Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Post ROTS Obi-wan doesn't interest me. I'd kill all the padawans for a pre Episode 1 Qui-Gon/Obi-wan movie. Id even settle for a book on that.

Episode I Obi-Wan had no chill :russ:

When Qui-Gon is trying to barter with Watto this ninja really offered to sell the Queens wardrobe :skip:

QuiGon nearly sacrificed it all to free Anakin and Obi-Wan's like "why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform :scust:"

Watching QuiGon get got really humbled him.

The opening lines of TPM are underrated.

Obi-Wan senses something way off about their mission (Sidious) but Qui-Gon's like "fukk that focus on the now". Obi-Wan right there represents how Sidious tricked the Jedi by having them chasing shadows and Qui-Gon represents a different path. Yoda is the middleground which is why he can hear Qui-Gon and actually master "immortality".

"Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future"
"But not at the expense of the moment"

Last edited:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Qui Gon is the best on screen Jedi we have. Had all the virtue of the Jedi but was able to see the forrest past the trees interms of the limiting and dogmatic jedi code.

If he lived, Anakin never turns . :ufdup:
If he lives, Anakin wouldn't even be a Jedi. Or what if he trained Anakin? The possibilities :wow:

Ezra

Daps
I loved it. My main complaint tho is the lack of scenes with jedi-like abilities. The blind man and was the only one who showed any acumen in the ways of the force until the very end.. :damn:

Im surprised disney made a movie where everyone dies :gladbron:
One of the points of the movie was to show the sacrifice of normal / non force sensitive people in the galaxy. To show what monumental win against all odds this was for the rebellion. It makes what they accomplished much more amazing and by proxy destroying the Death Star in EP IV more so as well

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
One of the points of the movie was to show the sacrifice of normal / non force sensitive people in the galaxy. To show what monumental win against all odds this was for the rebellion. It makes what they accomplished much more amazing and by proxy destroying the Death Star in EP IV more so as well
I know but its star wars. Was there a single light saber battle in the whole movie?! :damn:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
If he lives, Anakin wouldn't even be a Jedi. Or what if he trained Anakin? The possibilities :wow:

He would be.

The Jedi never really rule it out absolutely (that's a Sith thing). Mace literally says "now is not the time for this", and he's right. They needed to know whether the Sith really returned or not.

Qui-Gon wasn't perfect. REALLY look at what he told the Jedi:

"The Sith are back....oh btw here's this kid with crazy potential and I'm willing to throw my own padawan in the bushes to train him even though we all sense he has a dark future".

It was too much. This is why Yoda/Obi-Wan end up perfecting it. Qui-Gon was onthe right path but he wasn't all the way there.

You could argue that him making Obi-Wan promise him to train Anakin, on his deathbed, wasn't the wisest thing to do.

Qui-Gon is ILL tho Liam Neeson and that character saves Phantom Menace like Ewan saves Clones.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I loved it. My main complaint tho is the lack of scenes with jedi-like abilities. The blind man and was the only one who showed any acumen in the ways of the force until the very end.. :damn:

Im surprised disney made a movie where everyone dies :gladbron:
Jedis aren't necessary in every movie. This proved you don't need them plus at this time they were all but extinct.