Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
A Yoda Spin Off would be the closest to the Old Republic we would get. I just don't see them making an Old Republic in Live Action movie. Television show? Maybe but not movie. Love the games and animated shorts and it's not that I don't think it would translate into a great film. I just think when you do the movies, it has to be connected to the main storyline which is the Skywalkers. This is the debate I had about what happen with Finn, though I actually agreed with some of the complaints, I defended the character arc because I understood he was just a piece in the Skywalker puzzle. (But some of you had some points they could of showed him doing more)

Even "Rogue One" has Skywalker ties. The Han Prequel he wouldn't have met the Skywalkers yet but we know how connected he is to them. So since Anakin was created by the force, there would be nobody in the old Republic connected to them. A Yoda film takes us near the Old Republic timeframe without losing a Key Character connected to the Skywalkers. I think you could tell the Sith and Jedi origins in the Yoda film through flashbacks while telling the main story of Yoda finding the force and the jedi ways.

that'll work .. tie the fall of the sith into yoda ... he single handedly defeated the sith .. (joking) and they went into hiding doing the rule of 2.. it can end with 2 sith shown in cave training.. it could be darth (whoever) and a darth rom the EU

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps

Did you not realize that we were talking about Star Wars? Hence why I gave descriptions of star wars characters (Luke, Han and Lando) going through adversity? We're in a star wars thread man, I already said the Alien series was amazing and i'm pretty sure Ripley was choked by the android in the first movie.

I don't want to see another Rey, wonder womaning her way through the movie is my point. Her character was ridiculous, especially in contrast to the overly weak black male character.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Did you not realize that we were talking about Star Wars? Hence why I gave descriptions of star wars characters (Luke, Han and Lando) going through adversity? We're in a star wars thread man, I already said the Alien series was amazing and i'm pretty sure Ripley was choked by the android in the first movie.

I don't want to see another Rey, wonder womaning her way through the movie is my point. Her character was ridiculous, especially in contrast to the overly weak black male character.

You said these "new breed of women characters" in a general sense. But OK, since we're talking about Star Wars, yes, I would like to see more struggle as well. I also felt Rey was a Mary Sue and said so several times. I'm not arguing with you there. I don't know if it has anything to do with her gender though. I really do feel like Disney "disneyfies" its heroes and gives them their props without struggle. The Disney hero journey has a history of being really shallow. They do that with their male characters too. Hopefully they'll listen to the feedback. People want to see a hero who earns that title.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Unless you have an inside scoop , this is called fanon. Star wars fanon makes up most of community's preoccupations. This film is being sold as the origin story of the rebel plans.
What? No I'm talking about actual, official canon. :russ:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I agree that this probably wasn't the "Best" Prequel Idea to go with but it's still very key to the entire plot of the franchise. Also this is basically "Star Wars: Battlefront, The Movie". We are finally getting a Star Wars War film. So for that I'll give it a pass. I'm not 100% sold on the Han prequel either. I've said from the beginning YODA is the only character that deserves a full fledge prequel movie. It would break records and gross just as much as the Episodes. We've all seen Yoda as an Old Legendary Wise Master. And Yes I like that Yoda is mysterious and we don't know everything about him. I think the Prequel should explain more of his backstory but still not tell everything. Like I don't want to know where Yoda was born or his speices. I like that it's unknown. It would be great to see him in his youth. He was already 900+ years old when we were introduced to him. Take the story back over 700-800 years and show us how Yoda became a Jedi or whatever. It would basically be Episode .05 or Episode 0 as it would take place before "Phantom Menace".
If that's Episode 0 what would you call a movie about the origins of the Jedi/Sith or Republic?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If that's Episode 0 what would you call a movie about the origins of the Jedi/Sith or Republic?

The Star Wars Universe is based around the Anakin Skywalker (The One) Prophecy. I would call the Yoda Film Episode 0 because it's entire storyline is pre-Phantom Menace and as I said could deal with the origins of Jedi and Sith. Yes in the Star Wars Extended Universe there are 1,000's of years pre Phantom Menace. So I agree that the storyline of the origins of Sith and Jedi is techinically Episode 0 because that's how the prophecy was formed during that battle. I'm talking strictly the movies. Lucas established this is a Skywalker Story and everything springs from that family.

The Yoda Prequel still works as we all know Yoda helped to Train Anakin and his final student was Luke Skywalker. So expanding his story also expands not only the Skywalker linage but also the Saga. It works as "Episode 0" because the movie should end with Yoda becoming a Jedi Master and when Anakin meets Yoda in "Episode I" he's the head of the Jedi Council at that point. The whole point of the prequel is expanding Yoda's backstory while showing the Historic Past of Star Wars. So honestly a Yoda Prequel would look closer to the Prequels than the Originals because of the time it takes place during the Prime of the Jedi Order and Council.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Explaining The Force as microscopic organisms that can measured was dumb, and so was having Anakin Skywalker be a Chosen One immaculate conception
It isn't like power levels. It's more of showing your potential of being in tuned with the force.
And why is it dumb? Jedi's just like us want to know what makes us us. No different than the discovery of cells, atoms, dna, etc.
It would be dumb if they just took it as is with no curiosity as to why and how.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
It isn't like power levels. It's more of showing your potential of being in tuned with the force.
And why is it dumb? Jedi's just like us want to know what makes us us. No different than the discovery of cells, atoms, dna, etc.
It would be dumb if they just took it as is with no curiosity as to why and how.

The Force was always on some mystical, spiritual vibe. There was no need to try and quantify who was open to it with a blood test. I feel the same way about Yoda; there was no need to show him flipping around and using a lightsaber.

Obi-Wan in ANH: "It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us and binds the galaxy together."

Yoda in ROTJ: "Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship."

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Force was always on some mystical, spiritual vibe. There was no need to try and quantify who was open to it with a blood test. I feel the same way about Yoda; there was no need to show him flipping around and using a lightsaber.

Obi-Wan in ANH: "It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us and binds the galaxy together."

Yoda in ROTJ: "Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship."
That doesn't discredit midi chlorians. The Force is all around but midi chlorians allows one to communicate with it.

The mysticism vibes comes from it not being explained in detail until the prequels and Clone Wars series.

The Jedi and Sith would of course study their physiology in the days of their prime.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That doesn't discredit midi chlorians. The Force is all around but midi chlorians allows one to communicate with it.

The mysticism vibes comes from it not being explained in detail until the prequels and Clone Wars series.

The Jedi and Sith would of course study their physiology in the days of their prime.

how can you measure someone's faith by taking a sample of their blood? :dwillhuh: