Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
I feel as if theres a crituc biased towards these movies.

Some of the things any other movie would get killed for, seems like Star wars franchise gets a pass

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
This was a good movie.

Ultimately, I'm just glad that people are being awakened (pun intended) to the trash that was TFA. Y'all don't even understand :ohlawd:. I damn near had to fight the white people on my job when I told them that movie was a rubbish film in nearly every aspect of film-making or story telling. :wow:

Had to get extra militant eventually. I didn't even try to reason with them anymore -- just got on my Pacman Jones shyt.

"It's trash. :birdman:"

*looks around*

"It's trash. :birdman:"

They still be looking at me with the :mjpls::ufdup:when I give my opinion on a movie because I think TFA is an horrible effort.

I have fought a good fight. :whew:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
It's was really boring for the most part. The different planets all looked like earth and that's a first for Star Wars. Diego Luna had really a strange voice, everytime he talked it took me out of the movie.

Anyway, so I didn't care much for most of the setup and the characters initially, but once the movie gets to the actual plot of "a group of rebels attempt to steal the Death Star plans", it becomes the single greatest piece of Star Wars action ever put on screen. Out of nowhere the movie becomes thrilling, the stakes feel real and leave you in constant suspense, the action is engaging and it feels like a genuine star war is being fought. Every turn feels like it matters, every AT-AT that gets taken down feels like it pushes them closer to victory, every character that dies feels like the momentum shifts back to the Empire, it's an absolutely amazing battle that plays out on so many levels (above the planet, in the air, on the ground). As little as two minutes into the battle I sat there in awe wondering how the hell this so far average ass movie somehow turned into a fukking masterpiece of blockbuster entertainment within the blink of an eye. Remember that moment in Mad Max: Fury Road right after the car Max is on crashes in the storm and for the first time in a long time you get a breather, and the entire audience who had been completely silent in awe for its entire duration collectively took that massive breathe in exhilaration? The same thing happened here after this movie hits its abrupt on-the-nose ending right after two back-to-back scenes of pure fan service, confidently smash cutting into the credits like an arrogant exclamation point to the most thrilling Star Wars action sequence ever made. And they fukking earned that right tenfold!

I highly disagree with this.

Yes everything looks great but I did not care at all since I knew they'd send the plan and would be killed or captured and therefor had 0 stakes. The only way this movie works is by having great characters, since we knew their fate going in, and it did not happen. RLM touched on this in their review but this should've been Mission Impossible: Star Wars.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh i was watching it as i posted it

A nikka negged me for saying it

I was a big star wars fan

You cant critique or say shyt about these new movies without getting attacked

I didnt like tfa but at least it had a coherent story

Rogue One had two characters just show up and join tbe crew out of nowhere. i was paying attention but still got confused.

shyt sucked...maybe it was because of reshoots

Who joined the crew out of nowhere? Yen was a devout believer in following the will and intentions of the force which guided him to Jyn and the pilot. He felt Jyn's connection and she stood out to him so when he came across her later, he chose to save her. He then got imprisoned and felt the pilot's connection as well, realized fate was telling him something, and chose to follow Jyn on her journey.

The bounty hunter is how best friend and it's implied that they've been through hell together. He came because Yen is his best friend and their death scene shows that even if he doesn't believe in the force, he believes and trusts in Yen.

Rogue One had its problems but a lot of these things are explained pretty well within the narrative/scenes themselves. Go watch the movie again but there is a lot of nuance in little moments that speak to relationships, intentions, and connections. The theme of the move is trusting each other and trusting in things bigger than you.

People say Cassian didn't have any character but you can definitely see how he's good person that's been hardened by having to do horrible things. He's sneaky, conniving, and kinda scummy but you have to be to survive in his line of work. You see his attraction to Jyn grow as he sees her handle herself while also protecting her. He's conflicted about his orders because he wants to trust her but he's also given everything to the rebellion. He's torn about killing her dad and ultimately decides against it but you see it's killing him. He decides to trust in Jyn after he decides that she represents the rebellion more than the council did.

Was he charismatic or likable? Nah, not really, but I don't feel like he was supposed to be. He's supposed to come across as slimy and untrusting at first.

Same with Jyn. She's supposed to be a hardened, untrusting bytch. The first thing she did is to try to kill a bunch of dudes who broke her out so you know she's grown up completely untrusting of anyone, no matter what situation she's in. She's manipulative, a thief, and an opportunist. She steals a blaster, bargains against the rebellion council to leverage information, and manipulates Cassiun to keep the blaster.

You see after her meeting with Saul that she has felt betrayed by both of the men she trusted the most and chose not to believe in anything until she learned of the sacrifice her father actually made. After that, she did everything she could to prove his innocence and then realized that proving his innocence was less important than fulfilling his dying wishes. She chose to believe in something greater than self-preservation, just like her dad did.

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
Thus movie was trash. I'll be waiting for the next iteration of the force awakens. Even though I am not one for the feminine agenda.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I cannot get into this franchise. God this movie sucked, to the point that I was angry that it was so long. Fell asleep like 3 times. I'm done with all things Star Wars :russell:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's was really boring for the most part. The different planets all looked like earth and that's a first for Star Wars. Diego Luna had really a strange voice, everytime he talked it took me out of the movie.

I highly disagree with this.

Yes everything looks great but I did not care at all since I knew they'd send the plan and would be killed or captured and therefor had 0 stakes. The only way this movie works is by having great characters, since we knew their fate going in, and it did not happen. RLM touched on this in their review but this should've been Mission Impossible: Star Wars.

Why are you speaking on Star Wars?