Rockstar needs a damn competitor for GTA

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I mean, what can you even do with the series at this point? It’s been the same thing for 20 years.

Saints row is your best bet if you just want to run around a city causing anarchy

GTA has a lot they can do with the series.

I know you're a RDR hater but none of the GTAs have a story comparable to a RDR game, they can start by actually making a GTA with that caliber of story.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It's gonna be tough for a true GTA competitor to come out because those games have MASSIVE budgets and teams to make them what they are.

Not many developers want to cough up that kind of money and take such a risk to truly compete with that type of game

Plus "sandbox" games are likely a lot harder to make in general, let alone something that's supposed to be a GTA killer

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Unreal 5 should make that competitor

After that it's all about writing and fine tuning gameplay

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka...I will be in my mid 40's ‍:blessed:

I don't understand why someone else doesn't make one of these games.

True Crimes
Godfather
Mafia
Scarface
Driver

shyt even Simpsons Hit and Run was the shyt and all of these games were made in the same vein as GTA. I don't understand why nobody wants to touch this market.

Because great open world games with living, breathing worlds are huge money sinks and take a lot of fukking money/time/resources to compete with one of the most successful gaming/entertainment properties of all time.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Finished all the heists and was talking with my cousin like damn yo this game boring really. I see why fools just run around and kill when I be in a lobby trying to make cash. It’s kinda like once you make a certain amount of money you already done did everything bought everything. It ain’t nothing special after that.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
nikka...I will be in my mid 40's ‍:blessed:

I don't understand why someone else doesn't make one of these games.

True Crimes
Godfather
Mafia
Scarface
Driver

shyt even Simpsons Hit and Run was the shyt and all of these games were made in the same vein as GTA. I don't understand why nobody wants to touch this market.
All them joints you named are fukking classics

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Because great open world games with living, breathing worlds are huge money sinks and take a lot of fukking money/time/resources to compete with one of the most successful gaming/entertainment properties of all time.

There is ZERO competition when there are decades in between games from the most successful property.

Anyone of these video game companies come with anything close to a GTA clone is going to cake like crazy, it's one of the reasons everyone wanted that Cyberpunk shyt. Gotdamn game was breaking records for pre-orders at Ganestop and then it dropped and we know what happened next.

If someone drops a playable open world game it will sell

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The former producer and game designer of the GTA franchise is creating a game that's suppose to rival it.

Everywhere (video game) - Wikipedia

Who knows when that's coming out though. But as far as a competitor? There isn't really one. It's the reason why I hate Saints Row 3 and 4 so damn much. They turn that franchise into a joke. They had the opportunity to replace GTA due to Rockstar being complacent and they dropped the ball. Hopefully the reboot can restore the feeling, but I have my doubts.
If The Benz is making that game it should be good.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The thing is GTA since GTA3 Rockstar has invested hundreds of milions of dollars into open world gaming. They have more hands on deck, more, patents, the best tech. They got about 15 years of mileage out of the GTA 4 engine alone and have made Billions. Few companies outside of Bethesda can really compete with that.