Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Even though Vader will never be as agile and quick as he was on Mustafar, he's gotten stronger than Palpatine ever thought he would.

In the canon comics Palpatine has tried killing Vader by sending bounty hunters, getting new pupils, sending him on suicide missions and everytime he came back stronger.

The heavy suit, years of killing off the remaining jedi, and becoming a powerful force user made Vader become stronger so that Palpatine finally accepted him as a person that could eventually take over.

I need to read that comic :ohhh:

Is the new one that just ended this week? :feedme:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Same reason it took so long to get to the first iPhone and only 2 years to get to the next one.

The death star couldn't have been conceived and built overnight. You know how once in awhile you'll come across a story where some tech scientist is talking about shyt that's in development but we won't really see for awhile?

How long have they been working on the VR shyt? Probably YEARS!

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Even though Vader will never be as agile and quick as he was on Mustafar, he's gotten stronger than Palpatine ever thought he would.

In the canon comics Palpatine has tried killing Vader by sending bounty hunters, getting new pupils, sending him on suicide missions and everytime he came back stronger.

The heavy suit, years of killing off the remaining jedi, and becoming a powerful force user made Vader become stronger so that Palpatine finally accepted him as a person that could eventually take over.
:ohhh:

I haven't followed the canon-literature, my non-canon collection looking at me like :mjcry:

If so I stand corrected, moviewise ANH Vader is definitely not on ROTS Anakin level. His most impressive feat is forcechoking a dude that's on another ship in space:ehh:

In a one on one with Anakin he'd be toast.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Gareth Edwards talks Krennic and Vader, plus ticket pre-sale info coming soon • Making Star Wars

A Star Wars Story
Gareth Edwards talks Krennic and Vader, plus ticket pre-sale info coming soon
By Amanda Ward (administrator) | October 25, 2016
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/10/g...lus-ticket-pre-sale-info-coming-soon/#respond
USA Today has more really interesting details about December’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. This time Brian Truitt sat down with director Gareth Edwards who spilled a little on Director Krennic’s accent and personality and what it was like directing Darth Vader.

Star Wars fans are are familiar with the very posh Grand Moff Tarkin but Edwards says Krennic is much more of a everyman’s Imperial leader:

Edwards recalls Mendelsohn asking if he should adopt “a very posh English accent.” But the director preferred Krennic, the man in charge of the advanced weapons research wing of the Imperial military, not be a part of that boys club.

“It feels like if the Empire ever have a job vacancy, they go to the Royal Shakespeare Company to headhunt people,” Edwards says. “I like the idea that Ben’s character was much more working-class” and rose in the ranks “through sheer force of personality and ideas.”

image-18.jpeg

It’s not all sunshine and roses for dear Director Krennic though, as it appears he doesn’t fit in too well with his comrades:

That said, the director adds, Krennic “hits a brick wall in the hierarchy where they won’t let him in the club and it’s going to turn into a them-or-us situation: either Krennic or Tarkin and the others.”

I’m particularly interested in that little tidbit as we will get to learn a lot more about a younger Director Krennic and his old pal Galen Erso in the upcoming novel Rogue One: Catalyst, out November 15th. Pre-order on Amazon.

On working with Darth Vader on set, Edwards said everyone couldn’t help but be a little starstruck:

“It’s like we’re at the playground again and there’s this hero sort of standing there,” Edwards says. “You end up very respectful of him: Even though you know there’s a guy inside the outfit, you still talk to him like he’s Vader.”

Check out the rest of the interview over at USA Today.

In ticket sale news, the official IMAX Twitter tweeted the following out today:

We’ve got a mission for you. Tune into The #StarWars Show tomorrow at 12pm PT for an IMAX reveal! #RogueOne https://t.co/me9d1pr7pV pic.twitter.com/qUakmfDrMx

— IMAX (@IMAX) October 25, 2016

Jason said ticket says should be starting the first week of November, so here’s hoping tomorrow is an announcement of a firm date!

GOT within the Empire? :patrice: