Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I loved Prometheus and copped the blu when it came out. I wanna see Alien: Covenant too :manny:

Prometheus was dope as shyt, the reason being - I liked the Alien flicks (3 and 4 got a little OD) but Prometheus is dope because it shows the start of all this shyt. can't wait for the sequel-prequel

Visually I thought Prometheus was very beautiful... I got the blu-ray too but the fukking story... I just :snoop: every time i think about it....

So much stupid shyt that happened to these people and the stupid shyt you think about in hindsight.... :snoop:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Wzj0ctt.jpg

IwLBz6j.jpg

4HrkaOV.jpg

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still haven't seen the trailer and have been able to avoid as much information about the plot and characters as possible. Just a few more months to go :sadcam: I got high hopes for this

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Have Donnie Yen beating up Stormtroopers with a stick in a universe that contains lightsabers breh.

Fukking Disney.

Rest looks piff

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Damn tell me this doesn't look like the Darkest Star Wars Film since "Empire" and "Sith". Again I don't know who this "Rouge One" girl is be she's obviously leading the show. Tied to Rey Maybe? Doubt they would do it but the timing of her character after Rey's is interesting. Again is another "Deathstar" repetitive? Sure. This will be the 8th Live Action Star Wars Film Theatrically Released. And most of the Episodes feature A Death Star in some form. But as I've said in this post. What this story atleast does is pay homage to Lucas original vision as the entire plot is based on "A New Hope" crawl.

This is now officially for better or for worst, the new Prequel to "A New Hope". It's not longer just a side story. Even though that Vader tease was just that. A TEASE. With that said ya'll know that sh!tt was still hard body. Vader breathing is hard and him looking at the digital blueprints was dope.. I actually like how this film was shot. Again Garaeth can be hit or miss and "Godzilla" was decent but I did like the scale of the film. I also like that we've never gotten an entire "Battle" or "War" Star Wars film. Lucas always only gave us snippets. Like getting these plans lead to the destruction of the Death Star by Luke. This was a very big part of Star Wars story. So i'm on board for sure. I honestly never hated on Lucas for doing the prequel reguardless of his execution because I understand he was expanding storytelling.

As hated on "Episode I" was , it's clearly one of the most influencial films in the last 20 years for prequel and backstory telling. "Rouge One" is again now a Prequel to "A New Hope" and a Sequel to "Revenge of the Sith". Think about that? Prequels and Reboot/Retelling of backstories are now a very big part of filmmaking today. "Rouge One" becomes the 4th "Star Wars" Prequel Live Action Film. With that said this could still be a confusing sale to audiences. I've talked to people that think this is the sequel to "Episode VII". And the marketing doesn't spell it out either way. Plus now they throwing in Vader. Clearly they know they need to get die hards. So Lord Vader himself is resurrected in a "Prequel" story. Played by James of course. If you going to bring Vader back then it better be worth it.

CpoQyvlUkAAnnJU.jpg

Last edited: