ROH Folding?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
AEW better get the rights to All In right away. Only makes sense

That probably wont happen for a minute as officially ROH hasnt folded

But thats honestly whats the biggest value here, the tape library and rights cause the actual wresters are independent contractors who have bookings with other promos or can get them

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That probably wont happen for a minute as officially ROH hasnt folded

But thats honestly whats the biggest value here, the tape library and rights cause the actual wresters are independent contractors who have bookings with other promos or can get them

I imagine ROH folding honor club up so they don’t have any use for the footage of All In other than it’s sentimental value to AEW or a spite purchase from WWE.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
AEW & NXT took their best talent and put most of them on bigger stages and either made them stars or more relevant.

I remember ROH used to come on late night around 2-3 am on Sundays for a few years then they stopped airing. Being on in that time slot didn't help their problems either.

I never really checked for ROH b/c the tv market for wrestling at that time was oversaturated (it still is) but by the time I caught ROH it was just stagnant and this was way before AEW was on the come up.

ROH is more than likely done.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

If this is what ROH is going to be moving forward I could see them working out a deal with TK to have some of the AEW roster who are either not heavily involved in storylines or new wrestlers needing more seasoning outside of Dark+Elevation be sent to ROH for a specific amount of time which would allow ROH to plan storylines and not have to worry about dudes disappearing without notice because they have new or better gigs lined up.
Most AEW wrestlers already take indie gigs as it is but this would create a new avenue to develop workrate or angles.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Current ROH Roster on October 26th 2021 - Ring of Honor: Rosters History Database - Pro Wrestling Database
I dont know how reliable Smackdown hotel (:mjlol:) is as a quick stop source for the current rosters of different promotions but it shows theres like 81 on air talent under contract at ROH as of October 26th (this includes TV presenters, commentators, managers so maybe exclude them). Ive noticed some people here are already on TV in other promotions (Alex Zane, Chelsea Green, Willow) so they'll be okay and tv people/managers might get something.
I saw that Bandido and the Briscoes have appeared on GCW. I dont quite know what GCW situation is (they run special ppv stream shows every month like 2-3 a month but no weekly show) Im guessing with this situation they have a chance to contract people for like regular shows but really I dont know if they have a set up for a weekly promo roster

I dont know if anyone is gonna wanna start another small promotion coming out of the pandemic (Well its Wrestling someone will but how they are gonna make revenue or have bankroll I dont know)

Looking at the different rosters, the smallest contracted roster is NWA with only 28 ppl, Ive seen ROH/Impact brehs and brehettes on their and they are some contracted ROH people already there (homicide) Maybe Billy Corgan will bulk the up roster? RoH does have that tradition thing NWA likes :ld:

GCW and NWA might have the most space I'd say to pick some people up and then everyone else can go to Impact or MLW.

Im working on the assumption that AEW wont have space for a few more months and WWE doesnt wanna hire indies. Some could work overseas if the situation is stable (aka less uncertain like the UK scene)
The ROH website has a current roster list.

As for ROH guys going to NWA, these are the people who I think are most likely to make NWA their home:

The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser+Brawler Milonas)
Angelina Love
The Briscoes
Kenny King
Maria Kanelis
Mike Bennett
Silas Young

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The ROH website has a current roster list.

As for ROH guys going to NWA, these are the people who I think are most likely to make NWA their home:

The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser+Brawler Milonas)
Angelina Love
The Briscoes
Kenny King
Maria Kanelis
Mike Bennett
Silas Young

Only about 55 active on the roster and 8 future of honor and a lot of them look like they gonna go AEW/NWA/MLW/Japan/Impact anyway:ehh:

Yeah I think NWA has most space for them. Interesting to see what Billy Corgan does.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
One less place for people to work is never good, WWE and AEW can't sign everyone so someone will be on the outside of regular check.

All I can say is that some of those guys can go to Japan maybe since everyone is cutting down on covid restrictions.

The overall bottom line is AEW and WWE are the top promotions in the U.S. everybody else is far behind. Impact can use some help. NWA can definitely use some help after getting their roster raided to shyt during the pandemic.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
ROH on HDnet was still decent but when they moved to Sinclair that’s when it really got bad. When it was on tv the presentation was low budget even for an indie promotion.

I haven’t watched ROH since the mid 10’s so I haven’t been keeping up but I’m not surprised by any of this. The pandemic just sped up the process of them closing down they’re doors.