Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The general public aren't ready for an Old Republic or Pre Republic movie/trilogy. Lucasfilm needs to build in references to those periods in Rogue One, Episode 8, and several movies after that before considering such a move. And in Rogue One & Episode 8 for example there are several opportunities to do that.
they better make Darth Plagueis novel canon and start making mention of midiclorians if they take it back to the Jedi's heydays. fukk the haters:demonic:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trailer looks good.
"Brothas" in here :cape:for white female leads:shaq2:

Someone here said more white female leads will push more minority leads:mindblown:...:bryan:

lol @ 'brothas'.....anyway, no caping, and no i didnt say it would push more leads for minorities...what i said was hollywood is always looking for a way to put people in seats...since people are now talking with their money more about what they wanna see on the big screen, this is just one of those ways....they putting more women in leads cause that shyt is putting people in seats.....especially women, a demographic they trying to tap into......and when shyt like fast & furious does over a billion, hollywood pays attention....which will lead to more minorities being in lead roles as well cause they gonna want to put people in seats....which is cool with me cause i'm tired of the lead being a white male majority of the time....

CHL

Superstar
Daps
they better make Darth Plagueis novel canon and start making mention of midiclorians if they take it back to the Jedi's heydays. fukk the haters:demonic:
Yes :blessed:

And in terms of Darths considering Bane is already canon hopefully we get a Revan recanonization in Episode 8 or even Rogue One somehow

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
nikka what? It's about securing plans to the Death Star so they can figure out how to destroy it.
:skip:oh really. WHY was this made. It adds nothing to the overall story. We know what's going to happen, we know the goal, we know the significance of it ... all without having to see 2 be movie.

Y'all hate the prequels but it expanded the universe and answered questions the begged to be answered. Was anyone actually waiting 40 years to find out the events that lead to the rebel Intel? What I wanna see is where Luke learned to pilot or how the life and times of the guy who sold Han the falcon:skip:

Better yet just take a random star wars rebels episode and made a big budget movie about it:blessed::blessed:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
:skip:oh really. WHY was this made. It adds nothing to the overall story. We know what's going to happen, we know the goal, we know the significance of it ... all without having to see 2 be movie.

Y'all hate the prequels but it expanded the universe and answered questions the begged to be answered. Was anyone actually waiting 40 years to find out the events that lead to the rebel Intel? What I wanna see is where Luke learned to pilot or how the life and times of the guy who sold Han the falcon:skip:

Better yet just take a random star wars rebels episode and made a big budget movie about it:blessed::blessed:
There are several ways this can add to the overall story, but I won't get into spoilers

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

I agree that this probably wasn't the "Best" Prequel Idea to go with but it's still very key to the entire plot of the franchise. Also this is basically "Star Wars: Battlefront, The Movie". We are finally getting a Star Wars War film. So for that I'll give it a pass. I'm not 100% sold on the Han prequel either. I've said from the beginning YODA is the only character that deserves a full fledge prequel movie. It would break records and gross just as much as the Episodes. We've all seen Yoda as an Old Legendary Wise Master. And Yes I like that Yoda is mysterious and we don't know everything about him. I think the Prequel should explain more of his backstory but still not tell everything. Like I don't want to know where Yoda was born or his speices. I like that it's unknown. It would be great to see him in his youth. He was already 900+ years old when we were introduced to him. Take the story back over 700-800 years and show us how Yoda became a Jedi or whatever. It would basically be Episode .05 or Episode 0 as it would take place before "Phantom Menace".

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes :blessed:

And in terms of Darths considering Bane is already canon hopefully we get a Revan recanonization in Episode 8 or even Rogue One somehow
Like Thrawn, I'm sure Revan will pop up somewhere in new canon.

But I find it frustrating that they really don't want to touch on things mentioned in the prequel like midi-chlorians because of "My childhood :sadbron:" fans

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
There are several ways this can add to the overall story, but I won't get into spoilers
Unless you have an inside scoop , this is called fanon. Star wars fanon makes up most of community's preoccupations. This film is being sold as the origin story of the rebel plans.
. Following the foundation of the Galactice Empire, a wayward band of Rebel fighters come together to carry out a desperate mission: to steal the plans for the Death Star before it can be used to enforce the Emperor's rule

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Not one money shot in the trailer:russell:

Looks like a remixed Force Awakens (even using the same locales and aesthetic) as opposed to a Military flick :yeshrug:

The lead they've chosen is absolutely dreadful :mjlol:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I agree that this probably wasn't the "Best" Prequel Idea to go with but it's still very key to the entire plot of the franchise. Also this is basically "Star Wars: Battlefront, The Movie". We are finally getting a Star Wars War film. So for that I'll give it a pass. I'm not 100% sold on the Han prequel either. I've said from the beginning YODA is the only character that deserves a full fledge prequel movie. It would break records and gross just as much as the Episodes. We've all seen Yoda as an Old Legendary Wise Master. And Yes I like that Yoda is mysterious and we don't know everything about him. I think the Prequel should explain more of his backstory but still not tell everything. Like I don't want to know where Yoda was born or his speices. I like that it's unknown. It would be great to see him in his youth. He was already 900+ years old when we were introduced to him. Take the story back over 700-800 years and show us how Yoda became a Jedi or whatever. It would basically be Episode .05 or Episode 0 as it would take place before "Phantom Menace".

I agree .. the only spinoff I really care about is yoda and maybe the sith.... a sith movie about when they killed each other off and the rule of 2 started

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
lol @ 'brothas'.....anyway, no caping, and no i didnt say it would push more leads for minorities...what i said was hollywood is always looking for a way to put people in seats...since people are now talking with their money more about what they wanna see on the big screen, this is just one of those ways....they putting more women in leads cause that shyt is putting people in seats.....especially women, a demographic they trying to tap into......and when shyt like fast & furious does over a billion, hollywood pays attention....which will lead to more minorities being in lead roles as well cause they gonna want to put people in seats....which is cool with me cause i'm tired of the lead being a white male majority of the time....
Hollywood will absolutely not increase the amount of minorities in major lead roles:mjlol:

Fast and furious is an anomaly breh:francis:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
and that's all that you got out of that post. mufukka, if black folks want movies, then black folks should make movies, but what i'm complaining about is when they put the shyt in there JUST to try and say hey look out diverse we are.

So you rather adopt the rhetoric of butthurt white fanboys who hate to see any type of color in their fantasy shyt? Come on now...black people making movies requires people financing those movies. We should be working towards that goal, yes, but in the meantime, we should be trying to expand opportunities on all fronts and not supporting the anti-PC whiteboy cry about too much diversity.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I agree .. the only spinoff I really care about is yoda and maybe the sith.... a sith movie about when they killed each other off and the rule of 2 started

A Yoda Spin Off would be the closest to the Old Republic we would get. I just don't see them making an Old Republic in Live Action movie. Television show? Maybe but not movie. Love the games and animated shorts and it's not that I don't think it would translate into a great film. I just think when you do the movies, it has to be connected to the main storyline which is the Skywalkers. This is the debate I had about what happen with Finn, though I actually agreed with some of the complaints, I defended the character arc because I understood he was just a piece in the Skywalker puzzle. (But some of you had some points they could of showed him doing more)

Even "Rogue One" has Skywalker ties. The Han Prequel he wouldn't have met the Skywalkers yet but we know how connected he is to them. So since Anakin was created by the force, there would be nobody in the old Republic connected to them. A Yoda film takes us near the Old Republic timeframe without losing a Key Character connected to the Skywalkers. I think you could tell the Sith and Jedi origins in the Yoda film through flashbacks while telling the main story of Yoda finding the force and the jedi ways.