Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And if you didn't need any more reason to think rotten tomatoes is junk full of fan boys caught up in hype who orwtwnd to be imparial critics than look no more than force awakens score Compared to this.

RT is a failure because any fanboy with a website can write a review and be acknowledged alongside people who actually understand film and are involved in the business

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Just saw it and it was lit! I'm not even into Star Wars like that but I throughly enjoyed this movie.:mjgrin: Much better than A Force Awakens. Why they got to do my man Forrest like that though :francis:

If you knew the story, everyone got bodied. Everyone. Seeing it on screen the first time is :mjcry:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
That random rebel who passed the plans off before getting ended:salute:

unsung hero deserves respect :hubie:

And to think, Jyn had the hardest life there is. Young enough not to remember the Jedi in its dominance, and not living long enough to see the Death Star get destroyed and to see Obi Wan return and see Luke Skywalker come to being. :mjcry:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Saw it twice over the weekend finally.

Everyone combed through the details, and how that ending might be top 3 cinematic all-time, but if it hasn't been touched on yet, let's speak on how the importance of Luke Skywalker is full-on critical after this film, and why the title "A New Hope" means that much more.

Desperate. The alliance had push, were out there doing anything and everything that they could do to push back, but this movie shows just how critical the Alliance needed Luke Skywalker to join the fray. Especially after you saw how Lord Vader was the unopposed boogeyman of the Empire, they needed SOMETHING to be able to step to that. He straight up ATE nikkas at will, and there isn't a rebel, droid, or anything that was going to stand up to him when he was staring down at you.

Mostly, because of how he was strong with the Force (context of that is now truly realized) and used that to guide him through the battle at Yavin, along with other skirmishes along the way, Luke became the symbol of all symbols of hope. The Force being with him made everyone running with him stronger with the Force themselves, and put everyone in better positions to win. Some of the dumb luck shyt, like Storm Troopers missing like crazy, or the Millennium Falcon dodging the fukk out of space debris like it ain't no thing feels oddly explained by the Force finally being on their sides.

It sounds ridiculous when trying to describe movie silliness as being part of a bigger picture, but it's hard not to attribute all the convenient circumstances that happened on-screen since Luke's arrival to the Force truly reawakening for the light.

It's not only top 3 easily in the franchise, but I wouldn't beef with any opinion on this being the best. Empire is easily one of my favorite flicks, but it's nowhere near teflon perfect. If it didn't have the long-lasting place in my soul, I'd find it very easy for Rogue One to be my new favorite.

Not everyone one of these flicks is gonna be a homerun out the gate, like this one is to me, but I feel like we got another stand-alone flick that doesn't feel hampered by a poor prequel or an underwhelming sequel. It's just piff, and a potential GOAT war film set in the Star Wars universe.

Torrent and Blu-Ray day 1, 5/5
u04W0xs.png

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
People criticize Rey a lot for some bullshyt and some true reasons, yet Finn always comes out unscathed oddky enough

Cassian and Bodhi were everything Finn wasnt. JJ Abrams is a scam artist

The biggest flaws here were the K2S0 lame jokes and the cheesy Star Wars references taking up screentime. Also, Leia at the end looked like Asa Akira

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Qui Gon is the best on screen Jedi we have. Had all the virtue of the Jedi but was able to see the forrest past the trees interms of the limiting and dogmatic jedi code.

If he lived, Anakin never turns . :ufdup:

Palpatine would've had him taken out in some way. Split up he and Obi Wan, send him on another dummy mission, then wack him. Matter of fact, all Palpatine did in the PT was influence Qui-Gonn and Obi Wan being sent on dummy missions...chasing phantoms and ish. No wonder he was able to get so close to Anakin. He knew there was something not Jedi about those 2

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
People criticize Rey a lot for some bullshyt and some true reasons, yet Finn always comes out unscathed oddky enough

Cassian and Bodhi were everything Finn wasnt. JJ Abrams is a scam artist

The biggest flaws here were the K2S0 lame jokes and the cheesy Star Wars references taking up screentime. Also, Leia at the end looked like Asa Akira

On this forum some people ride for Finn but I see people on Star Wars forums and Twitter shytting on him a lot. I remember Alt-Right cats cheering that he wasn't a force user.