Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
prince of proper pandering babble

Nx6OMJ.gif
spirit fingers

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Again, pointless speculation. I don't even care to discuss the point because it's irrelevant.

The senate doesn't have a duty to fill the seat within Obama's timeframe either.

Under what authorization law could the government issue reparations?
The same authorization law used for past reparations issued. How about the same authorization used to give reparations to slave holders.
dc811cc16cf4ed6a6483e60e5f83282c.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
we had greater “power” and “respect” when we were more heavily tied to an institution our oppressor created to make us docile?

White people with their 4d chess, doing church before they even had Black people around them to play the long game so black people wouldn't know what their real purpose was, then refusing to let Black people join their churches or read the Bible so that they would only want it that much more, then forcing them to start their own churches and run those churches themselves to they'd think it was their own idea.

Some of y'all attribute borderline supervillan powers to them. :unimpressed:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
fukk Trump and any bootlicker that loves him.

Your boy Tariq is not a serious person.

Allowing Trump in takes us further away from reparations.

...and biden and kamala and the dnc is gonna give it to us if we get them back in office right???:mjgrin::laff: let me guess this is the most important election of our lifetime right....again...:mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You have to apply pressure strategically. You have to apply pressure from the inside.
So if both sides have no interest in reparations….

Nevermind. Not going to waste time being logical.

:laff: 60+ fukking years same shyt, VOTING FOR NOTHING ASS NIKKAS...:mjlol: we stay put them in office what have WE SPECIFICALLY GOTTEN FOR IT!!??...NOTHING...:dead: the dems is done out here watch...

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Japanese weren't given reparations through reconciliation.
Again. You need to learn what Senate Reconciliation is. The requirement is only that the Legislation be Federal Budget related. Reparations would 100% be budget related. Past reparations authorizations provide the legal precedence. Y'all need to stop trying to White Knight these fools and just admit they just not that into us.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The same authorization law used for past reparations issued.

Race-based reparations have never been issued for any group. Reparations have only been issued to specific victims of specific acts.

That's why when they passed the reparations for the Japanese internment in 1988, only the actual survivors got the $20,000 each. The 40k internees who had died between 1945 and 1988 got nothing, not their kids or their families or anything.

In order to pass race-based or descendent-based reparations in the USA, it would require an entirely new law. And the current Supreme Court has already declared that race-based laws are illegal, so it can't even happen unless the composition of the Supreme Court changes.

Reparations are nothing but a Reconciliation Bill away. Oh, that's right, Dems didn't have it on their agenda.

This is an outright lie. First off, they obviously aren't going to get 50 votes for reparations when there are only 50 democrats in the senate and one of them is Joe Manchin. Second, it wouldn't pass the Republican-led House. And third, under the current Trump-appointed courts, it would immediately be deemed unconstitutional.

I don't think reparations has a chance of passing until times change significantly. Even if the Dems "could" pass it right now, I doubt more than 25-30 of them would. We need a lot more DSA dems, younger dems, non-white dems, and a bigger majority before it would happen....if and only if the court leaning changes too.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Reparartions will take massive political organizing.

Conservative cacs have been getting momentum lately because they put strategy and money behind their objectives.

Yeah it's clear Dems have no long term plan

Either they don't care or they know there's nothing they can do because the system is rigged against them

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Race-based reparations have never been issued for any group. Reparations have only been issued to specific victims of specific acts.

That's why when they passed the reparations for the Japanese internment in 1988, only the actual survivors got the $20,000 each. The 40k internees who had died between 1945 and 1988 got nothing, not their kids or their families or anything.

In order to pass race-based or descendent-based reparations in the USA, it would require an entirely new law. And the current Supreme Court has already declared that race-based laws are illegal, so it can't even happen unless the composition of the Supreme Court changes.

I disagree with this point lineage based reparations has a good chance of being upheld.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps

Was Slavery race based legislation? Was Redlining race based? You can prove that the war on Drugs is at the very least race based. Numerous laws on a federal level were race based and thus race based reparations can be for demanded in payment for damages. If reparations were just about slavery you might have a point but race-based antagonist laws against Blacks exist into present day. Think of all the living Black homeowners who were directly affected by redlining alone?

Again another example of Dems don't have the power, but fear the power of Republicans. Why vote for powerless do-nothings?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:laff: 60+ fukking years same shyt, VOTING FOR NOTHING ASS NIKKAS...:mjlol: we stay put them in office what have WE SPECIFICALLY GOTTEN FOR IT!!??...NOTHING...:dead: the dems is done out here watch...
I’m not broke living with my mother. So unfortunately, I don’t have to play lotto with my life.

:scusthov:

Because policies can actually cause meaningful harm for me and my future. :umad: