Roland Martin Afraid Black Women May Join "Bothsides"

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
You under estimate how much Black people are hated in this country if they announced reparations they would lose the election.

We as Black people have to make the reparations issue more palpable.
If Americans are that Racist, no form of reparations will be deemed "Palpable". Most civil rights bills weren't considered "Palpable" but got passed anyway. (BTW, the term you mean to use is Palatable) The government is notorious for enacting laws and spending funds that go against the will of the majority. Most civil rights bill, along with Lincoln freeing the slaves went against the will of the majority. Funding Ukraine today isn't favored by a majority of Americans.

Reparations are nothing but a Reconciliation Bill away. Oh, that's right, Dems didn't have it on their agenda.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
If Americans are that Racist, no form of reparations will be deemed "Palpable". Most civil rights bills weren't considered "Palpable" but got passed anyway. (BTW, the term you mean to use is Palatable) The government is notorious for enacting laws and spending funds that go against the will of the majority. Most civil rights bill, along with Lincoln freeing the slaves went against the will of the majority. Funding Ukraine today isn't favored by a majority of Americans.

Reparations are nothing but a Reconciliation Bill away. Oh, that's right, Dems didn't have it on their agenda.

yeah I meant palatable , but you are under estimating just how deeply anti-FBA this country is. I'm a staunchly pro reparations BUT you have to have a plan to get other demos onboard to be honest.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You under estimate how much Black people are hated in this country if they announced reparations they would lose the election.

We as Black people have to make the reparations issue more palatable.

WE DONT GIVE A fukk ANYMORE!!! :birdman: EITHER You DO YOUR JOB OR You DONT AND IF YOU DONT GET THE fukk OUT!!! :camby: and im not trolling you you keep making excuses for them black folks fed the fukk up!!!

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
yeah I meant palatable , but you are under estimating just how deeply anti-FBA this country is. I'm a staunchly pro reparations BUT you have to have a plan to get other demos onboard to be honest.
Trillions in government spending gets pushed through without any say from voters, every fiscal year. Reparations, Student Loan forgiveness, Raised federal minimum wage, or nationalized healthcare can all be pushed through a Reconciliation bill with zero opposition from Republicans. Dems simply don't want to do it. Facts don't lie.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
WE DONT GIVE A fukk ANYMORE!!! :birdman: EITHER You DO YOUR JOB OR You DONT AND IF YOU DONT GET THE fukk OUT!!! :camby: and im not trolling you you keep making excuses for them black folks fed the fukk up!!!

How exactly is this going to help black people get reparations:

DEI destroyer in chief? Trump vows to crush 'anti-white' racism if he wins 2024 election

Like I said in another thread, how exactly does the Trump team promising to stomp out "anti-White" racism and eliminate any programs/initiatives in which white people can't benefit, help out black people? Bothsiders primary complaint is "tangibles." But Trump is guaranteeing that there will be no tangibles that "specifically benefit black people; on the contrary, he is saying that any benefits that exist today for blacks will be taken away.

Now I know your default is to blame Democrats for "not doing enough to prevent Republicans from doing this," but they are not the one doing this. So once the #bothsider plan is executed, black people don't vote, Trump is back in office, and follows through with his plans to eliminate all programs that "specifically help black people" because that discriminates against whites.

What's the next step? Let me guess, the democrat party will then cater to the needs of black people and black people only? Too late then, laws have been changed, the Courts have been filled with MAGA conservative judges, Federal/civil services jobs have been filled with MAGA loyalist as promised in Project 2025.

And it's not like Democrats start catering to only black people, black people start voting again, and Democrats are magically back in office. As I mentioned, election laws have changed, the Democrat party has alienated other groups because of the promise to cater to ONLY the needs of blacks; so now you got the promises, but no political power, because the black agenda Democrats can't get elected.

I know you will scream to the top of your lungs "fukk both parties." But ultimately, the result of the #Bothsider plan is to concede power to Republicans, blacks become more marginalized and demonized, and we just accept it.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
The courts are my interests, and there is a difference between a conservative leaning court and the one I referenced.
2 of Trumps 3 appointments could have easily been Obama's. The RBG pick was pushed in hopes of a Hillary Presidency, and Dems let McConnell flat out steal the Garland pick. What are you expecting different this time? If you are using faith to hope for change? Great. Just state that, but given the Dem's past, its not based on logic and observation.

Tair

Superstar
Daps

DEI destroyer in chief? Trump vows to crush 'anti-white' racism if he wins 2024 election

Like I said in another thread, how exactly does the Trump team promising to stomp out "anti-White" racism and eliminate any programs/initiatives in which white people can't benefit, help out black people? Bothsiders primary complaint is "tangibles." But Trump is guaranteeing that there will be no tangibles that "specifically benefit black people; on the contrary, he is saying that any benefits that exist today for blacks will be taken away.

Now I know your default is to blame Democrats for "not doing enough to prevent Republicans from doing this," but they are not the one doing this. So once the #bothsider plan is executed, black people don't vote, Trump is back in office, and follows through with his plans to eliminate all programs that "specifically help black people" because that discriminates against whites.

What's the next step? Let me guess, the democrat party will then cater to the needs of black people and black people only? Too late then, laws have been changed, the Courts have been filled with MAGA conservative judges, Federal/civil services jobs have been filled with MAGA loyalist as promised in Project 2025.

And it's not like Democrats start catering to only black people, black people start voting again, and Democrats are magically back in office. As I mentioned, election laws have changed, the Democrat party has alienated other groups because of the promise to cater to ONLY the needs of blacks; so now you got the promises, but no political power, because the black agenda Democrats can't get elected.

I know you will scream to the top of your lungs "fukk both parties." But ultimately, the result of the #Bothsider plan is to concede power to Republicans, blacks become more marginalized and demonized, and we just accept it.

Democrats would never do that though if Black people dropped out of the process. Black people would be considered a non-factor so they'd have to appeal more to the center. Anyone worth their political salt knows this.

If we want tangibles, we have to do the work prior to election season, in election season, and after election season. Screaming into the void "tangibles, no vote" is about the laziest form of activism that I just write those people off as unserious.

2 of Trumps 3 appointments could have easily been Obama's. The RBG pick was pushed in hopes of a Hillary Presidency, and Dems let McConnell flat out steal the Garland pick. What are you expecting different this time? If you are using faith to hope for change? Great. Just state that, but given the Dem's past, its not based on logic and observation.

1st point is just pointless speculation and isn't worth responding to because Obama never nominated any of Trump's picks.

What could have Obama done against McConnell?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

You wrote all that and still think the democrats are gonna save us????:laff: you keep bringing up the republicans but lets stay on topic the dems have failed... Every other group gets tangibles but dont vote we the only group that votes like a block and get nothing specific for us... SO IF IT TAKES THE DEMS AND THE COUNTRY BURNING IN HELL... Then so be it...:manny: what are we gonna get specifically for putting biden back in office!?!

NOTHING RIGHT???...THEN... :sas2:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Trillions in government spending gets pushed through without any say from voters, every fiscal year. Reparations, Student Loan forgiveness, Raised federal minimum wage, or nationalized healthcare can all be pushed through a Reconciliation bill with zero opposition from Republicans. Dems simply don't want to do it. Facts don't lie.

You gotta be kidding me.

This is a complete lie.