Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I honestly trying to figure out how some are saying it's the best Star Wars movie. I'm legit surprised. Visually beatiful, good storytelling, nice closing sequence. But it still not better then Force Awakens and certainly not touching Empire Strikes. Forest Whitaker was subpar, Donnie Yen was underused, and that fake CP-30 robot was too annoying. Only thing I was happy about that even though the female was the lead. It didn't really feel like her movie. I'm all for the dark vibe if you do it right like the "Dark Knight". At parts they did but overall, no. I'm legit scared now for these spin off movies.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I had been reading up on Peter Cushing a little today. After his wife passed away in 1971 he was quoted as saying "Since Helen passed on I can't find anything; the heart, quite simply, has gone out of everything. Time is interminable, the loneliness is almost unbearable and the only thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that my dear Helen and I will be reunited again some day. To join Helen is my only ambition. You have my permission to publish that ... really, you know, dear boy, it's all just killing time. Please say that." :mjcry: He later did Star Wars because he thought it would be an excellent movie for kids. He enjoyed his experience on the film, appreciated the renewed interest in his work from young fans and only regretted that he could not appear in the sequels.

I've got to watch that movie that he did with John Carradine, Vincent Price, and Christopher Lee. It sounds interesting.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly trying to figure out how some are saying it's the best Star Wars movie. I'm legit surprised. Visually beatiful, good storytelling, nice closing sequence. But it still not better then Force Awakens and certainly not touching Empire Strikes. Forest Whitaker was subpar, Donnie Yen was underused, and that fake CP-30 robot was too annoying. Only thing I was happy about that even though the female was the lead. It didn't really feel like her movie. I'm all for the dark vibe if you do it right like the "Dark Knight". At parts they did but overall, no. I'm legit scared now for these spin off movies.
It's the War in Star Wars. If you are into the expanded universe, this movie is basically that.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm guessing Catalyst is a must read before viewing this film? So the novel takes place shortly before Rogue One?

Iamnutz

midnight marauder
Daps
Reppin
#585 #ROC
Just got home from watching... It was a pretty good flick. I didn't mind the the story build at the beginning, the 2nd half payoff was worth it. I appreciate the different nods to original Star Wars movies. I really liked the ending..

No happy endings... And the good guys dies.. Rouge one group = a real suicide squad"

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Just got home from watching... It was a pretty good flick. I didn't mind the the story build at the beginning, the 2nd half payoff was worth it. I appreciate the different nods to original Star Wars movies. I really liked the ending..

No happy endings... And the good guys dies.. Rouge one group = a real suicide squad"
Vader putting the brakes on that escape route was :damn:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Star Wars Headlines Pictures Videos Wallpaper
SPOILERS: This ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Cast Member Is Signed Up For One More Movie
147562.jpg

A new report sheds some light on how much the cast of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story were paid, while one actor in particular reportedly has a sequel clause written into their contact. Will it be used?
Jyn.jpg

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is very much a standalone movie, but could some of the newly introduced characters return? Well, considering the fact they all die, it's highly unlikely, but you have to believe that they're still going to live on in comic books, novels, and merchandise. However, in the case of one character, it sounds like Disney and Lucasfilm may still have plans for them on the big screen.

In case you hadn't already guessed, we're talking about Felicity Jones' Jyn Erso. The Hollywood Reporter reveals that the Oscar winning British actress, "has one sequel option in her contract."

It's also mentioned that Jones was the highest paid member of the Rogue One cast with a seven figure salary. The likes of Diego Luna and Ben Mendelssohn meanwhile walked away with a sum in the mid six figure range, and this could be a sign that Lucasfilm is determined to keep her around. How that sequel option could be used remains to be seen, but a younger version of Rey could show up in Han Solo or a movie exploring what exactly the character was getting up to before the events of Rogue One.

The latter wouldn't really be that necessary (especially while so many other characters sit on the shelf), but this reveal is definitely pretty interesting. What do you guys think? Share your thoughts below.
Possible in the Han Solo flick...

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was geeking out on the inside when money came out the dark. Everyone in the theater was like:whoo::lupe:

This part got the biggest response

And I think they CGI one of them fighters. The inside looked very 80sish.

Edit: Yup

The Return of Red and Gold Leaders
r1z1evkzxpfknzjnlzna.png

There are quite a few familiar faces inRogue One, but one of our favorite callouts was the use of original footage from A New Hope’s Battle of Yavin sequence to resurrect Garven Dreis and Jon Vander, the Red and Gold Leader of their respective X-Wing and Y-Wing squadrons in the Alliance. The two men may have lived to fight another day at Scarif, but would ultimately perish in the Battle of Yavin.

The Fate of Red Five
l6pozkmdyrw8gthhsjy6.png

Speaking of Rebel pilots, we also get to learn in Rogue One why there was a vacancy in Red Squadron for Luke to fill in—the callsign of Red Five, specifically. Unsurprisingly, the vacancy is because Red Five dies inRogue One, shot down like a chump after failing to pull up in time during the space battle over Scarif. At least Luke did the callsign good shortly after.

Last edited:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
I just got back and I'm speechless....That movie was super dope in all aspects in terms of story and action some parts felt like a drag but it started to pick up in the middle and towards the end and the end is what made the movie for me :wow:...alot of callbacks to alot of the OG films as well as the prequels. The irony of where Vader is located at when we first see him was pretty chilling made me lowkey feel unease his part was small yet effective. The only thing i felt that could've put more of super cool touch was having a jedi in the group IP Man did his thing he was my fav. character in the movie definitely about to watch A New Hope in a few. But overall the movie was really good crazy to see how far cgi has come too and the cameos were lit as well.