Robin Thicke and Paula Patton Separate

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
both these fools overvaluing themselves. thicke had one major hit. paula hasn't had a hit movie in god knows when. stay together.

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's funny is that Paula Patton claims her blackness more than a lot of ya'll kkkoons do on here

Paula knows what it's like to be misunderstood. Growing up in L.A., the daughter of a white teacher and an African-American defense attorney, it wasn't easy to fit in. "People judged me because I was light-skinned. [They'd assume] I didn't want to be part of the black race," she says. In fact, Paula, who has been referred to as biracial, says it's a word she doesn't care for. "I find it offensive. It's a way for people to separate themselves from African-Americans...a way of saying 'I'm better than that.' I'm black because that's the way the world sees me. People aren't calling Barack Obama biracial. Most people think there's a black president."

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/paula-patton

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
even if he's worth more, chances are, he ain't gonna find another good looking working broad who makes good money that's a non-goldigger :yeshrug:

I just don't see the point of leaving a broad who's content with letting u smash other hoes tho.

Career move. I think having a non-white wife, that would be considered black, has kept him in a certain lane to some extent....from a societal standpoint.

Now, as a single white male, he can play more of a Justin Timberlake lane...white guy who makes blackish music but still retains his "whiteness" so to speak.

Take a look at Justin Timberlake. He can make all types of RnB songs and work with nothing but black artists. But he still has a white wife, which keeps him in the spectrum of middle-class white American ideals....which strengthens his popularity, record sales and sponsorships. I'm sure Justin had more than a few black chicks wanting to be his girlfriend/wife, but he knew that would cause a negative impact to his overall brand....even if he may have been interested.

Peace

Midrash

All Star
Daps
It's time...
0J85Pz.gif

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
That's never going to happen. General white audiences are not feeling Robin like that. They think he's a creep. They already think the BL song (the only song they know and associate him with) has questionable lyrics and accompanying music video.

He seems to fancy women of all races so its not going to be a big deal what color his next girlfriend will be.

Ok, we'll see. But he's still considered an attractive, white male singer. And he's newly single. Part of his creep factor was the fact that he was associated very heavily with black culture....moreso than other white RnB singers by virtue of having a black wife.

And I'm sure he "fancies" women of all races....every man does to a certain extent. But from a career standpoint, I have a feeling his next long term relationship will be a white woman....as he fancies them as well. Plus, having a white woman on his arm does more good than bad for him in terms of financial possibilities within his career.

Peace

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
he is????? she's doing movies with tom cruise and multiple movies with :myman:

I would assume she's worth more since actresses tend to make more bread than singers.

robin thicke if touring alot can clear a half a mill a week

i doubt patton is getting major bread for her roles.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, we'll see. But he's still considered an attractive, white male singer. And he's newly single. Part of his creep factor was the fact that he was associated very heavily with black culture....moreso than other white RnB singers by virtue of having a black wife.

And I'm sure he "fancies" women of all races....every man does to a certain extent. But from a career standpoint, I have a feeling his next long term relationship will be a white woman....as he fancies them as well. Plus, having a white woman on his arm does more good than bad for him in terms of financial possibilities within his career.

Peace

Its got nothing to do with his association with black culture. Most people didn't even know his wife was black/biracial, and its not like she's the brownest thing out there. The naked women music video, the openly cheating, the drugs, etc. was off putting.

For a career standpoint, it would not do him any good to not have more black/mixed race girlfriends. Black people bought his records and was his base. He might be able to come out with some more crossover hits that will have some white people buying on iTunes, but he'll never have white supporters.