Rise of the Tomb Raider [Official Thread] PS4 finally experiencing greatness

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I wanted to get back in the game and get all the crypts. I said fukk it, and found them all. They are not worth it. You just get an achievement and ancient weapons (which suck IMO)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This part I'm at is okay. :ehh: It picked up just a tad bit. It's the Acropis or w/e.
2016-02-07_00005s3ssk.jpg

A little past here. I wish the actual combat loop and gameplay was mechanically tight because it'd be funner.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
This part I'm at is okay. :ehh: It picked up just a tad bit. It's the Acropis or w/e.

A little past here. I wish the actual combat loop and gameplay was mechanically tight because it'd be funner.
Yeah the second half of the game is easily better than the first half.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
1.2 million ain't terrible.

Hopefully they'll make another one. Thinking back, I actually liked ROTR more than I thought. I think the performance issues were clouding my judgment. I give it an 8.5 now, all things considered :ehh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Hopefully they'll make another one. Thinking back, I actually liked ROTR more than I thought. I think the performance issues were clouding my judgment. I give it an 8.5 now, all things considered :ehh:
I'm almost done but performance issues or not the game wasn't very special imo. I cannot take those GOTY praises it got from people as legitimate and at best, I think some of the people claiming it was all that great are easily impressed :manny:. I could write a detailed review on it but meh, who cares.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Game is fun so far (i'm like 3 hours in i think). Graphics is probably the best i've seen this generation.The game runs fine for me on my gtx 970. Only problem is it gets hot as hell. Even hotter than AC Syndicate which gets to like 79c for me. So i got to put my temp limit to like 73c so it won't get to 80c. It still runs good even though it's throttling.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps

I'm sure they're already working on the next one. Square Enix has to be self-aware enough to take the L and realize they fukked up with that microsoft "deal" and launching their game in Fall. If the game had come out January 2016 on all platforms at the same time, it would be killing right now. Would probably be at 4 million sold by the end of this month.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
I'm almost done but performance issues or not the game wasn't very special imo. I cannot take those GOTY praises it got from people as legitimate and at best, I think some of the people claiming it was all that great are easily impressed :manny:. I could write a detailed review on it but meh, who cares.
lol I can because I everything else disappointed me last year except for Bloodborne. 2nd place for 2015 for me is a toss up between Rise of the Tomb Raider, Until Dawn and Metal Gear Solid V. It could go either way. :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol I can because I everything else disappointed me last year except for Bloodborne. 2nd place for 2015 for me is a toss up between Rise of the Tomb Raider, Until Dawn and Metal Gear Solid V. It could go either way. :yeshrug:
I had a lot of fun with Until Dawn(I share played it with a friend and we were having a blast) and MGSV though it I had issues with it was still entertaining to say the least. ROTR doesn't "suck", it's just to me a polished average game.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
100%'d this shyt. Gonna let it sit for a bit, then play some of that endurance mode. :whew:
100% :whoo:

What does reading those pillars do? You gotta have like max level language skills to read em. I'm curious as to what they do or say. I'm not gonna 100% it (I'm done with the game until the next story dlc), but I'm curious.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
100% :whoo:

What does reading those pillars do? You gotta have like max level language skills to read em. I'm curious as to what they do or say. I'm not gonna 100% it (I'm done with the game until the next story dlc), but I'm curious.
Reading the pillars makes certain collectibles appear on your map for you. Same for the adventurer's bags (skull icons on map) and archivist maps.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Reading the pillars makes certain collectibles appear on your map for you. Same for the adventurer's bags (skull icons on map) and archivist maps.
Word. I thought they had some special story or something. Thanks for letting me know though.