Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Movie was C+ status, it was pretty bland and boring until the 3rd act. The whole movie seemed rushed though, they would be in one place for 5 mins then dip to another all while juggling different characters which made it hard to follow at some points.

All the characters were unforgettable imo and Jyn was probably one of the worst SW protag. She just stood around with her bytch face showing little to no emotion. The fukking robot was the only funny nikka in the whole movie and he wasn't even that funny :mjlol: Vader was cool but felt off for some reason, i think we needed him earlier in the movie or maybe we just needed some fukking Jedis. At least have Jyn find a saber and put the crystal around her neck to use. What was the purpose of them telling us that she has it? :gucci: fukking tease to put asses in seats. No more SW movies without lightsabers (the majority of the movie) or Jedis please

Jyn dying in a duel with Vader would be a way better ending then dying on the beach

I see your complaint, as I would prefer more jedi and light sabers too. But for the time this movie is set in there are no jedi for Vader to fight, so it is what it is. And Jynn vs Vader in a duel? :mjlol: That's a 3 second fight where he wouldn't even need to break out the saber to kill her. I was expecting him to come through and just wipe out the entire cast of the movie at the end, but I'm not mad a the more fair and honorable death direction they chose to go
For me Star Wars without jedi/sith/the force is definitely inferior to Star Trek, but this movie had enough of a connection to jedi & sith for me to enjoy. But I have no interest in that Han Solo movie though.:shaq2:
There's no reason to have any Vader on the big screen anymore either since the prequel to og bridge has been completlely finished... Having him hunt down and kill nameless jedi or go on excursions with Sidious can just be left to the comics and books

Last edited:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see your complaint, as I would prefer more jedi and light sabers too. But for the time this movie is set in there are no jedi for Vader to fight, so it is what it is. And Jynn vs Vader in a duel? :mjlol: That's a 3 second fight where he wouldn't even need to break out the saber to kill her. I was expecting him to come through and just wipe out the entire cast of the movie at the end, but I'm not mad a the more fair and honorable death direction they chose to go
For me Star Wars without jedi/sith/the force is definitely inferior to Star Trek, but this movie had enough of a connection to jedi & sith for me to enjoy. But I have no interest in that Han Solo movie though.:shaq2:
There's no reason to have any Vader on the big screen anymore either since the prequel to og bridge has been completlely finished... Having him hunt down and kill nameless jedi or go on excursions with Sidious can just be left to the comics and books

Comics and novels, hell no I want to see that on the big screen, that's why I'm sorta pissed they made rogue one...Rather see a Vader dominated movie because we never saw just how bad ass he was on film...The rogue one story could have been saved for the book

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
it was straight. Guess i got hyped by the coli or something cuz i expected a lot more. Think i realized from this movie that i really only care about the jedi's...laser shooting does nothing for me tbh only time i ever went :krs: was the vader hallway scene everything else was :ld: actually fell asleep on it and had to rewatch it too

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i gotta be the only person alive who thought the Vader stuff was fukkin stupid. i mean, the quick action shot at the end was cool, but i instantly went into "ah, so that's why this movie needed to exist" mode. "How do we get Darth Vader on screen again?" the earlier scene earlier in the movie with whatshisface was awful

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't sold on the Anthology series, but if this is what we can expect then I am sold. I enjoyed the movie.

This movie made me appreciate Luke Skywalker more :wow:

Whats the general consensus among Star Wars fans on TFA these days? Do people still love it? Do most folks consider Rogue one better? because after watching Rogue One it made me dislike TFA even more.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
i gotta be the only person alive who thought the Vader stuff was fukkin stupid. i mean, the quick action shot at the end was cool, but i instantly went into "ah, so that's why this movie needed to exist" mode. "How do we get Darth Vader on screen again?" the earlier scene earlier in the movie with whatshisface was awful
Yeah you're the only one. How lame is your life, dude?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
After the disappointment with episode 7 I waited for the 1080p rip to see Rouge One.

I made a thread saying this would be better and I was 100% right. It seems like because rogue one didn't have high expectations and revenue goals they had more freedom to be more creative.

It's also a tease because I feel like they should reboot the entire series. The prequels look even more :scusthov:

I also understand why they don't give Vader much screen time because he's just too unfukkwitable:wow:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I wasn't sold on the Anthology series, but if this is what we can expect then I am sold. I enjoyed the movie.

This movie made me appreciate Luke Skywalker more :wow:

Whats the general consensus among Star Wars fans on TFA these days? Do people still love it? Do most folks consider Rogue one better? because after watching Rogue One it made me dislike TFA even more.

Always thought TFA was a copyjob trash. Laziest movie in the saga. Rogue One shyts on it, but so do most of the movies.

By far my least favorite episode.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Yeah you're the only one. How lame is your life, dude?
not sure that would even correlate but ok...

they made another fukkin Death Star movie just so we can see Vader for 3 more minutes in imax. no one will talk about this movie when all is said done. it was fine, but it will be forgotten. i bet most people have already forgetton 75% of the characters' names.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

they made another fukkin Death Star movie just so we can see Vader for 3 more minutes in imax. no one will talk about this movie when all is said done. it was fine, but it will be forgotten. i bet most people have already forgetton 75% of the characters' names.
It's a "Star Wars" movie that made over $1 billion....what the fukk world do you live in where nobody will talk about this and it'll be forgotten? :gucci:

I'm not even a fan of "Star Wars" but you sound crazy right now.

Fred.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps

Honestly I came at you with history in my heart. Forgive me, family. I still think you are very wrong as the poster before me has clarified. But how dope that you expressed your views. OMG I love you.