Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Agreed. It was a pointless scene.
Yeah. Everything with the pilot was nonsense.
that scene was used to show just how far off the deep end Saw has gone.
I guess but like... why?

Dude had NO impact on the movie other than giving them a reason to be on that planet in particular.

Pilot and Saw could've and should've been left on the editing floor considering the way the movie went. If the point of the first 2/3s of the film was to highlight how the Rebels had to fight grimey in the war, then there's a hell of a lot more that could've went toward that. They would have even been better off giving time to council members than the pilot and that nobody-goon belonging to Saw.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Kinda off topic but holy shyt this past week going holiday shopping... Star Wars is EVERYWHERE.

I challenge you to find any retail store right now NOT selling some kind of Star Wars licensed merchandise.

It was always big but it's gotten even more ridiculous.
Not aas big in my area as shyt was for the prequels or TFA, was in target and publix and didn't see any r2d2 soup or nothing.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. Everything with the pilot was nonsense.

I guess but like... why?

Dude had NO impact on the movie other than giving them a reason to be on that planet in particular.

Pilot and Saw could've and should've been left on the editing floor considering the way the movie went. If the point of the first 2/3s of the film was to highlight how the Rebels had to fight grimey in the war, then there's a hell of a lot more that could've went toward that. They would have even been better off giving time to council members than the pilot and that nobody-goon belonging to Saw.
Well I guess you can look at it as a little extra something for people that follow the new EU.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
One thing I just realized too...no one is talking about the jump to hyperspace from atmosphere! Supposed to be super dangerous and especially jumping blind like they did.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
this was a great movie and right now is my second favorite star wars film behind empire strikes back. the CGI for tarkin and leia were great and K-S2O was flawless imo.

even tho a lot of characters were introduced and everything happened fast, jyn, cassian, K-2SO and chirrut really grew on me at the end. i wish they were still alive and fighting with the rebel alliance:mjcry: i always wondered why the hell the death star had such a major flaw. i still can't get over that ending:sadbron:

Ezra

Daps
Tbh if I hadn't read this I think I would be more critical of the movie.

What other Star Wars books should I read? I have the Thrawn trilogy and Tarkin to read as well.

Oh young padawan, you have so much to read.

I'd hold off on Thrawn until you catch up on the new canon stuff. Thrawn is a great story, but doesn't impact the timeline the way new canon does.

If you liked Catalyst, I'd read Bloodlines, Lost Stars and Tarkin first. Then Aftermath and Life Debt. They are part of a trilogy. The third book comes out in Feb.

Id say those are the most important in terms of interconnecting the new canon. All of them are good books, except Aftermath. The only problem is you need to read it to get to Life Debt

There are other new canon books, but that group is the must reads. Then you can catch up on the other stuff and/or going back and reading Legends stuff

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks breh. I'll pick up Bloodlines and Lost Stars. Which order should those two and Tarkin be read?

Ezra

Daps
Thanks breh. I'll pick up Bloodlines and Lost Stars. Which order should those two and Tarkin be read?
Doesn't really matter. If you liked the connectivity Catalyst had to the movie, Id suggest Bloodlines. It's about Leia 5 or 6 years before TFA, and has a lot of tie-ins to the movie.

Tarkin is more of like a biography of the man, and just spans his career. There are some cool things in there, but it can be pretty dry. Lost Stars spans the original trilogy. Both are more about getting the feel of the universe from different perspectives of a longer period of time. Bloodlines, like Catalyst are more of an acute story that has more direct relationships w the movies.