Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The Force was always on some mystical, spiritual vibe. There was no need to try and quantify who was open to it with a blood test. I feel the same way about Yoda; there was no need to show him flipping around and using a lightsaber.

Obi-Wan in ANH: "It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us and binds the galaxy together."

Yoda in ROTJ: "Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship."
Yeah I didn't like the midocholorians shyt either. The idea of the force, sith, jedi always felt more abstract and spiritual

CHL

Superstar
Daps

jordanlaugh.gif

Grandfather :russ:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when yoda refers to us as luminous beings, what else would he be referring to if not the spiritual realm?

the force is an overt metaphor symbolic of a higher power, that much is obvious. "may the force be with you" all but directly translates to "may god be with you"... or "may god bless you". everyone who believes, key word believes in the force in the star wars universe
refers to it as an unseeable, intangible, all powerful, all knowing, all seeing "field of energy" that exists in all life.
From what I read Lucas developed the concept of midi chlorians in the late 70s before Empire Strikes Back was released.
You can believe in the force as spiritual thing just like people today still believe a God made and allowed this and that to happened. However that doesnt change the fact that we have scientific explanations for them.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The cinematography in this one IMO looks better than any of the others I've seen.

Please don't flame me.

Obviously it could turn out to not be that way.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
From what I read Lucas developed the concept of midi chlorians in the late 70s before Empire Strikes Back was released.
You can believe in the force as spiritual thing just like people today still believe a God made and allowed this and that to happened. However that doesnt change the fact that we have scientific explanations for them.

what is the point of noah's arc if there is a scientific explanation for it.

star wars works best as mythology, leave the science for star trek.

CHL

Superstar
Daps

That's the thing, there is no point for Noah's arc :mjlol:

Let's not turn Star Wars into religious mumbo jumbo when it doesn't need to be

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That's the thing, there is no point for Noah's arc :mjlol:

Let's not turn Star Wars into religious mumbo jumbo when it doesn't need to be

you're kidding right? there's no religious or mythological influence in star wars now?

anakin being the messiah and conceived by the force didn't spell it out for you?

CHL

Superstar
Daps
you're kidding right? there's no religious or mythological influence in star wars now?

anakin being the messiah and conceived by the force didn't spell it out for you?
There's nothing "religious" in the sense of their being some imaginary unexplainable singular deity you pray too.

And conceived by Plagueis you mean :sas2:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

In the story of Noah an all powerful god exist.
In Star Wars, science exist and a biblical god (if there is one) is just a story

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
This shyt better not fukking pull a Suicide Squad or else I'm gonna be heated:fire:

Getting excited over the trailers and screen shots only to get a mess of a movie is making me lose faith

black-kid-crying-gif.gif