Rock's Preferred City Series (PCS): Charlotte or Raleigh?

Which do you prefer?

• Charlotte

Votes: 52 63.4%
  • Raleigh

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Different Carolina City

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
What’s wrong with it?
The Charlotte/Raleigh rivalry is some sibling shyt. They really aren't that different as cities, the people who tend to think they are, are native Carolinians...

I've lived in both, in most ways, they are the same city. There are some big differences but there's only a few...

When people from Charlotte downplay Raleigh it's sibling energy, Raleigh competes well with Charlotte. Raleigh holding down the East side of NC, Charlotte holds down the west side of NC. I fukk with both but I really love living here in Raleigh...

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
The Charlotte/Raleigh rivalry is some sibling shyt. They really aren't that different as cities, the people who tend to think they are, are native Carolinians...

I've lived in both, in most ways, they are the same city. There are some big differences but there's only a few...

When people from Charlotte downplay Raleigh it's sibling energy, Raleigh competes well with Charlotte. Raleigh holding down the East side of NC, Charlotte holds down the west side of NC. I fukk with both but I really love living here in Raleigh...
you owe me weed.

TMBlue

Pro
Daps

Are they better than Sacramento tho? :youngsabo:

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah man, those are like 2 different states. Even the accents are different. You wont find people in Charlotte saying something. "He wont mad" I ONLY heard that in Raleigh and eastern NC, and Newport VA area. That's a whole different dialect. The natives in Charlotte are more direct and straight forward. Raleigh they behave like some weird cult and Raleigh seems to attract cults. Huge difference to me, like cat and dog.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah hell nah yall doing too much 🤣 🤣

Charlotte is a better city but Raleigh is closing the gap. I lived in Charlotte and its dope. I live in Raleigh and this shyt here jumping the way its supposed to, its not as big as Charlotte so of course Charlotte has more things to do, relatively speaking. There's plenty of shyt popping here though...

This is a city of bag chasers and paper flippers. We fly as hell (yall got me saying "we" now, I'm an adopted Raleighite now). shyt is a fun spot to live and to be honest its not much different from Charlotte, they more alike than not. Parks and rec is better here. Events and entertainment better in Charlotte. Fine ass women in both. Landscape, weather, development of the city the same in both. Dining and restaurants mostly the same, Charlotte has more luxury dealers...

The only real difference is because Charlotte is bigger it attracts more events and entertainment, which is a bonafide plus if you need to be somewhere with more to do. I'm satisfied with what Raleigh offers because there's still alot going on here and if I absolutely need to leave to see something else I just hop the Amtrak to Charlotte or drive. Charlotte also has better transit infrastructure but Raleigh's isn't bad...

Raleigh has grown on me. The funny thing is the same way Charlotteans shyt on Raleigh, mf's from elsewhere shyt on Charlotte and call it country, boring, slow, dead, suburban, all those descriptives. I know because I used to live there too 🤣....

The reality is they are similar but different tiers of city and you gotta appreciate them for what they are instead of what they aren't, or just move...

Raleigh is an over grown college town, and operates like one.

Charlotte is a REAL city, and operates like one.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Raleigh is an over grown college town, and operates like one.

Charlotte is a REAL city, and operates like one.
This is funny, because Charlotte is 15% less densely populated than Raleigh. Charlotte is mostly suburbia, as is Raleigh, except Charlotte has MORE suburban areas......in the "city" limits...

Charlotte is a city but it definitely has a different influence from white people, that whole Nascar redneck shyt is much bigger in Charlotte...

You can call Raleigh an overgrown college town, that just means it's cosmopolitan and educated. Most major cities have a strong educational infrastructure, Charlotte is one of the rare ones who do not...

Raleigh has a strong downtown for the size of the city. Charlotte is bigger, so it's downtown is better. Charlotte has a light rail line that isn't accessible to most residents, but at least they have it. Raleigh has a pretty good transit system otherwise...

Charlotte is definitely more of a "country" personality in accents and style, Raleigh is more bougie, so that's a difference between the two. And I'm not saying either are bad, it's just a noted contrast. The cult shyt you speak of, I've seen in both. They are both "cult-ish", as are most people about their cities----->have you met people from New York or Atlanta? Those people treat their cities like a cult 🤣 🤣...

Texans too 🤣 🤣 🤣...

To say Raleigh operates like a college town in hyperbolic though. Chapel Hill is a college town. Durham is much more of a college town. Raleigh operates like a growing city new to the national stage, that just happens to have a bunch of colleges and educated people here...

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
funny this thread is upped..

I just went to Charlotte over the weekend (first time). City is amazing. I wasnt expecting much, but that city is a vibe.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Yea, I'm still here. It's cool, but I have a few grievances with this place.
Please let's hear em, because as a guy who isn't native to Carolina your perspective is sorely needed in this thread. These Carolina natives gas Charlotte out the ass, and you know I fukk with Charlotte too but some balance is sorely needed...

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Please let's hear em, because as a guy who isn't native to Carolina your perspective is sorely needed in this thread. These Carolina natives gas Charlotte out the ass, and you know I fukk with Charlotte too but some balance is sorely needed...
lol..

Of course I didnt venture around the whole city. Only downtown.

If I was to move there, I would live downtown anyway. shyt was nice