ROH Folding?

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
On the latest WOR podcast, Meltzer said ROH won't be running with a contracted crew. They'll essentially be an independent promotion relying on independent talent. He said if they have people on TV doing programs, they won't be able to protect them from going to AEW, WWE, or Impact.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The Patient was in the hospice for awhile

I commend ROH for paying people during the pandemic but they didnt have the money like AEW/WWE to do that (who ironically were the only ones who kept going cause they had tv to pay people)

Legacy wise this is probably the most signifcant end of a promotion since WCW? Im not saying it was as big but in terms of influence obviously they shaped the wrestling landscape past 20 years in terms of in ring. Im not sure why Sinclair never tried to make them grow or give them a good deal for TV. They were at a level aside from a few supercards.

Theres plenty of options for the talent but I wonder if they completely shutdown who'll compete for their library.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
FCvOg7JXEAoZHUd

The language is virtually identical. :picard:

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is an opportunity for another promotion to start up out of this. Scale wise not AEW size but MLW-ish? Why not?

Bray Wyatt, Braun, some independent names, a dozen of the best ROH guys, etc, and you have something I think...

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I’m out of the loop. What did Bubba do or say? And what happened at MSG?

Enzo and Cass jumped the rail and got stomped down. ROH booked the angle and didn't bother to tell anyone representing New Japan that it was happening, which pissed them off. Led to Tama No fukks Given Tonga throwing the belt across a room and shytting on the company afterwards. Also led to whatever angle they had for Cass/Enzo being dropped by ROH.

Says he was angry at ROH for the Enzo and Cass stunt at G1 Supercard:

“I was fukking pissed. I was very fukking pissed. I wasn’t mad at them, no I wasn’t mad at them, I was fukking pissed off at ROH for pulling a stunt like that and not letting New Japan know. This ain’t your fukking show. You don’t disrespect us like that. That’s just pure disrespect to come on somebody else’s show, not tell them what you’re going to do, and you just pull it off like it’s your fukking show, so yeah, I was very fukking upset.”

Tama Tonga Says He Was F***ing Pissed At ROH For Enzo and Cass Stunt At G1 Supercard: "You Don't Disrespect Us Like That"

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Time for Master P to officially get in the game:shaq:

UUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH NA NA NA NAAAAAAAAA:mjlit:

This might actually be the first time that you've brought up HOG and the idea you pitched hasn't seemed like a complete pipe dream. :ehh:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
There is an opportunity for another promotion to start up out of this. Scale wise not AEW size but MLW-ish? Why not?

Bray Wyatt, Braun, some independent names, a dozen of the best ROH guys, etc, and you have something I think...

Current ROH Roster on October 26th 2021 - Ring of Honor: Rosters History Database - Pro Wrestling Database
I dont know how reliable Smackdown hotel (:mjlol:) is as a quick stop source for the current rosters of different promotions but it shows theres like 81 on air talent under contract at ROH as of October 26th (this includes TV presenters, commentators, managers so maybe exclude them). Ive noticed some people here are already on TV in other promotions (Alex Zane, Chelsea Green, Willow) so they'll be okay and tv people/managers might get something.
I saw that Bandido and the Briscoes have appeared on GCW. I dont quite know what GCW situation is (they run special ppv stream shows every month like 2-3 a month but no weekly show) Im guessing with this situation they have a chance to contract people for like regular shows but really I dont know if they have a set up for a weekly promo roster

I dont know if anyone is gonna wanna start another small promotion coming out of the pandemic (Well its Wrestling someone will but how they are gonna make revenue or have bankroll I dont know)

Looking at the different rosters, the smallest contracted roster is NWA with only 28 ppl, Ive seen ROH/Impact brehs and brehettes on their and they are some contracted ROH people already there (homicide) Maybe Billy Corgan will bulk the up roster? RoH does have that tradition thing NWA likes :ld:

GCW and NWA might have the most space I'd say to pick some people up and then everyone else can go to Impact or MLW.

Im working on the assumption that AEW wont have space for a few more months and WWE doesnt wanna hire indies. Some could work overseas if the situation is stable (aka less uncertain like the UK scene)