Robert Williams out for the season

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
In the NBA draft people were wondering why he fell so low. It's because of his injury history that the Celtics were even able to get him and take a chance on him

I loved him on the Celtics, but his body just gave out on him. Feel so sad for him

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sad ..but not surprising ..it was obvious that the Celtics were intentionally using him up last year when he injured his knee before the playoffs … that’s what they do in pro sports if you allow them to and why I don’t care if players push for “empowerment”
Bu bu but he had injury history!

I notice posters in here are ignoring this post

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
So why draft him that high? Could’ve let him fall in the second round if that’s the case

Getting him at the end of the 1st was good value. He was mocked as high as mid-late lottery at times in 2018.

I wish my Wizards drafted him instead of Troy Brown :scust: I was yelling for it on draft night.

Ended up trading Brown for Gafford (who was a 2nd round pick in 2019). But Williams is much better than Gafford.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Don't blame Boston for that as he had injury issues even before they drafted him.

He tore his Meniscus and was on the Court 5 weeks later :stopitslime:

That’s clear negligence by the Celtics. They weren’t looking out for this dude’s career at all. Dude was only 24 years old at the time. Meanwhile JJJ had the exact same injury and sat out an entire year.

Why? Because he actually had an organization invested in his career and they went about it the right way…repairing his meniscus instead of just ripping it out and ushering him back on to the court..

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He tore his Meniscus and was on the Court 5 weeks later :stopitslime:

That’s clear negligence by the Celtics. They weren’t looking out for this dude’s career at all. Dude was only 24 years old at the time. Meanwhile JJJ had the exact same injury and sat out an entire year.

Why? Because he actually had an organization invested in his career and they went about it the right way…repairing his meniscus instead of just ripping it out and ushering him back on to the court..
He could have chosen to take the long term approach just like did in this particular instance

You have to look out for yourself and your best interest instead of expecting your employer to do it for you

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Because there is not a single thing in that post that is factual
Look at the Celtics management groupie in here running interference. They let that nikka come back from surgery for last year’s playoffs…wore his ass down which led to yet another surgery in Sep… this is why he didn’t debut last season until December

They used him until there was nothing left …same thin they did with Isiah Thomas …Boston Celtics pulling this burn and churn shyt ain’t new …those are facts :camby: