Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Expect a primitive bug society to be the scientific masterminds behind the most technologically advanced weapon in the galaxy breh.

At least the long necks who did all the cloning looked like a highly advanced technological people.
So you don't think they are smart enough? Sounding mighty :mjpls:

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Wasn't the height of his powers as anakin
He wasn't as nifty with a light saber, but Vader at this point should be more powerful overall with the force. Being able to move and crush the environment around him and block blaster shots with his bare hands... Lucas himself said Vader was 80% of Sidious in power. I don't see Episode III Anakin being on that level

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Geonosians had crazy weapons technology. They had a hive mind controlled by a queen and could produce technology in large numbers. They built the droid army. And we've never seen these worlds either. New environs for Star Wars. I like tight little stories like this with an epic purpose. Its almost Star Wars like.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Expect a primitive bug society to be the scientific masterminds behind the most technologically advanced weapon in the galaxy breh.

At least the long necks who did all the cloning looked like a highly advanced technological people.

We don't know exactly which part they played in building it, but I guess you saw where they lived /grew up at/made a few deals amd they drew blood at amd made all of your assumptions based on that huh:mjpls:
No he's stronger as Vader part of that is wisdom and experience

Anakin was absolutely more powerful than Vader, that is why the Emperor tries replacing him with Luke.

In Episode III Palpatine believes Anakin will become more powerful than himself and Yoda. Obi-Wan cripples Anakin physically and mentally.

Vader is probably stronger in the darkside, but Anakin would body him. In the The Making of Revenge of the Sith, George Lucas responded to the question of whether Mace Windu brought a weak group of Jedi with him for the confrontation with Palpatine by replying that "one would have to be either Windu or Yoda to compete with Palpatine," and that if Anakin had suffered none of his injuries, he could have beaten the Emperor.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
We don't know exactly which part they played in building it, but I guess you saw where they lived /grew up at/made a few deals amd they drew blood at amd made all of your assumptions based on that huh:mjpls:

Anakin was absolutely more powerful than Vader, that is why the Emperor tries replacing him with Luke.

In Episode III Palpatine believes Anakin will become more powerful than himself and Yoda. Obi-Wan cripples Anakin physically and mentally.

Vader is probably stronger in the darkside, but Anakin would body him. In the The Making of Revenge of the Sith, George Lucas responded to the question of whether Mace Windu brought a weak group of Jedi with him for the confrontation with Palpatine by replying that "one would have to be either Windu or Yoda to compete with Palpatine," and that if Anakin had suffered none of his injuries, he could have beaten the Emperor.
Pre Mustafar Vader had significantly more potential than post Mustafar Vader ("1.6 times Sidious"), but ROTS Vader still wasn't even close to his full potential, so I would assume that OT era Vader was as powerful or more powerful than ROTS Vader. With Luke, the Emperor had someone who had the potential of pre Mustafar Vader.

Last edited:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Pre Mustafar Vader had significantly more potential than post Mustafar Vader, but ROTS Vader still wasn't even close to his full potential, so I would assume that OT era Vader was as powerful or more powerful than ROTS Vader. With Luke, the Emperor had someone who had the potential of pre Mustafar Vader.

OT Vader is more trained in the darkside but I would still argue he's actually further away from his potential than he was in Episode III.

His takedown of Dooku and fighting Obi-Wan was really on some other shyt, Obi-Wan really only defeated him because he was smarter than him ("I have failed you Anakin, I never could teach you how to THINK").

Suit-Vader is crippled both physically and mentally (adding the loss of Padme and his guilt). He's probably still one of the most powerful Jedi/Sith ever, but I will always argue that the Anakin who fought Dooku would absolutely give him the beats.

According to George this Anakin could've defeated the Emperor.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OT Vader is more trained in the darkside but I would still argue he's actually further away from his potential than he was in Episode III.

His takedown of Dooku and fighting Obi-Wan was really on some other shyt, Obi-Wan really only defeated him because he was smarter than him ("I have failed you Anakin, I never could teach you how to THINK").

Suit-Vader is crippled both physically and mentally (adding the loss of Padme and his guilt). He's probably still one of the most powerful Jedi/Sith ever, but I will always argue that the Anakin who fought Dooku would absolutely give him the beats.

According to George this Anakin could've defeated the Emperor.

The comics reveal a little bit of why Vader at 'this'(Rogue One) might be at his most powerful if you really believe what the Sith themselves keep preaching about the dark side. Of course, they can't let those facts get in the way.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Wasn't the height of his powers as anakin

Nope because once he gave himself to the Darkside he focused on increasing his knowledge of the force. As Anakin that was all natural talent and arrogence, as Vader it was natural talent and knowledge. Vader doesn't even need to use his saber (Like Yoda), that's how knowledgable he is with the force. The only thing Anakin had over Vader was that he was still 100% flesh and wasn't half man and half machine.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang

Even though Vader will never be as agile and quick as he was on Mustafar, he's gotten stronger than Palpatine ever thought he would.

In the canon comics Palpatine has tried killing Vader by sending bounty hunters, getting new pupils, sending him on suicide missions and everytime he came back stronger.

The heavy suit, years of killing off the remaining jedi, and becoming a powerful force user made Vader become stronger so that Palpatine finally accepted him as a person that could eventually take over.