Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I saw it today and I say this is a 8/10 and I was surprised that a prequel could be this good let alone serve as the bridge between Episode 4 & 5. After watching this movie and then looking back on Episode VII, TFA was kinda of lackluster in the direction it had.

That movie becomes more bullshyt every time I think about it :scust:

Put the Rebels back where they were at the start of Episode IV

Put the Jedi back where they were at the end of Episode III

Broke up Han and Leia

Made "The Return of the Jedi" Luke a failure and quitter

Gave the Empire a bigger Death Star

Made its villain get that work by an untrained scavenger

Made some orange "I'm not a biter I'm a writer" trick shark Yoda's entire lines from Empire

Had a white man give a black man his name

Had a scavenger tell Han fukking Solo how the Falcon works

Had Leia totally ignore Chewie and instead console a girl she never met about the death of Han fukking Solo

Forreal fukk JJ and fukk that movie :scust:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does this movie effect the crew of rebels since it is canon? Obviously its not over but hearing chopper and seeing the ghost means our 2 jedis are around somewhere in the ranks. If we fastforward to TFA Ezra would be in his 40s perhaps? I saw an old theory saying he could be snoke

:ohhh:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
How does this movie effect the crew of rebels since it is canon? Obviously its not over but hearing chopper and seeing the ghost means our 2 jedis are around somewhere in the ranks. If we fastforward to TFA Ezra would be in his 40s perhaps? I saw an old theory saying he could be snoke

There's a theory that Benicio Del Toro is playing Ezra in Episode 8, as a KOR apprenticed to Snoke. They may not survive through to Rogue One and beyond though. It could just be Hera, chopper and some other rebels in the Ghost.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a theory that Benicio Del Toro is playing Ezra in Episode 8, as a KOR apprenticed to Snoke. They may not survive through to Rogue One and beyond though. It could just be Hera, chopper and some other rebels in the Ghost.

Dope. Now what about starkiller? Is he still canon because of all of the nods In TFA and rogue one? Would be crazy and add to Vader's conflict if he was responsible for the rebellion in the 1st place to try and overthrow palps

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man that last scene with Vader murdering everyone in the hallway with force chokes, light saber slashes, and squashing cats to the ceiling like flies was some epic shyt. White guy next to me was even going crazy...and so was I. They finally showed Vader living up to his rep and in full on murderous rage mode. That shot of him posing with that lightsaber staring at the ship taking off was too damn cold (I need that screensaver). Man I have to see this shyt again. That beach battle was too damn good and felt like a real war with real stakes. I absolutely loved this movie and wasn't even expecting to.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why was the blaster part in the Death Star at the bottom instead of the top like in the og trilogy?

I think thats just the way it was orbiting the planet. Like they not gonna spin the fukker til its on top its bombs away asap when its pointed at the cannon.

Gotta think tho which side is right side up once your in that shyt

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
i would have liked this movie to skirt the 'politics' of the star wars universe even more. the actual star wars movies were about black and white, good and evil... but a smaller more personal movie like this could afford to explore those shades of grey.

krennic struck me as the type of villain who believed he was in the right. he seemed real passionate about restoring 'peace' for the empire... but in the end i don't know if we really ever learn what he or the empire stands for.

if any of you guys have a theory i am all ears.

It's basically normal loyalty/patriotism.

In RotS, Palpatine portrayed the Jedi as a cult trying to pull off a coup to get rid of the legit elected government.
The Republic was thousands of years old. I think as far as the citizens of the Republic were concerned, the Republic and the Empire were still the same "country". They still have the same Senators and even the same flag.At first, the only difference they would have seen between Republic and the Empire was that the guy in charge started calling himself an Emperor instead of a Chancellor.

The changes were gradual, and I would guess on the more remote worlds they didn't even notice a difference between the Republic and the Empire at all. If you watch the original Star Wars, it was Luke's lifelong dream to go to the Academy. As in, the IMPERIAL Acadamy. For Luke, joining the Empire was just the normal thing to do, exactly like going to college. He didn't want to leave with Obi Wan until stormtroopers killed his family and burned his house down.

(I JUST realized...If Rogue One doesn't happen, then Luke become a TIE Fighter Pilot)

Why was the blaster part in the Death Star at the bottom instead of the top like in the og trilogy?

There's no such thing as "Up" or "Down" in outer space. The Death Star seems to have its own artificial gravity that points toward its center (like a planet).

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Saw the movie on Tuesday. The beginning was a bit slow for me but the back half was incredible.
Definitely was on the edge of my seat and had a sense of desperation knowing they were all going to die in the end based on what we know from the other movies.
Not sure if it was supposed to be obvious but I felt like he purposely let them get away with the plans. He walked through that hall way casually destroying everyone in sight and it felt like he held back to let them get away with the plans.