Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Ezra

Daps
they better make Darth Plagueis novel canon and start making mention of midiclorians if they take it back to the Jedi's heydays. fukk the haters:demonic:
Mediclorians is the WOAT part of SW canon. The ways of The Force isnt something that can or should be quantified. :troll:

Plaguies is the best Legends book though and should be canon.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mediclorians is the WOAT part of SW canon. The ways of The Force isnt something that can or should be quantified. :troll:

Plaguies is the best Legends book though and should be canon.
Any new canon the story group tries make with Plagueis will be vastly inferior and pointless compared to the novel. The author was even bouncing around ideas with Lucas for the development of the novel.

Ezra

Daps
Plagues is already canon. Sidius mentions him in the prequels. Not sure how they'd reintroduce him, but - Luceno is writing Catalyst, so maybe he is brought up in that.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plagues is already canon. Sidius mentions him in the prequels. Not sure how they'd reintroduce him, but - Luceno is writing Catalyst, so maybe he is brought up in that.
I'm mean any new story they choose for a backstory if the novel remains noncanon. The same with Palpatine's backstory which was also brought to light in the novel

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:skip:oh really. WHY was this made. It adds nothing to the overall story. We know what's going to happen, we know the goal, we know the significance of it ... all without having to see 2 be movie.

Y'all hate the prequels but it expanded the universe and answered questions the begged to be answered. Was anyone actually waiting 40 years to find out the events that lead to the rebel Intel? What I wanna see is where Luke learned to pilot or how the life and times of the guy who sold Han the falcon:skip:

Better yet just take a random star wars rebels episode and made a big budget movie about it:blessed::blessed:
shyt is like a dlc expansion instead of a new movie.:lolbron:

Looks :russell:

After star wars: the pandering awakens it's been obvious disney is using this as an atm and isn't interested in telling new stories.

They actually making a Han solo film and Boba fett film. :dead: The pandering will never stop.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Oh. Right.should have guessed that :lolbron:

How did you find the prequels pandering out of curiosity? I don't necessarily disagree just kind of :jbhmm:

Well the very first line from Obi-Wan is "I've got a bad feeling about this" :heh:

Also, Jar Jar, Yoda with a lightsaber, the Emperor with a lightsaber, everybody with a lightsaber, Jango Fett, baby Boba Fett, Death Star plans, etc.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Well the very first line from Obi-Wan is "I've got a bad feeling about this" :heh:

Also, Jar Jar, Yoda with a lightsaber, the Emperor with a lightsaber, everybody with a lightsaber, Jango Fett, baby Boba Fett, Death Star plans, etc.
I choose to pretend jar jar doesn't exist :mjcry:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

To be fair Star Wars has been product whore from the beginning. The Ewoks werent even named in Returned, the toys named them. We saw the prequels coming because the OT start with episode 4. No matter what you feel about the prequels, it expanded the universe and added new stories and filled in blank spaces that begged to be filled.

Lucas fukked it up because he couldnt tell what the best parts of his franchise was because of his inability to let people give their input. In 10+ when stans look back at this, they'll say Disney fukked up because they are pandering to ppl who see these films regardless. Im mean there are folks out here who still being Force awakens has little in common with New Hope :dahell:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Lucas signing that toy deal was the first thing he did and the most important reason he wanted to keep the rights.

The main reason EMPIRE has a whole lineup of Bounty Hunters was to sell toys.

Again a case of prequels getting bashed for something the OGs did first.

CHL

Superstar
Daps

The Death Star plans? Seems like an important tie in.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:yeshrug: Prequel films opened up the whole Star Wars universe.
If only Lucas couldve got Steven Spielberg to direct Phantom Menace and other directors to direct the other two.