Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
They were one garrison stationed on one moon of one planet in the Outer Rim. There is no way AT-ST's, stormtroopers & scout troopers represented anywhere near the entirety of the Empire's forces throughout the galaxy.

It was the Death Star 2's construction site, and the Emperor already knew the rebels were coming, including Luke himself. It was a trap...

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Seeing that scene again it just occurred to me...

Vader can steal Han's blaster from across the room right out of his hand but he couldn't acquire the data disc from the rebels while they were playing keep away?

:ld:

Did he know they had it?

I think vader knew they had something, but not exactly what it was.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I don't think the CGI option was a good replacement though. Even though it was good CGI, it was still noticeable CGI and the whole thing about special effects is that you aren't supposed to notice.

that dude was barely in the movie, so I didn't care about them CGI'ing him in for continuity purposes of the story :yeshrug:

same with princess leia.

I expect to see a lot more of this going foward as they perfect the technology.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
holy shyt this was fukking awesome

K2SO >>>> 3PO

I feel if R2 talked he'd be the a$$hole K2 is.

nice
cameos from 3PO/R2

IP Man was bad ass as fukk too

I'd say I like it better than TFA

fukking loved
the ending and how it transitions into ANH, wasn't really surprised by the ending in general though, makes sense...would be more of a surprise if they went the other route and had them survive.

Gonna def watch it again

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Looks like the totally changed the ending. Apparently, NONE of the trailer scenes from the last act actually made it into the theatrical version

Rogue One Missing Trailer Footage Tell Us This About The Reshoots

Scenes show the entire team surviving long enough to be together on the beach with the Death Star tapes.

More like they changed half the movie. In the first half there's a lot of emphasis on the necklace that Jyn receives from her mother, implying there might be more to it. She has a flashback serving to remind us it was given to her by her mother, and it's also the first thing Chirrut notices about her. Yet somewhere along the way, the necklace isn't mentioned or really seen anymore, being reduced to nothing more than an arbitrary good luck charm.

Similarly, when Cassian and Jyn first enter Jedha City, Cassian mentions they have a female contact who lost her husband in the rebellion fighting the Empire who could help Jyn meet with Saw, yet not even two minutes later is this plot point completely abandoned as all their subsequent dialogue starts to imply they had no idea how to get in touch with Saw's rebels until they stumbled upon them in the fire fight (I suspect this fight was added at a later point to have an action set piece earlier on in the movie).

I don't know how accurate it is but it would explain why the early story acts have such a poor flow to them.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Only criticism I would give the film is the first half can drag a bit but it picks up fairly quickly. I liked how the first 10 - 20 minutes was fast paced, we saw a lotta shyt in a short amount of time and ol' boy gave no fukks and killed anybody

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
The action in jedha city was one of the first images we saw from leaks so I don't think it was added on. I do think the reshoots were to make sure that this flowed seemlessly into ANH without adding any more plot holes.

As for the movie itself:

Vader and Tarkin were great. The nods to the old movies, the tie ins to various parts of the new continuity. Jyn was cool. Blind guy was cool. I really enjoyed this film. Top 5 Star Wars film.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
tumblr_oib49ceue91qfy2kdo1_540.gif

tumblr_oib49ceue91qfy2kdo2_540.gif

tumblr_oiajq7Iuum1rszoo3o1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_oiajq7Iuum1rszoo3o3_r1_540.gif

tumblr_oiajq7Iuum1rszoo3o2_r1_540.gif