Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Lmao at faith. You need to be calm, concentrate etc but this ain't fukking Christianity or Islam :pachaha:

"The force is strong in my family"

That's BLOOD, not faith.

And it didn't come from the prequels :sas1:

"The Emperor knew as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring they would be a threat to the Empire" :sas2:

"Sister....so you have a twin sister. Obi-Wan 's failure is now complete, if you will not turn then perhaps she will"

"The force is strong in this one" etc etc

I guess Anakin passed on his "faith" to his kids. Do y'all even know y'all OGs.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The degree of someone's connection to the Force has nothing to do with their "faith", whatever you mean by that word anyway.

Basically.

If it was faith based they could've taken any random kid or stormtrooper and brainwashed them into "believing" in the force tk become the next Sith.

Why did they need Luke/Leia so badly :jbhmm:

The fact that they're checking midichlorians shows that the Jedi Order, by Episode I, had become a noble/good but bureaucratic institution that relied on rules and regulations moreso than instinct and intuition.

That's why Qui-Gon broke the mold and became the first ghost, he was in tune with the living force. He KNEW Anakin was important and tried using the midichlorian reading to convince the council. When they didn't budge he said "aight then fukk it I'll train him anyway :umad:
"
Prequel original storytelling expanding the Star Wars lore :blessed:

Those discussions on taxations :sadcam:

Last edited:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's the point of this movie? Story wise I don't see why it was made. They really made a movie about another movie's mcguffin
I actually agree with you I hate when they try to flesh out a story to much but thats just me it usually takes something away from stuff that is already established or over explains stuff but you know Disney is going to make 50 star wars movies over the next 10-15 years lol.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The jedi order forbade all personal
Attachments because it will lead you into the other of the daarkside much like the the color spectrum of the lanterns. You gotta be an emotionally stable muthafukka not to fall onto the path of the daarkside. shyt was like poison.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the force isn't built on faith?:leostare:
giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The degree of someone's connection to the Force has nothing to do with their "faith", whatever you mean by that word anyway.

when yoda refers to us as luminous beings, what else would he be referring to if not the spiritual realm?

the force is an overt metaphor symbolic of a higher power, that much is obvious. "may the force be with you" all but directly translates to "may god be with you"... or "may god bless you". everyone who believes, key word believes in the force in the star wars universe
refers to it as an unseeable, intangible, all powerful, all knowing, all seeing "field of energy" that exists in all life.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
"The Emperor knew as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring they would be a threat to the Empire" :sas2:

if obi wan and yoda got murked before the events of ANH, luke might have gone his entire life not even knowing what the force was. when we first meet him he doesn't know how to do jack shyt.

luke didn't inherit anakin's powers or abilities, he inherited his potential.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
how can you measure someone's faith by taking a sample of their blood? :dwillhuh:

It's a measurement to see who has Force potential, and was really only added because Lucas decided Anakin would be Space Jesus.

The jedi order forbade all personal
Attachments

And that was dumb too, created to add an obstacle to the Padme/Anakin story

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Damn man I just got the news. Holy Sh!t. R2 is really offline perminately. Man he's one of the GOAT Characters in Star Wars. This is terrible. I don't care how they CGI him in the future, it's not the same. End of an Era. R2 for life man. Peace Kenny Baker, not a single line of dialouge but became one of the most loved characers ever. You with the Force Gods now R2. Kenny also played an ewok in "Return of the Jedi"

latest

9MqG6.gif

Force_Awakens_GIF.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

kenny-baker-and-george-lucas.jpgw670

Last edited: