Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
. The only thing unnecessary in the film was the weak slug torture scene.

I feel like the movie would've been just as good, if not better, if the first time we see him is simply when the Rogues end up un the cell next to him.

His first scene is definitely pointless, and the Bor Gullet scene felt very Trekkish.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Bane is non canon unless he's talked about in the new books created after Disney made the deal. If not, he and Revan are non canon along with the rest of the previous EU books.
Bane was in The Clone Wars towards at the end. He's officially canon now. Revan was going to be in the same episode too, but was scrapped at the last minute. I can't imagine Revan never becoming canon while Bane is since Bane based the Rule Of Two off of Revan's vision of the Sith, and a he received a significant amount of knowledge from Revan via a holocron.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I wonder if the name Galen was a nod to Galen Marek (Starkiller) from The Force Unleashed series, kind of like Kylo Ren being a nod to Jacen Solo, Ben Skywalker, and Kyp Durron :jbhmm:.They both wound up being critical pieces to the Rebellion, and wounf up sacrificing themselves
:ohhh: What was the nod to Kyp Durron? The "Ky"?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I wonder if the name Galen was a nod to Galen Marek (Starkiller) from The Force Unleashed series, kind of like Kylo Ren being a nod to Jacen Solo, Ben Skywalker, and Kyp Durron :jbhmm:.They both wound up being critical pieces to the Rebellion, and wounf up sacrificing themselves
He was a StarkIller nod

Bane was in The Clone Wars towards at the end. He's officially canon now. Revan was going to be in the same episode too, but was scrapped at the last minute. I can't imagine Revan never becoming canon while Bane is since Bane based the Rule Of Two off of Revan's vision of the Sith, and a he received a significant amount of knowledge from Revan via a holocron.
I'm on season 5 Bane is in this?!:gladbron::whoo::damn::banderas:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
:ohhh: What was the nod to Kyp Durron? The "Ky"?
Ren getting somehow getting Vader's helmet from the pyre. Durron visited the site too when he was younger to try to feed off the dark side. There are quite a few similarities between Kyp and Kylo. There are a couple between Finn and Kyle Katarn too, which is why some folks think he may wind up being a Jedi too.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Ren getting somehow getting Vader's helmet from the pyre. Durron visited the site too when he was younger to try to feed off the dark side. There are quite a few similarities between Kyp and Kylo. There are a couple between Finn and Kyle Katarn too, which is why some folks think he may wind up being a Jedi too.
:ehh: Excellent comparison, hopefully that's the route they go down. Wasn't Kyle Katarn a rebel agent for several years after defecting, & before undergoing Jedi training? So even if Finn isn't trained in Episode 8, he still could be further down the line.