Dems can't do the same.

Because Republicans have the court majority, that's how it works. :dead:

Democrat appointees haven't had the court majority since 1970. :francis:

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
Biden's home state Delaware Senators also voted against the minimum wage hike. Again. Zero Republican Opposition. You even forgot the Senate Parliamentarian. Again, Democratic appointed. They could have simply replaced them like Republicans did in the past. Zero Republican Opposition.

C'mon man, you're bringing up Delaware state politics out of nowhere as of you weren't talking about the U.S. Senate from the start.

What state do you want to talk about next :pachaha:

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
we had greater “power” and “respect” when we were more heavily tied to an institution our oppressor created to make us docile?

:unimpressed:

It wasn't religion that broke our people's spirits. It was heroin, then crack, and then all the negative stereotypes being portrayed by white media and many of our own people in music, film and other aspects of Black culture, up until today, and there is no escape.

Removed God from their lives only to worship money and material possessions. An avaricious culture has no place in the world. 6 Certs and GMB mentalities are two sides of the same coin.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I’m not broke living with my mother. So unfortunately, I don’t have to play lotto with my life.

:scusthov:

Because policies can actually cause meaningful harm for me and my future. :umad:

Go ahead and vote again for nothing...:laff: your hero biden really gonna save black america. When you cant refute anything I say you get personal. :umad: and the whole family lives in our house you clown not just me... So why you trying to put me on blast?!? :heh:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
The Equal Protection Clause that they're interpreting to make race-based laws unConstitutional wasn't passed until 1868, breh. And it wasn't generally followed until 1965. Before then, of course racial discrimination was Constitutional.
Did SCOTUS strike down the Anti-Asian Hate Crime Bill? Was that not race based?
Redlining was never the law, it's a local policy by private corporations.
The Federal Housing Administration, refused to insure mortgages for Whites in and near African-American neighborhoods. Thats not local policy, nor just the actions of private corporations. Since this was all part of The New Deal, its law.

Last edited:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
C'mon man, you're bringing up Delaware state politics out of nowhere as of you weren't talking about the U.S. Senate from the start.

What state do you want to talk about next :pachaha:
No Homie. The US Senators for Delaware voted to kick out the federal minimum wage hike. It wasnt just Sinema's vote. Biden campaigned on higher federal minimum wage, yet he let the Senators from hos home state deep six onr of his campaign promises.

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
No Homie. The US Senators for Delaware voted to kick out the federal minimum wage hike. It wasnt just Sinema's vote. Biden campaigned on higher federal minimum wage, yet he let the Senators from hos home state deep six onr of his campaign promises.

Gotcha. In That case you're right about c00ns and carper in regards to min wage

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
You wrote all that and still think the democrats are gonna save us????:laff: you keep bringing up the republicans but lets stay on topic the dems have failed... Every other group gets tangibles but dont vote we the only group that votes like a block and get nothing specific for us... SO IF IT TAKES THE DEMS AND THE COUNTRY BURNING IN HELL... Then so be it...:manny: what are we gonna get specifically for putting biden back in office!?!

NOTHING RIGHT???...THEN... :sas2:

So what are you suggesting by "THE COUNTRY BURNING IN HELL." Are you suggesting all out civil war if blacks don't get tangibles? Help me understand the ultimate goal of #bothsiders and how we achieve "tangibles." You always say "fuk both sides" and don't vote. But what comes after that?