Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Just saw this today, with my younger sister and really enjoyed it :obama:. She's not heavy into the Star Wars lore, but she liked it a lot as well and thought it was easier to follow along with than Force Awakens.

Good to see my man Donnie Yen get some shine in this "The Force is with me" :blessed:, inspired his buddy as well

Hadn't really seen Diego Luna before, same for Felicity Jones, thought they did a good job :ehh:

Liked the Droid character a lot.

Nas winding locked up again :skip:

That ending :wow:

I swear to god my childhood flashed in front of me being a 5 year old watching the original Star Wars...

RWkMJ2sAlv-i-feel-a-tear-coming-out-of-this-eye-and.gif

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Wait that doesn't make sense to me he knew about the stolen plans that shyt was right before the beginning of a new hope.

Not the plans, but the format. He may not have known it was on a hard disk. All he says is about the transmission, he knows the info has been transmitted and stored but he doesn't know how. He's probably going through computer files not finding anything, then occurs that is now must be a hard copy.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I still can't get over that black character yelling "I'm going!!!" And immediately shot. :mjlol:

you know we never make it in a movie! Especially as the random black character! you got a 10% chance if you're a "star" in the film. :laff:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw the movie on Tuesday. The beginning was a bit slow for me but the back half was incredible.
Definitely was on the edge of my seat and had a sense of desperation knowing they were all going to die in the end based on what we know from the other movies.
Not sure if it was supposed to be obvious but I felt like he purposely let them get away with the plans. He walked through that hall way casually destroying everyone in sight and it felt like he held back to let them get away with the plans.

Thats what i thought too. I dont remember where i read it or if its still canon but that is part of his conflict and him being somewhat responsible for the formation of the rebel alliance against palps. Exploiting a leak in his master weapon and distracting the emporer enough to attack him.

Them rule of 2 sith nikkas is like megatron and starscream. Always plotting on the come up

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Thinking about Force Awakens this could've been so much different than a New Hope rehash:stopitslime:Could've had the galaxy just a wild wild west with there being no Jedis/Republic and no Empire to have order. :francis:

There's more originality in that sentence than in all the actual TFA script.
Imagine a chaotic galaxy ruled by Hutts and other organized crime factions. Then you would have a reason for some people to long for the return of the Empire.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
There's more originality in that sentence than in all the actual TFA script.
Imagine a chaotic galaxy ruled by Hutts and other organized crime factions. Then you would have a reason for some people to long for the return of the Empire.
Maybe at some point, I want to see an actual functioning New Republic first though.

Actually, such a scenario would fit right in with a movie set during the era of the formation of the first Galactic Republic, like 25,000 years BBY. :ehh:You could see how it arose out of a Hutt/crime lord ruled Galaxy without a dominant galactic government.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does this movie effect the crew of rebels since it is canon? Obviously its not over but hearing chopper and seeing the ghost means our 2 jedis are around somewhere in the ranks. If we fastforward to TFA Ezra would be in his 40s perhaps? I saw an old theory saying he could be snoke

:ohhh:
I was under the impression that Ezra was older or about the same age as Luke