Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Movie was trash.

But it ended with a large expl0sion so it was partially redeemed.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It's a "Star Wars" movie that made over $1 billion....what the fukk world do you live in where nobody will talk about this and it'll be forgotten? :gucci:

I'm not even a fan of "Star Wars" but you sound crazy right now.

Fred.
bro, Bib Fortuna would make a billion off the SW name.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I can't say I'm that familiar with his posts but "nobody is going to care about this" is one of the most out of touch things I've ever read on this entire site.

Fred.
Will be the Incredible Hulk of the Star Wars Universe when all is said and done.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Will be the Incredible Hulk of the Star Wars Universe when all is said and done.

Terrible logic when "Hulk" made $263 mill (at the lower end spectrum of the MCU) and "Rogue One" made over $1 billion which is on the higher end of the "Star Wars" movies.

Just say you don't like the movie and KIM.

Fred.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Terrible logic when "Hulk" made $263 mill (at the lower end spectrum of the MCU) and "Rogue One" made over $1 billion which is on the higher end of the "Star Wars" movies.

Just say you don't like the movie and KIM.

Fred.
I did like it... enough. it's already fading, but it still had good shyt.

box office is not the point though. not trying to compare that. TIH was the 2nd movie in a cinematic universe no one knew was even a thing. We're talking about something with a STAR WARS name slapped to it in 2017. It was never not gonna make close to a billion, even without Vader. Just saying that in the end, all i think about Rogue One is "that was cool... completely unnecessary, but good enough." and the Vader shyt was either tacked on in reshoots b/c they got a little nervous, or the entire movie was just their way of putting Vader back on screen before JEJ dies.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I did like it... enough. it's already fading, but it still had good shyt.

box office is not the point though. not trying to compare that. TIH was the 2nd movie in a cinematic universe no one knew was even a thing. We're talking about something with a STAR WARS name slapped to it in 2017. It was never not gonna make close to a billion, even without Vader. Just saying that in the end, all i think about Rogue One is "that was cool... completely unnecessary, but good enough." and the Vader shyt was either tacked on in reshoots b/c they got a little nervous, or the entire movie was just their way of putting Vader back on screen before JEJ dies.

It seems like you're getting how you feel about the movie confused with how the movie was received. It just hit the 'net and the hype cycle is starting back up. Mind you, I'm not a Star Wars fan. Nobody in my immediate circle of friends is Star Wars fans. I went at it with Star Wars fans prior to "The Force Awakens" coming out. But this shyt ain't going anywhere, realistically. It'll continue to be a topic of pop culture conversations until the next one comes out.

I don't get your Vader complaints, either. I'm sure they were itching for a reason to put Vader in the movie but him showing up because people are trying to jack the Death Star plans isn't some crazy far-fetched shyt, it's what would happen. The opening scene of the first movie shows exactly that, which is why it bookends so well with "Rogue One".

Fred.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Lol wow. That's bad even for you conz.
oh I'm sure i've said much worse than the insinuation that Rogue One was a pointless stakes-less delivery system for 4 minutes of Darth Vader on screen.

We'll revist this in ten years when our loser asses are still posting on the next iteration of SOHH/Coli and you won't even remember 4 of the new characters' names from this one.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
We'll revist this in ten years when our loser asses are still posting on the next iteration of SOHH/Coli and you won't even remember 4 of the new characters' names from this one.

In 10 years from now we'll be waiting on a teaser for "Princess Leia: A Star Wars Story" :banderas:

It will feature an all cgi Leia learning from Bail Organa (still Jimmy Smits) about Padme and the Republic (prequel connection), it will have some callbacks to the OGs and the last 10 minutes features her getting classic hairbun done, only to have to escape as Vader storms in amd goes crazy on all the barbers for daring to give people the Padme haircuts :banderas::banderas::banderas:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
In 10 years from now we'll be waiting on a teaser for "Princess Leia: A Star Wars Story" :banderas:

It will feature an all cgi Leia learning from Bail Organa (still Jimmy Smits) about Padme and the Republic (prequel connection), it will have some callbacks to the OGs and the last 10 minutes features her getting classic hairbun done, only to have to escape as Vader storms in amd goes crazy on all the barbers for daring to give people the Padme haircuts :banderas::banderas::banderas:
this is actually my big fear. not expanding the universe. we'll probably be on Yoda 3.